Notices

COBB Access Port Owner!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2010, 10:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
COBB Access Port Owner!

I'm about to buy the COBB AP... Just wonder if I can "tune" my car with that device if I decide to get a AMS Intake later? ... AMS tune is fine (and seems reliable) .. the only thing i cant live with it is shipping the ECU + not "reversible" if i need to visit the dealership for a recall or warranty issue ...

any one can help me?
Old Apr 3, 2010, 10:47 PM
Evolved Member

"YOU MUST USE THE FACTORY
INTAKE SYSTEM, NO AFTER MARKET INTAKES ARE CERTIFIED COMPATIBLE WITH THESE
CALIBRATIONS."

found this on their site ... nevermind ppl =)
Old Apr 6, 2010, 04:13 PM
Evolving Member

I didn't see that on their site. I read that it comes with preloaded maps so you can adjust it if you add an intake later. Stage 1+ is for intakes... I'm not sure if all the stages are included or what?
Old Apr 7, 2010, 03:05 AM
Evolving Member

The off-the-shelf maps are all available for download from the site. They only have Stage 1 (all stock) and Stage 2 maps (turbo back exhaust) with differing octane ratings and state that both require the stock intake system.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 03:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
if you have a tuner who knows how to work with the ap, then yes, you can use it for flashing back and forth from stock to a custom map done by the tuner based on your specific mods. as of right now, however, there are no specific maps released by cobb to accommodate an intake, so custom map is the only way to go, so you're paying a tuner fee anyway for the initial tune every time you upgrade/change mods. the convenience of the cobb unit comes once you've done the custom map tho, it is then saved and you can swap between that and stock as often as you like without continually having to go back to the tuner, as you would with any other map saved to the ap unit. just find shops in your area and call and ask them if they are able to work with the accessport, somebody is bound to know how
Old Apr 7, 2010, 08:11 AM
Evolved Member

Seems like if you need a custom tune you might as well just get a Tactrix cable for a whole lot cheaper so you can swap maps then.

-Taranis
Old Apr 7, 2010, 09:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
im sure cobb or somebody associated with the use of the ap will eventually release an intake compatible map. hell, online sharing is a great idea as well, considering the community we have here, look at what gst has already offered up for all of us. remember tho, a custom map for a certain intake will still only be brand specific to that intake and moreso to that car, so tweaks may still be necessary when sharing maps just to optimize your own personal car
Old Apr 8, 2010, 07:38 PM
Evolving Member

If someone wants to loan me an intake I can probably help them get started on making a map for one.