Notices

evo x dual exhaust on ralliart?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2010, 08:28 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Our Evo X single tip doesn't even come close to fitting on a Ralliart. I couldn't imagine ANY X exhaust fitting a Ralliart.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 11:12 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I swear there was a thread from way back where someone tried to put a X exhaust on his RA and he posted pictures of why the muffler's don't fit.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 12:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Magnus82
I swear there was a thread from way back where someone tried to put a X exhaust on his RA and he posted pictures of why the muffler's don't fit.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09...confirmed.html
Old Sep 20, 2010, 02:20 PM
Evolving Member

I have the Evo X UR Cat back exhaust on my RA. It kind of fits but I had to mod the part of the pipe that connects to the cat. It is way easier to just get the correct exhaust for your car. The only reason I did mine was because I got my exhaust for next to nothing.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 04:56 PM

Hey just reading through this thread and quite alot of people have there facts squeaued! I have installed and run two seperate turbo back exhaust on my Ralliart and they both fit. Granted it was a slightly tight fit around the rear axle area but they fit. The first exhaust was ETS dual exhaust (way to loud so sold it and bought second exhaust) Second exhaust is Tsudo turbo back exhaust. Which I love by the way perfect amount of growl but doesn't really drone on the highway like the ETS. The only problem with that is Tsudo made the mid pipe about an inch too short so the exhaust tips are about an inch shy of fitting perfect.

In the end its up too you but with my experience "most" Evo X parts fit our car short of the suspension and braking systems!
Old Sep 21, 2010, 08:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Daitonsralliart
Hey just reading through this thread and quite alot of people have there facts squeaued! I have installed and run two seperate turbo back exhaust on my Ralliart and they both fit. Granted it was a slightly tight fit around the rear axle area but they fit. The first exhaust was ETS dual exhaust (way to loud so sold it and bought second exhaust) Second exhaust is Tsudo turbo back exhaust. Which I love by the way perfect amount of growl but doesn't really drone on the highway like the ETS. The only problem with that is Tsudo made the mid pipe about an inch too short so the exhaust tips are about an inch shy of fitting perfect.

In the end its up too you but with my experience "most" Evo X parts fit our car short of the suspension and braking systems!
I think the only reason that you got your exhaust to work at all is because you did a full TURBO BACK exhaust rather than a cat-back or rear axle-back system. Plenty of evidence has already been clearly presented in this thread that a rear axle-back exhaust for an Evo X will not directly bolt up to a Ralliart midpipe without significant custom modifications first being done. I can't speak for the fitment of any of the aftermarket cat-back or turbo-back exhaust systems out there, but from my own personal experience I can tell you in NO uncertain terms that an Evo X rear axle-back exhaust/muffler will NOT fit on the Ralliart period, end of story!
Old Sep 22, 2010, 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by Slee256
I think the only reason that you got your exhaust to work at all is because you did a full TURBO BACK exhaust rather than a cat-back or rear axle-back system. Plenty of evidence has already been clearly presented in this thread that a rear axle-back exhaust for an Evo X will not directly bolt up to a Ralliart midpipe without significant custom modifications first being done. I can't speak for the fitment of any of the aftermarket cat-back or turbo-back exhaust systems out there, but from my own personal experience I can tell you in NO uncertain terms that an Evo X rear axle-back exhaust/muffler will NOT fit on the Ralliart period, end of story!
Well he never specidfied how far back he was going, the title simply states evo x dual exhaust on ralliart! I figure if your gonna do an exhaust mid as well do it right and complete.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 02:55 PM
Evolved Member

Can we clarify, cuz so far I've heard what... 4 or 5 different "FOR A FACT" statements, all refuting each other.
Here is my question, as I could care less about the axle-back section (talk about wasting money on looks w/o performance):
If I want to get a full TBE, which 90% of are only available for the X, will it bolt up (i.e. will it connect to the hangers) w/o banging on everything else down there? I understand the mid pipe will not connect to the stock down pipe/test pipe; but what if the entire thing is replaced (TBE)?
Thanks in advance, and please no speculating if at all possible (I know, dream big right!)
Old Nov 10, 2010, 03:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by sstevojr:

I could care less about the axle-back section (talk about wasting money on looks w/o performance):
So, basically what you're saying here is that any mods done strictly to improve a car's looks is a waste of money? That's simply a ridiculous statement....

Last edited by Slee256; Nov 10, 2010 at 04:06 PM.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 04:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Magnus82

yes there is a post like... but i think you just dont remember what it states... the member used a greddy muffler from a evox and custom fitted to fit a ralliart!

anything can be done if you are gonna custom make it fit...

to end this thread.... once and for all

EVOX test pipe - FITS
EVOX catback exhaust - DO NOT NO FIT... end of story

Good Day to all
evil
Old Nov 10, 2010, 04:35 PM
Evolved Member

and yet that still doesn't answer my question
I asked about TBE, not cat-back, two decided different things
Old Nov 10, 2010, 08:54 PM
Evolving Member

A turbo-back exhaust includes the cat-back portion of the exhaust...
Old Nov 11, 2010, 01:44 PM
Evolved Member

really, i never would have guessed...
anyways, someone with a mind capable of mediocre thought processes, and/or someone who has done/tried this:
IF I REPLACE THE ENTIRE EXHAUST WITH A EVO X EXHAUST WILL IT FIT??
I'm not asking about axel-back or cat-back, but the TURBO BACK. Will the hangers sit correctly and will it pass on the correct side of the rear subframe/axle? I cant see how I can make this question any simpler (what is it about EvoM vs NASIOC, must be some sort of vast age disparity)
Old Nov 11, 2010, 01:45 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by sstevojr
really, i never would have guessed...
anyways, someone with a mind capable of mediocre thought processes, and/or someone who has done/tried this:
IF I REPLACE THE ENTIRE EXHAUST WITH A EVO X EXHAUST WILL IT FIT??
I'm not asking about axel-back or cat-back, but the TURBO BACK. Will the hangers sit correctly and will it pass on the correct side of the rear subframe/axle? I cant see how I can make this question any simpler (what is it about EvoM vs NASIOC, must be some sort of vast age disparity)
It 100% depends on the routing of the mid pipe from the muffler to under the diff....

That is a correct answer to your question.

btw, insulting the people you are asking to answer questions usually doesn't help your cause...

- Bryan
Old Nov 11, 2010, 02:07 PM
Evolved Member

Ya I know it doesnt help...
But it gets so frustrating seeing a dozen threads a day where someone asks a simple question and gets 10 retarded answers back. I cant be the only one who gets annoyed with this...
Anywho, thanks for giving me a simple answer answer back, appreciate it.

Quick Reply: evo x dual exhaust on ralliart?