Notices

Project Tarmac Black

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2010, 05:00 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No offense taken whatsoever

- Bryan

Last edited by GST Motorsports; Sep 3, 2010 at 07:19 PM.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 05:07 PM
Evolving Member

Ok good! I will start a thread and i will update stuff as its posted.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 07:20 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by >Cataclysm<
Here, I will start it with what I have and then people having issues can reply...

- Bryan
Old Sep 3, 2010, 07:32 PM
Account Disabled

Ok here you go:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09...sses-info.html

- bryan
Old Sep 7, 2010, 11:44 AM
Evolving Member

Update:

So the huge space saving stock intake box is coming out, intake going in! I can not find any leaks in the stock intake system (took it apart and reinstalled) so I am still unsure of logging the correct IAT.

188F IAT is just redonkulous. Is there any issues with IAT that high if it really is at that temp?

I have called a couple places today for quotes on relocating the battery to the trunk. I just do not have the time to relocate it myself. I am hoping the price will be close to the AMS small battery kit. Illinois winters are crazy and I do not want any issues starting if temps are close to 0.

Once I relocate the battery I can install a AEM cold box? I know Bryan @ GST has the AEM intake but did not install the box. Will I need more than just the AEM intake? Like a MAF for the Evo X?

If anyone has any thoughts or if Bryan can chime in, I would appreciate it!

Thanks!

Last edited by >Cataclysm<; Sep 7, 2010 at 11:46 AM.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 11:56 AM
Account Disabled

Update:

So the huge space saving stock intake box is coming out, intake going in! I can not find any leaks in the stock intake system (took it apart and reinstalled) so I am still unsure of logging the correct IAT.

188F IAT is just redonkulous. Is there any issues with IAT that high if it really is at that temp?

I have called a couple places today for quotes on relocating the battery to the trunk. I just do not have the time to relocate it myself. I am hoping the price will be close to the AMS small battery kit. Illinois winters are crazy and I do not want any issues starting if temps are close to 0.

Once I relocate the battery I can install a AEM cold box? I know Bryan @ GST has the AEM intake but did not install the box. Will I need more than just the AEM intake? Like a MAF for the Evo X?

If anyone has any thoughts or if Bryan can chime in, I would appreciate it!

Thanks!
188F is for sure wrong. A couple weeks ago it was around 98F here and I was logging approx 115-120F intake temps with my open filter while at 65mph, which is a bit nutzo to begin with but not surprising with a open filter with no shielding.

The AEM intake box will work if you move the battery. Currently I have a mini battery laid down flat where the OEM was and the box just barely doesn't fit.

I will be moving the mini battery to the side or by the ECU here shortly and the AEM box will then fit.

The AEM intake comes with a full intake system, meaning MAF housing, induction tube, filter, and box.

I'm not sure how well it will fit to the stock turbo. You will at the very least need a reducer to connect the aem induction tube to the turbo.

- Bryan
Old Sep 7, 2010, 12:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
188F is for sure wrong. A couple weeks ago it was around 98F here and I was logging approx 115-120F intake temps with my open filter while at 65mph, which is a bit nutzo to begin with but not surprising with a open filter with no shielding.

The AEM intake box will work if you move the battery. Currently I have a mini battery laid down flat where the OEM was and the box just barely doesn't fit.

I will be moving the mini battery to the side or by the ECU here shortly and the AEM box will then fit.

The AEM intake comes with a full intake system, meaning MAF housing, induction tube, filter, and box.

I'm not sure how well it will fit to the stock turbo. You will at the very least need a reducer to connect the aem induction tube to the turbo.

- Bryan
Thanks for the quick response Bryan!

Do you know what size reducer I would need? I am going to assume the induction tube is 2.5in and in order to connect the stock turbo it would have to reduce to 2in?

This makes me want a bigger turbo!!!

Also I think the DV needs to be relocated as well? I see in the pics of the Evo X that the DV is right on top of the inlet pipe instead of on the side of the snorkel like the RA. I will also need an X snorkel too.

Last edited by >Cataclysm<; Sep 7, 2010 at 12:46 PM.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 02:33 PM
Evolving Member

So, I had my appointment yesterday at Boomba Racing. I did not have time last night to upload a video on the dyno nor post a dyno chart. I will have time after work tonight to post everything.

I will completly edit my first post with everything I have but for know I thought you guys would like to know what she threw down.

264whp 294wtq.

Mods are: ams intake, testpipe and catback.
UR uicp and licp
EvoX fmic and metal bov

It looks like I lost some ponies by not throwing in a Dp but I felt for 4 hours of labor for 2-7hp is expensive for that little gain. I will swap the Dp next year when and if I throw in a bigger turbo.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 04:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very nice! I'm debating on the Evo X bov. Did you drive it after installing it before your tune?
Can't wait to see pics and stuff.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 06:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
the x valve, especially if "crushed", has been shown to hold higher boost levels much better than the stock bpv. it's also a touch more "vocal" for those into the whoosh noise
Old Sep 15, 2010, 06:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm aware of it's superiority under higher boost situations. I was just wondering if this mod is precautionary or if there was a noticeable difference, and in what respect, while still using the stock turbo.

You guys both demonstrate Boomba's great tuning. Nice job on the numbers!

Last edited by Piper747; Sep 15, 2010 at 07:02 PM.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 07:50 PM
Evolving Member

>Cataclysm< How did you get your UR upper i/c pipe to fit with the radiator shroud/cover?
Old Sep 15, 2010, 08:06 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Rocky_RA
>Cataclysm< How did you get your UR upper i/c pipe to fit with the radiator shroud/cover?
Ya I didn't, i thought it was seated correctly but if i pushed on it, it would pop off where it sits closest to the bumper. I even had Strictly Modified try and fix it. They got it to sit better but its still not perfect. There is a part of the plastic that hits where the bend is that doesn't allow it to sit flush. I am probably going to shave it down and see if that does the trick. If not I am going to pick up the ams uicp. And i am going to call UR tomorrow.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 08:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Piper747
I'm aware of it's superiority under higher boost situations. I was just wondering if this mod is precautionary or if there was a noticeable difference, and in what respect, while still using the stock turbo.

You guys both demonstrate Boomba's great tuning. Nice job on the numbers!
I went with the X bov as a precaution. I did drive with it on before getting custom tuned at boomba. while running gsts base map and had no issues what so ever.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 08:19 PM
Evolving Member

>Cataclysm< Thanks and keep me posted on that if you can please. I am about to order mine but I dont want to get rid of my cover.

Quick Reply: Project Tarmac Black