Notices

Custom Magnaflow exhaust question

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2010, 10:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Custom Magnaflow exhaust question

So there is a thread on clubralliart about setting up magnaflow muffler to stock piping, etc. All of it is axle back, my question is this, If I did get this setup, which would be just the muffler, would I need a tune? I was under the impression that since it is axle back and doesnt involve changing out cat or anything forward of it that I would be good. Please let me know as I plan on doing this tomorrow.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 09:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
absolutely no tune required. although tuning even a completely stock car is well worth it and will still net you some very nice gains
Old Apr 9, 2010, 10:06 AM
Account Disabled

this is a waste

spend the extra 100$ and have them make u the pipe as well.

Going cheap never works out.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 12:03 PM
Evolved Member

Not really going cheap...Installed muffler today, having custom midpipe made as we speak. Sounds really good now even without the midpipe on there.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 06:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What size are going with for custom midpipe? Are you going to using a resonator/round muffler? What size is the stock midpipe?
Old Apr 9, 2010, 07:40 PM
Evolved Member

Stock midpipe is 2.5, im almost sure of that. I am going with 3in all the way, with no resonator. Muffler is a maglaflow oval. I know some of the other guys that have done this have said the muffler did not sit right. I used a different muffler size on my RA and it sits perfect. I plan on making a thread with pics of the different steps from the muffler to midpipe without resonator.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 07:42 PM
Evolved Member

By the way, as far as sound goes, its excellent. Even with just the muffler on now it is a deep aggressive tone. On the highway its just a very very low exhaust not and when I open it up sounds more like racing exhaust. I am also going to put some vid clips of just muffler setup and then another with muffler and 3in midpipe.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 08:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SOG RA
So there is a thread on clubralliart about setting up magnaflow muffler to stock piping, etc. All of it is axle back, my question is this, If I did get this setup, which would be just the muffler, would I need a tune? I was under the impression that since it is axle back and doesnt involve changing out cat or anything forward of it that I would be good. Please let me know as I plan on doing this tomorrow.
I have one on my car that was custom made for me by RRE(check out my "signature") and I love it!!!
Old Apr 11, 2010, 10:41 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
By the way, as far as sound goes, its excellent. Even with just the muffler on now it is a deep aggressive tone. On the highway its just a very very low exhaust not and when I open it up sounds more like racing exhaust. I am also going to put some vid clips of just muffler setup and then another with muffler and 3in midpipe.
What magnaflow oval muffler did u use? Part number?
Old Apr 11, 2010, 08:46 PM
Evolved Member

Gibby,
Not sure at the moment, going back to shop tomorrow, I will find out for you and post on this thread. Personally, I like the setup I have because of the fact that it has 3in inlet, which can open things up more if you plan on going mid pipe as well. If you want to keep mid stock, then the rre setup would be the call. Pretty sure they use 2.5 setup all around. Check their thread
Old Apr 12, 2010, 04:30 AM
Evolved Member

Gibby,
Not sure at the moment, going back to shop tomorrow, I will find out for you and post on this thread. Personally, I like the setup I have because of the fact that it has 3in inlet, which can open things up more if you plan on going mid pipe as well. If you want to keep mid stock, then the rre setup would be the call. Pretty sure they use 2.5 setup all around. Check their thread
Nope, I have the RRE Magnaflow exhaust, and it's 3" diameter piping all the way around.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 05:10 PM
Evolved Member

just put on 3in midpipe today and wow, this thing sounds mean as hell. Really a nice deep aggressive tone. Very nice
Old Apr 13, 2010, 06:05 PM
Evolving Member

Sound clips?
Old Apr 13, 2010, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Karnage541
Sound clips?
If you go to Magnaflow's website, they have sound clips with their exhaust on an Evo, so that's pretty much the way it sounds with the Ralliart as well.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 07:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Slee256
If you go to Magnaflow's website, they have sound clips with their exhaust on an Evo, so that's pretty much the way it sounds with the Ralliart as well.
Thanks. Way to quiet for my taste to be honest.

Quick Reply: Custom Magnaflow exhaust question