Notices

overboost issue.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2010, 03:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
overboost issue.

ok for starters i have a 09 ralliart with an evo x turbo, megan racing manifold, ams intercooler ams CAI Small battery kit TBE grimmspeed 3port bcs and tuned at ams at 23-24psi.

so today i was driving and realized i was only hitting 19psi and i did not know why so i checked all my couplers and all my vacumm lines and everything checked out good. i re tightened everthing just to make sure and went for a ride so on my long ride i just kept getting into boost and it was still only hitting 19psi and it felt like it was running kinda rough near redline but then after about twenty min of crusing around it started to overboost. Just so you all know this happened to me about six months ago and on the stock bcs and that why i got the 3port bcs and got re tuned and it fixed the problem.

so anyways i have no idea why it keeps overboosting again its going up to 30psi i called grimmspeed and asked them about my 3port and they gave me the specs on the coil for the ohm reading and i checked that and it checked out good then i also checked my wastegate actuator by putting 20psi of air on it from my air compressor and it opened just fine so i ruled out that too. i dont know what to do next any help will be great thanks.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 03:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Boost leak
Old Nov 16, 2010, 06:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i checked for leaks by tightening the clamps and stuff but everything seemed ok. well tonight i was playing with the car again and i noticed that the wire came out of the pigtail on the 3port. so i gotta call grimmspeed again and have them send me a new one and hopefully that fixes the problem.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 10:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by hotshot1
i checked for leaks by tightening the clamps and stuff but everything seemed ok. well tonight i was playing with the car again and i noticed that the wire came out of the pigtail on the 3port. so i gotta call grimmspeed again and have them send me a new one and hopefully that fixes the problem.
Tightening the clamps alone will not guarantee no boost leaks. I have tightened the **** out of clamps before and do a boost leak teat and guess what...still leak. Sometimes you have to reposition the clamps and move them around.

But since you said the 3port has a wire that came out then that's most likely the cause.

Do you by anychance hear flutter from your wastegate with that boost controller?