Notices

Ultimate Racing or Buschur Cat Back?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2010, 06:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ultimate Racing or Buschur Cat Back?

Im eyeballing both of these for my 09 RA, but want an opinion from any one who has one or the other. Im leaning towards the Buschur right now. They both sound similar and look good. Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks
Old Jun 2, 2010, 07:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jscout21
Im eyeballing both of these for my 09 RA, but want an opinion from any one who has one or the other. Im leaning towards the Buschur right now. They both sound similar and look good. Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks
They're both very loud in my opinion and I've heard several other people on this website say the same thing. However, if volume doesn't matter to you then I guess you'll have to go with the one that has the best tone/sound.
Old Jun 2, 2010, 08:03 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think that we need a thread for this...do we already have one?
Old Jun 2, 2010, 09:06 PM

ultimate racing

i would go with the ultimate racing... i have the one with the resonator.. its pretty expensive but the sound is awesome especially at high rpm's
Old Jun 2, 2010, 09:09 PM
Account Disabled

golly, imagine that. a high flow limited restriction exhaust on a turbo inducted car is loud.

Who'dah thunk.
Old Jun 2, 2010, 09:40 PM
Evolved Member

the two loudest exhaust systems for the RA
Old Jun 3, 2010, 05:02 AM

UR axle back exhaust

I just put the UR axle back muffler on my 2010 RA. Honestly, its construction is outstanding! Its almost artwork, but for me its a bit too loud. I have about 100 miles on it and will be putting it up for sale as soon as I can post to that section. I dont think Im going to take a chance on another aftermarket exhaust, just really hate that extra noise on roadtrips but for you younger guys it might be the hot ticket...
Old Jun 3, 2010, 06:56 AM

I would be one of those younger guys that enjoy the loudness. I have the UR turbo back with resonator and I love it. As many have already said the construction i amazing. Also the shipping was very quick. I'm just jealous now because they have the burnt tips
Old Jun 3, 2010, 09:42 AM
Evolving Member

I have the Buschur catback on my car and I have to say YES its loud but I love it. It makes the car sound soooo mean lol. I might be having a family soon so if you choose the Buschur exhaust I can sell it to you for cheap. Its only been on the car of 1500 miles.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 03:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SPSERG
I just put the UR axle back muffler on my 2010 RA. Honestly, its construction is outstanding! Its almost artwork, but for me its a bit too loud. I have about 100 miles on it and will be putting it up for sale as soon as I can post to that section. I dont think Im going to take a chance on another aftermarket exhaust, just really hate that extra noise on roadtrips but for you younger guys it might be the hot ticket...
If all you want is an axle back muffler, the HKS exhaust is quiet based on the sound clips I've heard.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 09:49 PM

Great Feed back guys. I love the aggressive sound of both systems. Thanks again and it will really make my decision a tough one.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 11:02 AM
Evolving Member

just ordered a buschur racing catback will have vid up once i get it installed
Old Jun 9, 2010, 11:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Karnage541
I have the Buschur catback on my car and I have to say YES its loud but I love it. It makes the car sound soooo mean lol. I might be having a family soon so if you choose the Buschur exhaust I can sell it to you for cheap. Its only been on the car of 1500 miles.
Are you going back to stock exhaust, or a quieter aftermarket system? I currently have the single exit AMS and am looking to switch over to a dual exit exhaust... if you are thinking about that system (aggressive, but mellow) perhaps we could work up a trade?

Keith
Old Jun 10, 2010, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Karnage541

send me a price quote via pm!!!!
Old Jun 10, 2010, 05:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Fourdoor
Are you going back to stock exhaust, or a quieter aftermarket system? I currently have the single exit AMS and am looking to switch over to a dual exit exhaust... if you are thinking about that system (aggressive, but mellow) perhaps we could work up a trade?

Keith
Im actually waiting for the ams dual exit exhaust myself. After having such a loud exhaust I dont think I can go back to stock lol. Plus the loss in power would suck
Originally Posted by kamijitsu
send me a price quote via pm!!!!
Will do

Quick Reply: Ultimate Racing or Buschur Cat Back?