Notices

Review: Sprint Booster.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2010, 04:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Originally Posted by boondoc
Amby i stopped arguing with you a long time ago and i usually step away when it starts but i'm pretty sure i never said in "increases" throttle response. Whether this thing add power or fools the ECU the main point is that it IMPROVES throttle response, which more than one person here has experience. And from what you said results in improved throttle response, does it not?

PS. The added power remark was sarcasm so please don't dwell on that like u usually do to keep an argument goin.
You said improved throttle response correct? I assumed that by that you meant it increased the response of the car when you apply the throttle. My point though is that it does not improve throttle response, it actually doesn't change that aspect at all. Throttle response is how the car responds to a given throttle input, let's say 40% throttle. That's the same regardless of whether the SB is installed or not. What the SB does though is make the throttle more sensitive.
Old Apr 3, 2010, 04:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by secondchace
i cant test till late may, but would love to see data.

as for the ree ree kid amby im done trying to communicate with his thick negative mind.
Seriously, what's with these kinds comments? I'm 24 years old with one degree under my belt, another coming by the end of the summer and hopefully law school in a year, I'm hardly a kid.
I've already posted data but I get the impression you haven't read it yet.
Old Apr 3, 2010, 04:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 03chi-town0Z
i personally cant believe this is still going on without any hard numerical facts. can someone please go out and get some actual real-time data at a track and end all of this? i rather enjoy reading all of the arguing that happens here on evom, but from a consumer's point of view, i feel that by arguing, you are essentially achieving nothing. i personally dont want to spend the money on something not tested to work, and dont know of any retailer in my area willing to let me "test drive" one of these, so its up to someone else to help me and any others like myself make the only decision that really counts. please??? yeah, it is nice in the end to understand how things work to make for better race times, but before that, we need to see if it actually does work before it becomes relevant information. somebody just take one of these to a track already
Here, real data that measures a variety of parameters.
http://www.crosslake.net/~dbipes/spr...intBooster.pdf
Given that Sprint Booster claims no change in 1/4 mile times or 0-60 times, I'd say that's a pretty damning piece of evidence that it doesn't. I don't know of a manufacturer in the automotive industry that doesn't try to claim any performance increases they can possibly get away with.
If we look at the graphs evo_soul posted, we can see how insignificant the change would be.

Notice how the SB appears to hit WOT a fraction of a second faster, under 0.1 seconds faster. That's so insignificant that you'd have a hell of a time seeing it at the track. Variables like tire pressure, air temperature, your launch, etc. are likely to play a bigger role and cause changes greater than 0.1 seconds.
If we look at this graph (lower left corner of the image), the difference in time to achieve WOT between the SB and no SB is nothing.
Old Apr 3, 2010, 04:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So what ur sayin is that there is absolutely no type of improved throttle response? Its all an illusion by whoever buys it. I get it now.
Old Apr 3, 2010, 04:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by boondoc
So what ur sayin is that there is absolutely no type of improved throttle response? Its all an illusion by whoever buys it. I get it now.
It's increased throttle pedal sensitivity. Throttle response is something a bit different but people attribute the fact that the car picks up faster when they depress the pedal to an improvement in this area. However, the reason why it picks up faster is because the ECU thinks you're asking for more throttle than you actually are, that is it believes you've depressed the pedal farther. It's a great illusion really and I'm honestly jealous of the guys who have this product patented because they're going to make a killing off of it. Give people the illusion of a faster car for 5$ worth of electronics, slap a 300$ price tag on it and have followers that will defend it to the death, investors are drooling just at the thought.
Old Apr 3, 2010, 05:29 PM
Evolved Member

Right ok im out of it now. You're the man.
Old Apr 3, 2010, 06:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ambystom01
Seriously, what's with these kinds comments? I'm 24 years old with one degree under my belt, another coming by the end of the summer and hopefully law school in a year, I'm hardly a kid.
I've already posted data but I get the impression you haven't read it yet.
Ooooh You'll make a good lawyer
Old Apr 3, 2010, 09:57 PM
Evolved Member

Yo, this is the same thing as the Blitz throttle controller. Even if this connects where the gas pedal is. It still change the signal at the throttle body. The gas pedal controls the throttle bottle via a electric wire now. No more throttle cables any more.

This will make your car feel and respond quicker. It will not make your car any faster though...
Just know that we have several RA cars here on the forums that have ran 12's with this gimmick.

Please back up all your claims of "my car is so much faster and response is so much better" with some real evidence. Also, what might feel better for you might not for someone else. We all want to go faster, but you know there are compromises to everything.
Old Apr 3, 2010, 11:14 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Bom's Evo
Yo, this is the same thing as the Blitz throttle controller. Even if this connects where the gas pedal is. It still change the signal at the throttle body. The gas pedal controls the throttle bottle via a electric wire now. No more throttle cables any more.

This will make your car feel and respond quicker. It will not make your car any faster though...
Just know that we have several RA cars here on the forums that have ran 12's with this gimmick.

Please back up all your claims of "my car is so much faster and response is so much better" with some real evidence. Also, what might feel better for you might not for someone else. We all want to go faster, but you know there are compromises to everything.

no one claimed it was faster noob, so please go back to the fail forums and learn how to read and interpret

The argument i make, and the only one i make, which tardo amby fails to listen to and replies to with the same bull**** ive already answered pages ago IS.

from a dead still at idle. The car will have a better 60 foot with the sprint booster then without. Maybe its driver to driver, butthat is what I and OTHERS have experienced.

Additionally, my major reason for using it is the decreased stress i feel im putting on the transmission on a break boost to yield the same outcome.

Nothing more.

And yes i know it says it wont improve 60 foot times. But my hypothesis is based off this car, this transmission and that situation ONLY .
Old Apr 3, 2010, 11:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think when the names and insults come out, it's time to lock this thread.
Old Apr 3, 2010, 11:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by secondchace
no one claimed it was faster noob, so please go back to the fail forums and learn how to read and interpret

The argument i make, and the only one i make, which tardo amby fails to listen to and replies to with the same bull**** ive already answered pages ago IS.

from a dead still at idle. The car will have a better 60 foot with the sprint booster then without. Maybe its driver to driver, butthat is what I and OTHERS have experienced.

Additionally, my major reason for using it is the decreased stress i feel im putting on the transmission on a break boost to yield the same outcome.

Nothing more.

And yes i know it says it wont improve 60 foot times. But my hypothesis is based off this car, this transmission and that situation ONLY .
secondchance, there is no reason to get offensive. Normally I agree with your posts (not necessarily in what you're saying but how you're saying it) but if you keep this up, you're going to get banned, again (if you're who I think you are).
Listen to what you're saying. If the car has a better 60 ft time, it would have a faster 0-60 time and a faster 1/4 mile time, which the manufacturer itself says is not correct. Based on the graphs, the difference to achieve WOT is less than 0.1 of a second, which again, is not significant.
It doesn't make sense that this product would reduce the stress on the transmission either since it doesn't change the way the transmission shifts, or anything like that. It doesn't make the launches softer while at the same time faster as it basically can't.
Old Apr 4, 2010, 01:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Skym
Ooooh You'll make a good lawyer
I didnt even pay attention to that. It explains alot, he would make a good lawyer, lol