Notices

what do think of these mods or should i trade for a Evo turbo?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2010, 07:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Chops
Yeah, i talked to Cam two days ago. he said that i have to to buy an AP, then wait til June to get in there. And he'll do the tuning and it should run me around $1200-1300 when it's said and done. This sounds like a pretty big rip off to me. Rotorglow, let me know how you make out with him. If he dicks you around, lets just make a convoy trip to those dudes in BC...ummmm Rally something blah blah
Or...you could learn to tune it yourself. Save money, and make your hobby more interesting.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 07:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 Rallihead: "and besides from where I'm from ppl who put them on pilliars are considered RICERS, like pretty much the rest of the world refer to them as being"

i hope your not serious by this... i dont think you know what a ricer is.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 08:43 PM

Account disabled? ARE YOU KIDDING!?!WHAT A JOKE.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 08:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Piper747
Or...you could learn to tune it yourself. Save money, and make your hobby more interesting.
More interesting cuz i'd have to replace all the parts that blow up from a n00b trying to tune??
Old Apr 24, 2010, 10:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 403evo
2010 Rallihead: "and besides from where I'm from ppl who put them on pilliars are considered RICERS, like pretty much the rest of the world refer to them as being"

i hope your not serious by this... i dont think you know what a ricer is.
I do know the meaning, its all bark and no bit, I didn't say I refer to them that way, I don't mind it, I just don't wanna be referred to being one @ meets... I hear it all the time from fellow car enthusiast to hate on other ppl... its all fun I guess, but personally I love the gauges right in front so u can just look up and down, it's more easy
Old Apr 25, 2010, 05:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Ladogaboy
That highway mileage seems extremely good. Downhill slope? Tailwind?

Granted, I'm still on stock tune with 235s, but the best I've managed is 28 mpg with a slight/moderate tailwind. A 3-6 mpg (21%) increase seems too good to be true.
i honestly didnt believe it at first either, especially since he told me he added fuel to the maps; i guess it's all about usage and volumetric efficiency. it was a 80(ish) mile trip, granted i was doing 55-60mph with cruise control on, but i got those numbers in both directions. not using the real-time reading either, i based that mileage off of gas used v. mileage traveled. left with a full tank, topped off at destination, topped off upon return.

often times, with a slight slope, real time was showing well over 50mpg for extended periods of time, but that data i just take with a grain of salt since i can floor it to 60 and then coast to a stop and get awesome mileage while i'm coasting...