Notices

lets talk rrm

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2010, 02:37 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lets talk rrm

As many on you know i have a turbo gts running a evo x setup. I'm using ecuflash for tuning and im running into issues getting my afr's where i want them. Anyways i recently broke my openport 2.0 and instead of getting a new one i was going to try to run a diffrent tuner. Well after considering my options i decided to contact rrm. They told my No other turbo setup will work on our cars but THEIRS. They claim that they have only mastered the car and it took two years. Well I'm no dummy so i contacted rrm again and asked to buy just the ftc1 controller they sell. Well the saleperson asked if i was n/a or turbo. When i mentioned turbo he quickly let me know they dont sell it by itself and only with theri over priced kit. Well not letting that bug me i contacted split second for them to sell me the box direct. I didnt want rrm's tune since my setup is diffrent just the box for me to use to do my own tune. no sooner did i explain rrm refused to sell split seconds product the saleperson from rrm contacted split second to make sure they didnt sell me any form of the box rrm uses. Now explan to me how only rrm's turbo can work on our cars? And why would rrm go out of their way to make sure i did not acquire the ftc1 box? Well i can tell you that two things are for sure rrm is a bs company that give two craps about customers or customer service and the second any turbo setup can work they just dont want the general public to find any other sources besides theirs.

i dont know about the rest of you but i am refusing to purchase any and all items from rrm from here out. and will diplay this same post on every mitsubishi forums until i am happy and content.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 03:16 PM
Account Disabled

From what im reading, at this time, their turbo is the only one that works on the car. Yours isnt, obviously as you've stated, if it was you wouldnt be looking for a new controller.

Its a tough economy so it doesn't suprise me that RRM is trying to force you through their company when it comes to purchasing the unit. They did afterall spend all that time and money on r&d for the kit.

If you were a smart tuner ( by this i mean person who has a tuner style car, and not a tuner as in tunes ecus) you would take it to AN ACTUAL PROFESSIONAL who is well versed with Ecuflash and have them tune the car properly. That way you avoid a silly piggy back, and will have alot better results then doing it yourself.

I think posting this everywhere like a jerk is only going to yield negative feedback towards you and not RRM. Reason behind that outside of the type of paragraph you wrote is the ignorance in being angry at a company when in reality its you and your requirement to tune it yourself that is keeping it from being done.

Last edited by Westbound&down; Nov 10, 2010 at 03:20 PM.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 05:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Ummm... Road Race Motorsports specializes in the non turbo Lancers. I _think_ from reading your post that you have converted to an EVO X Turbo setup then you would want nothing to do with a NT to Turbo Lancer turbo kit. Their piggyback controller is setup just for their lower boost kit. You would need something more robust like a custom tune using ECU FLash. Look local for a custom dyno tune.

Fix your 2.0 cable and get cracking with it. You kicked it? I put a piece of paper towell roll on mine to protect where the cable hangs down out of it. I kicked my mini USB connector out in the first 20 minutes when I got it :-P

Road Race Engineering is the EVO/09+ RalliArt/Turbo Eclipse shop.

Mike W
Old Nov 10, 2010, 06:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike W
Ummm... Road Race Motorsports specializes in the non turbo Lancers. I _think_ from reading your post that you have converted to an EVO X Turbo setup then you would want nothing to do with a NT to Turbo Lancer turbo kit. Their piggyback controller is setup just for their lower boost kit. You would need something more robust like a custom tune using ECU FLash. Look local for a custom dyno tune.

Fix your 2.0 cable and get cracking with it. You kicked it? I put a piece of paper towell roll on mine to protect where the cable hangs down out of it. I kicked my mini USB connector out in the first 20 minutes when I got it :-P

Road Race Engineering is the EVO/09+ RalliArt/Turbo Eclipse shop.

Mike W
Road Race Motorsports is a good company as far as I'm concerned. They custom made the Magnaflow exhaust for my Ralliart, and I've been very happy with their product and service.
Old Nov 11, 2010, 08:48 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Lets talk RRM. Sorry you needed our engine management. We spent a lot to have Spilt make it for us so we do not even need to block you with them. IT is special for Lancer and we paid to develop it for our kit. Sorry you are so frustrated with your setup. Thanks

ROAD/RACE
Old Nov 11, 2010, 10:36 AM
Former Sponsor

Hello,

I was the sale person that you talked to yesterday, as i told you numerous times our management will not work with your setup, even if i sold it you would most likely start a thread saying how it doesn't work and RRM has no idea how to turbo a lancer. Furthermore the management is built for us and there for split doesn't sell it separate.
Also as u stated on the phone you have more money in your kit that doesn't work than we sell our complete kit for, a fact that you failed to mention in this thread. If that is true you should be able to sell all your parts and purchase one of our turbo kits, if you would like to do so or have any further questions please feel free to call 1-562-906-0080.
Old Nov 11, 2010, 11:06 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by brian@rrm
hello,

i was the sale person that you talked to yesterday, as i told you numerous times our management will not work with your setup, even if i sold it you would most likely start a thread saying how it doesn't work and rrm has no idea how to turbo a lancer. Furthermore the management is built for us and there for split doesn't sell it separate.
Also as u stated on the phone you have more money in your kit that doesn't work than we sell our complete kit for, a fact that you failed to mention in this thread. If that is true you should be able to sell all your parts and purchase one of our turbo kits, if you would like to do so or have any further questions please feel free to call 1-562-906-0080.

pwndddddddd
Old Nov 11, 2010, 11:32 AM
Evolved Member

I have a feeling this thing is going to go down hill very fast.
Old Nov 11, 2010, 01:22 PM
Evolving Member

I read the original post last night and wanted throw my thoughts on the matter out there, but couldn't decide if I even wanted to justify the thread by replying to it. Now that RRM has properly defended their position in the matter, I will, for the first time ever, say....

pwnd

Hats off to RRM, I thought you handled this post very professionally.
Old Nov 11, 2010, 01:27 PM
Evolving Member

rrm

actually i didnt want your tune. Just the actual ftc1 box. no worries though. not sure how the box itself would not work on all lancers? its a piggy back. Further more i purchased my enitire setup including having gauges installed and a boost leak check for 3217.36 I could show reciepts and pictures of the build.

And to be on topic the thread was not about money. it was simply about the fact that you are a greedy company that makes crazy claims with no proof to back anything up. FYI i am certainly not the only person on the several forums i go to that think the samething. Evo x and ralliart setups have been in proper use for a long time on this gen lancer. People are using ecu flash just fine for tuning without issues. My openport broke so i was looking at other options. i just found it odd the whole way things went down and thankfully found out just how your company is run before i made the mistake of purchasing from you. And further more quite funny how you never mentioned the fact that you made damn sure you called split second to make sure nothing was sold to me huh? Your company has a agreement with split second to not sell the box to outside parties unless threw you. The box was not made for you the tune was. There are several companys selling the same box for diffrent cars with the same agreement. Please dont act like your company invented the box because that is far from the truth. If your kit was that great everybody would own one instead of the 12 people nation wide. Also numerous equals two but you must be the same guy that said evo x and ralliart manifold would not work on a n/a lancer funny how that worked out huh. You might want to consider ready the post on 9g lancers you have alot of friends over there too.
great business and keep up the good work!!!!

Just my .02
Old Nov 11, 2010, 03:44 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by dadsgts
actually i didnt want your tune. Just the actual ftc1 box. no worries though. not sure how the box itself would not work on all lancers? its a piggy back. Further more i purchased my enitire setup including having gauges installed and a boost leak check for 3217.36 I could show reciepts and pictures of the build.

And to be on topic the thread was not about money. it was simply about the fact that you are a greedy company that makes crazy claims with no proof to back anything up. FYI i am certainly not the only person on the several forums i go to that think the samething. Evo x and ralliart setups have been in proper use for a long time on this gen lancer. People are using ecu flash just fine for tuning without issues. My openport broke so i was looking at other options. i just found it odd the whole way things went down and thankfully found out just how your company is run before i made the mistake of purchasing from you. And further more quite funny how you never mentioned the fact that you made damn sure you called split second to make sure nothing was sold to me huh? Your company has a agreement with split second to not sell the box to outside parties unless threw you. The box was not made for you the tune was. There are several companys selling the same box for diffrent cars with the same agreement. Please dont act like your company invented the box because that is far from the truth. If your kit was that great everybody would own one instead of the 12 people nation wide. Also numerous equals two but you must be the same guy that said evo x and ralliart manifold would not work on a n/a lancer funny how that worked out huh. You might want to consider ready the post on 9g lancers you have alot of friends over there too.
great business and keep up the good work!!!!

Just my .02

The tune wasnt made for them, it was made BY RRM. RRM and RRE are the same company, and develop the tunes and products there in. Please get some factoids before you continue this lame excuse for an assault.

Furthermore, who the eff are you to say what agreement or how an agreement between them and split second can should or does work? Honestly, your just simply shooting off at the mouth without any real reason. GET A NEW OPEN PORT ree ree, its not that hard, woudl save you money,and then you can get it tuned by someone with an idea, as you've made it clear you lack that.

I think you are suffering from a bloated ego, so in a similar fashion to ones you've used, i'll deflate it a bit. YOU DRIVE A GTS HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, which is FWD.

Instead of spending the extra bones at the dealer on an ra or evo, you took it upon yourself to do the swap. Now not only is it not working as you want it too, youve also cut corners in every direction in hopes of saving cash. Then when you realize its not working, on your silly lil gts, and after breaking your open port yourself, you decide that when someone doesnt lay down and break an agreement to feed your ego, that you need to attack and bombard them on the interwebz?

IS RRM expensive, yes, they need to make money, and R & D is expensive. Go look at turbo upgrades for evos @ AMS or ETS, and tell me RRM is expensive still son. You just need to learn to do things right, not cut corners, and let professionals handle the hard stuff.
Old Nov 11, 2010, 04:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Westbound&down
The tune wasnt made for them, it was made BY RRM. RRM and RRE are the same company, and develop the tunes and products there in. Please get some factoids before you continue this lame excuse for an assault.

Furthermore, who the eff are you to say what agreement or how an agreement between them and split second can should or does work? Honestly, your just simply shooting off at the mouth without any real reason. GET A NEW OPEN PORT ree ree, its not that hard, woudl save you money,and then you can get it tuned by someone with an idea, as you've made it clear you lack that.

I think you are suffering from a bloated ego, so in a similar fashion to ones you've used, i'll deflate it a bit. YOU DRIVE A GTS HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, which is FWD.

Instead of spending the extra bones at the dealer on an ra or evo, you took it upon yourself to do the swap. Now not only is it not working as you want it too, youve also cut corners in every direction in hopes of saving cash. Then when you realize its not working, on your silly lil gts, and after breaking your open port yourself, you decide that when someone doesnt lay down and break an agreement to feed your ego, that you need to attack and bombard them on the interwebz?

IS RRM expensive, yes, they need to make money, and R & D is expensive. Go look at turbo upgrades for evos @ AMS or ETS, and tell me RRM is expensive still son. You just need to learn to do things right, not cut corners, and let professionals handle the hard stuff.
I have no idea why you have gotten more upset about this thread than the guys at RRM. Sounds like you just want to pick on someone.

I think the OP is just frustrated with his project and perceives RRM as an obstacle to correcting his problem. We have all been there at one point or another. The OP was wrong in the way he blasted RRM without having all of the facts, but it serves no useful purpose to keep attacking him over and over again, espescially when you don't have all the facts yourself.
Old Nov 11, 2010, 06:19 PM
Evolving Member

You Gotta pay if you wanna Play!
Old Nov 11, 2010, 06:41 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by jkennedy293
I have no idea why you have gotten more upset about this thread than the guys at RRM. Sounds like you just want to pick on someone.

I think the OP is just frustrated with his project and perceives RRM as an obstacle to correcting his problem. We have all been there at one point or another. The OP was wrong in the way he blasted RRM without having all of the facts, but it serves no useful purpose to keep attacking him over and over again, espescially when you don't have all the facts yourself.

simply rebutting in the same way he started the thread.

the point was explained if you read it all.
Old Nov 11, 2010, 06:48 PM
Evolving Member

Before this thread gets high jacked and closed by admins...

Why the need to rebuttle when RRM handled the situation profesionally. No need to jump on the kid like a broke, homeless and angry leprechaun.

Quick Reply: lets talk rrm