Notices

Few questions on mods for 2010 ralliart

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2010, 12:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Few questions on mods for 2010 ralliart

i just bought a new 2010 ralliart 3 weeks ago and have a few questions on some mods for my car. 1st i'm looking into a exhaust for it and have decided to wait for the ams cat back system instead of getting the ur system since its not too loud but not to quite for my liking. I bought a k&n drop in filter for it and installed now. My question is I was going to buy the cold air intake from injen for it, but after researching the forum about this it looks like i would have to have the car tuned once its installed so i don't have any issues with the car. I don't know of anybody in Salt Lake City Utah area that does this sort of thing for cars. I have had my motorcycles tuned here but not sure of any car tuners that have a reputable name in my area. I don't really plan on trying to build my ra into a high performance race machine, but would like a little more from the car than what i get from it being stock. I looked into the cobb access port but don't know how user friendly it is and knowing my luck with stuff like that i would probably blow my motor to the moon cause of a wrong setting. I have to clue as to what a/f/r i should run for the altitude for salt lake city or any of the other variables that u have to use for motor tuning. Can someone please help with this question. Also was looking into getting a bov after reading that the stock plastic valve starts to leak over time any recommendations on a new one since i have not found any so far that say will fit the 10 ralliart, most that i have seen are for the mr or evo x, so any help with this question as well would be helpful too.
Old May 22, 2010, 06:19 AM
Evolved Member

how about some spacing in your post / questions ?

Last edited by joedr; May 22, 2010 at 06:49 AM. Reason: Edited by joedr. No name calling.
Old May 22, 2010, 06:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The stock BOV for the Ralliart is the same size and shape as the EVO X BOV, so any aftermarket unit for the EVO X will fit. As for the tuning, the target A/F ratio is the same as at sea level, but the tune required to get you there in the ECU will be different... so unless you can get a custom high altitude map from Cobb I would stick with the open source tuning options for the ECU (ECU flash with a tactrix cable.).

You may have better luck finding a tuner in your area in the regional forums sub-section, if they can tune and EVO X they can probably tune a Ralliart.

Good luck,

Keith
Old May 22, 2010, 11:16 AM
Evolved Member

The new AMS dual tip CB is gonna be a really nice exhaust. Seems like it won't be as loud as the UR(too loud for me) but a bit louder and more aggressive sounding then stock. I'm gonna get one too.

Originally Posted by Fourdoor
You may have better luck finding a tuner in your area in the regional forums sub-section, if they can tune and EVO X they can probably tune a Ralliart.

Good luck,

Keith
+1 Go into your regional section on the forums and search through there or post about what Evo guys have been tuned in SLC and which ones are the most reputable. I guarantee that quite a few Evo's have been tuned in SLC since it is a huge city. GL OP
Old May 22, 2010, 03:58 PM

I'm also wondering if I would need tuning, if I get the Ultimate Racing turbo back exhaust system? or if its ok with my current mods... my mods are listed on my sig.
Old May 22, 2010, 06:32 PM

thanks for the info guys
Old May 23, 2010, 04:25 PM

The general consensus is that a tune after any exhaust/intake mods is a good idea to get the best results from your mods.
Old May 23, 2010, 05:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by vincentchua
The general consensus is that a tune after any exhaust/intake mods is a good idea to get the best results from your mods.
It is a GOOD IDEA get a tune after any mods are installed to get the most power out of them but it is MANDATORY to get a tune after installing any intake!