Notices

what do think of these mods or should i trade for a Evo turbo?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2010, 02:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what do think of these mods or should i trade for a Evo turbo?

UPGRADES FOR THE RALLIART!

[X] HKS Super SQV BOV $250
[X] Full 3IN Exhaust - Dual output 2.5 Magnaflow $400
[X] AMS Intercooler/AMS Upperpipe $945.95
[ ] AMS Lower Pipe $339.95
[ ] AMS short ram Intake $349.95
[X] Smoked Tail with Reverse Lights left alone
[X] CP-E Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart Gauge Pod $178.50
[ ] AEM Oil Pressure Gauge $201.96
[ ] AEM TRU-BOOST Boost Controller / Boost Gauge $335.58
[ ] AEM’s Gauge Type UEGO Controller $199.80
[ ]
[ ] Accessport $595
[X] Tune $600
[X] Total cost of upgrades being $4395.74 before install.. No Problem

If I get an Evo Turbo or one with the same dimensions as it, would I be capable of to much power for the Tranny to not be able to use it, till I upgrade the Tranny?

Last edited by 2010 Rallihead; Apr 21, 2010 at 02:49 PM.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 02:50 PM
Evolving Member

I plan on upgrading the tranny first before any serious power mods are added. Just getting a Access port and a tune then plan on getting the tranny stuff squared away.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 02:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Credz
I plan on upgrading the tranny first before any serious power mods are added. Just getting a Access port and a tune then plan on getting the tranny stuff squared away.
but wouldn;t I have to waste another 600 on another tune if i do that. Since i'll have the intercooler/plumbing and intake installed after if i got just the accesport and tune
Old Apr 21, 2010, 02:59 PM
Evolved Member

cut out the accessport and the HKS
Old Apr 21, 2010, 02:59 PM
Evolved Member

i'd imagine an X Swap with AMS IC, UICP and Turboback Exhaust you'd see the most gains..
Old Apr 21, 2010, 03:26 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 2010 Rallihead
but wouldn;t I have to waste another 600 on another tune if i do that. Since i'll have the intercooler/plumbing and intake installed after if i got just the accesport and tune
Then save the custom tune till after everything is good to go. Im not set on getting the custom tune first but getting the Access Port first for some extra power is what I'm after so I can flash back to stock easily if something does go wrong with the tranny until I get it upgraded. Either way I want to take care of the tranny first before more power is added.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 03:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by laksman91
cut out the accessport and the HKS
why cut those out any way? the accessport is wheres its at, i already have the HKs installed
Old Apr 23, 2010, 02:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by credz
then save the custom tune till after everything is good to go. Im not set on getting the custom tune first but getting the access port first for some extra power is what i'm after so i can flash back to stock easily if something does go wrong with the tranny until i get it upgraded. Either way i want to take care of the tranny first before more power is added.
my check list isn't in order from how im gonna buy these things, its just a list, and of course the tune would be last , why would be in the beginning?
Old Apr 23, 2010, 06:27 PM
Evolved Member

secondchance said everything I wanted to say
Old Apr 23, 2010, 06:35 PM
Evolving Member

Yup, that will be about the extent of what I get.

I've talked with Cam at Lightspeed Innovations about getting my car tuned up. Hopefully that will happen fairly soon.

secondchase: What did you pay for him to tune your car?
Old Apr 23, 2010, 07:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by secondchace
the fact you got an hks ssqv first shows how little you know about modding.

Heres a path to follow if you want to make good power, and not over spend.

Cat back ex haust
High flow filter
Intercooler + piping (either evox oem or aftermarket)
test pipe
tune

done. All the other **** is pointless.

If you want gauges do it properly and put them on the steering wheel column. The airbag is in the a piller for a reason.

Also investing a a tru boost is pointless at anypoint outside of a major turbo upgrade. Its overly expensive, youll need to drill a hole if you plan to have it and the UEGO installed, and it wont function any better thena 150$ defi gauge.

Also there is very little point to the Accessport if you plan on a custom tune. The accessport would only be good for data logging. that can be done with a laptop and 200$ cable. save your money.

only thing you forgot is a boost pill...
Old Apr 24, 2010, 12:44 AM
Evolving Member

the fact you got an hks ssqv first shows how little you know about modding.

Heres a path to follow if you want to make good power, and not over spend.

Cat back ex haust
High flow filter
Intercooler + piping (either evox oem or aftermarket)
test pipe
tune

done. All the other **** is pointless.

If you want gauges do it properly and put them on the steering wheel column. The airbag is in the a piller for a reason.

Also investing a a tru boost is pointless at anypoint outside of a major turbo upgrade. Its overly expensive, youll need to drill a hole if you plan to have it and the UEGO installed, and it wont function any better thena 150$ defi gauge.

Also there is very little point to the Accessport if you plan on a custom tune. The accessport would only be good for data logging. that can be done with a laptop and 200$ cable. save your money.

First off on your whole Exhaust setup that you gave me, I did better I have a Full 3", not some waste of money bogus cat back, so the test pipe you refered to would also be out of the question. Also your comment on me getting a Access left me with the WTF? true im using it for data logging, but also so i can not only keep mutiple maps but to also use the features that come with it which I dont need to explain since you can go read about them "If you want gauges do it properly and put them on the steering wheel column. The airbag is in the a piller for a reason.". I dont understand how i gave you the impression that I was gonna mount them on the pillar anyway, since the AMS gauge pod is only available to be installed on the top of the speedometer... and besides from where I'm from ppl who put them on pilliars are considered RICERS, like pretty much the rest of the world refer to them as being and...."Also investing a a tru boost is pointless at anypoint outside of a major turbo upgrade. Its overly expensive, youll need to drill a hole if you plan to have it and the UEGO installed, and it wont function any better thena 150$ defi gauge." uhh guess I didn't mention that I'm receiving an Evo turbo with the package... other than that the only thing that you seemed to get right, and that we also have in common is the tune and FMIC with including Piping, so all in all nuthin you said was helpful and the hks ssqvIII was just out of preference
Old Apr 24, 2010, 12:45 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 03chi-town0Z
only thing you forgot is a boost pill...
that would be included
Old Apr 24, 2010, 02:42 AM
Evolving Member

The guy i'm going to in Red Deer said that I have to buy an Access Port from him and thats what he uses to do the tuning on the car, and that i keep it afterwards. I thought that's what all the tuners do?
Old Apr 24, 2010, 07:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Chops
The guy i'm going to in Red Deer said that I have to buy an Access Port from him and thats what he uses to do the tuning on the car, and that i keep it afterwards. I thought that's what all the tuners do?
Ummmm, that would be a very BIG NEGATIVE!! The guy who dyno-tuned my car used his own Tactrix cable and the free OpenEcu Ecu Flash software that everyone's been using to download the free GST basemap. He's just trying to selling you something you don't necessarily need. I would look elsewhere.....

Quick Reply: what do think of these mods or should i trade for a Evo turbo?