Notices

Is there a quiet, high flow aftermarket exhaust for Raliart?

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2010, 02:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is there a quiet, high flow aftermarket exhaust for Raliart?

I'm looking for a quiet, high flow (or higher than stock) exhaust for 2009 Ralliart. I just tried the UR full turbo back, with optional resonator and muffler in mid pipe, and had to remove it. It was painfully loud, and the drone at cruising speeds, especially under acceleration, was too much to bear. I kept the down pipe and steel high flow cat on the vehicle, with the OEM cat back set up. Its quiet, but it seems to lack the top end it had with the full UR.

So, anybody have a cat back that is quiet, at least quiet in the cabin? It will be matched up with a 3" downpipe and 3" high flow steel cat, and in a few weeks an Evo X turbo is going in. I am not adverse to putting in a 2-1/2" cat back system to keep the drone down.
Old May 25, 2010, 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by jsurfdog
I'm looking for a quiet, high flow (or higher than stock) exhaust for 2009 Ralliart. I just tried the UR full turbo back, with optional resonator and muffler in mid pipe, and had to remove it. It was painfully loud, and the drone at cruising speeds, especially under acceleration, was too much to bear. I kept the down pipe and steel high flow cat on the vehicle, with the OEM cat back set up. Its quiet, but it seems to lack the top end it had with the full UR.

So, anybody have a cat back that is quiet, at least quiet in the cabin? It will be matched up with a 3" downpipe and 3" high flow steel cat, and in a few weeks an Evo X turbo is going in. I am not adverse to putting in a 2-1/2" cat back system to keep the drone down.
Mate, I'm in Perth & have a ralliart that was tuned by RPW & running a full turbo back exhaust, it is the wifes daily driver & the sound does not bother her, louder than stock but not too annoying. I'll pm you on the club cj forum.

Last edited by rdredralliart; May 25, 2010 at 03:53 AM.
Old May 25, 2010, 04:06 AM
Evolving Member

Get the turbo back exhaust and put a couple small resonators in the exhaust line. The resonators will make your exhaust more quiet without sacrificing power.
Old May 26, 2010, 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by Splatzjackson
Get the turbo back exhaust and put a couple small resonators in the exhaust line. The resonators will make your exhaust more quiet without sacrificing power.
I had a resonator and an additional muffler in the mid pipe, plus the two mufflers that come with the UR system. There wan't any more room to put additional resonators or mufflers.
Old May 26, 2010, 04:44 AM

I have a full turbo-back UR with a 23-25 inches of resonator just before it's split and quiet tips at the exit and when i'm cruising you don't feel it louder than stock but when you press hard on it you hear it scream
Old May 26, 2010, 10:15 AM
Evolving Member

The AMS dual exhaust isnt that much louder than stock. It gives a good deep rumble outside but very quiet inside. Thats what im getting once it comes out.
Old May 29, 2010, 05:21 AM
Evolving Member

Do you want to sell your UR resonator and muffler?
Old May 30, 2010, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by Splatzjackson
Do you want to sell your UR resonator and muffler?
yes, but I live in Australia.
Old May 30, 2010, 07:17 AM

Don't you like the Borla?