UR Exhaust defeat drone?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2010, 08:35 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Get the tips extended a bit.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 09:34 PM

Yeah like Rob said get the exhuast tips to stick outside the rear bar and you will notice a big diffrence.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by MichaelRalliart
I have an Ultimate Racing catback exhaust and it rattles like crazy right below the shifter and i looked under the car and the midpipe is like hugging the side of the car next to the heatshield, how would i fix that, it is unbearably annoying, and the exhaust is mounted in the right spot.
I had the same problem its that's you installed the straight pipe wrong just turn it around and nothing should be touching after that. hope that helps
Old Nov 25, 2010, 09:51 PM
Evolving Member

maybe try some silencers? ive got some in mine and it seems to help a good bit on idle and steady driving. my daughter sits in the back and i know shed complain if it were too loud haha. i dont hear the roar til i get on it.
Old Dec 3, 2010, 01:06 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Slee256
I agree. I had good results with the Vibrant Ultra Quiet Resonator myself. Weld it into the midpipe as close to the Cat as possible.
That's funny I came across this. I've had all the parts sitting at home to do this but didn't think it would work. I have the resonated mid-pipe now and a spare plain mid-pipe I was going to have the Vibrant mini-muffler (ultra quiet resonator) welded in place and give it a go. Exactly how close to the cat did you put the Vibrant? Were there any issues with clearance?
Old Dec 4, 2010, 09:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by akj237
That's funny I came across this. I've had all the parts sitting at home to do this but didn't think it would work. I have the resonated mid-pipe now and a spare plain mid-pipe I was going to have the Vibrant mini-muffler (ultra quiet resonator) welded in place and give it a go. Exactly how close to the cat did you put the Vibrant? Were there any issues with clearance?
So as to avoid any confusion, I actually installed the Vibrant Ultra Quiet Resonator on my previous car which was a turboed Scion TC that had a Skunk 2 full turbo back exhaust on it, but it definitely made a noticeable difference in the droning as well as the overall noise level. I think the Skunk 2 exhaust had a resonated midpipe, but I don't remember for sure anymore. If you are going to install the Vibrant resonator on the Ralliart, I would suggest welding it in as close to the Cat as possible so that way you'll get the best results in reducing the droning and noise output.