Notices

CBRD and the Ralliart...

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2010, 09:51 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CBRD
There is a benefit of course to twin scroll,

but the matter here quite simply is providing an efficient cost effective solution for RA owners that dont want to jump entirely to an evo X kit!!

We can do some pretty tricky stuff (upgraded actuator, billet comp, Ti turbine..etc)... that could make a pretty rocking little turbo... already examining our options... and it will obviously be tested on our own car.

We will also test a tubular manifold with the turbo (maybe even the stocker) so see if we can do a nice little package on them

I'll keep you guys posted,

in the meantime, if you can think of any other little mods that we should develop, Im always open for input!

cb

IMAO Stealth is key. Stock look with real power!!!
Old Nov 26, 2010, 10:04 AM
Evolved Member

This is awesome news !! Hope to see more developments
Old Nov 26, 2010, 09:19 PM
Evolved Member

I can't wait!! Def interested in this
Old Nov 26, 2010, 10:02 PM
Evolving Member

Doh - and I've just paid for my whole BBX Lite kit and Evo X parts.
Oh well, it's great for the rest of the RA guys. Great work Chad. I can't wait to see where this goes.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 07:02 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
in the meantime, if you can think of any other little mods that we should develop, Im always open for input!

cb
Downpipe, HFC, and Cat-Back that are designed specifically to work with that turbocharger.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 08:03 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by NFSLancerRA
Downpipe, HFC, and Cat-Back that are designed specifically to work with that turbocharger.

Good call Personally i think just the downpipe would be a great idea but the full turbo back would be awesome!
Old Nov 27, 2010, 08:46 AM
Evolving Member

You can already get a full Turbo back exhaust from multiple vendors.

What I propose is we put our thinking to other bottlenecks in our system that has not been addressed properly keeping in mind we want to try and keep a stock looking appearance. I think if we could get a new intake manifold designed with a bigger throttle port opening so we could either keep our stock snorkel airbox assembly intact or design one that might flow better but look factory and would not mess up our air sensor. Mine is a street car so I don't care a whole lot about HP . Important yes, but I want a rocket so lots of torque no turbo lag. I would like to be able to brush pesky 350 Z's and stuck up Evo guys off my bumper LOL !

Having the whole system move more air and hold more boost will help through the entire and now broader power band including top end.

Also have your tuner bump up the rev limiter from stock aprox 6550 to either stock evo aprox 7150 or even up to 7500. I would not want to push harder than this without upgrading the stock engine. Anyway just my 2 cents.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 09:56 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by CanadianJackal
You can already get a full Turbo back exhaust from multiple vendors.

What I propose is we put our thinking to other bottlenecks in our system that has not been addressed properly keeping in mind we want to try and keep a stock looking appearance. I think if we could get a new intake manifold designed with a bigger throttle port opening so we could either keep our stock snorkel airbox assembly intact or design one that might flow better but look factory and would not mess up our air sensor. Mine is a street car so I don't care a whole lot about HP . Important yes, but I want a rocket so lots of torque no turbo lag. I would like to be able to brush pesky 350 Z's and stuck up Evo guys off my bumper LOL !

Having the whole system move more air and hold more boost will help through the entire and now broader power band including top end.

Also have your tuner bump up the rev limiter from stock aprox 6550 to either stock evo aprox 7150 or even up to 7500. I would not want to push harder than this without upgrading the stock engine. Anyway just my 2 cents.
you arent pushing the engine @7500 rpm jackel, but you do begin to risk floating a valve.

Im pretty sure Bryan is @ 7500 without issues though. Its a tuner to tuner thing when it comes to upping the rev limit, its no great mystery that has yet to be discovered.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 11:21 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,056 Likes on 764 Posts
Originally Posted by Westbound&down
you arent pushing the engine @7500 rpm jackel, but you do begin to risk floating a valve.

Im pretty sure Bryan is @ 7500 without issues though. Its a tuner to tuner thing when it comes to upping the rev limit, its no great mystery that has yet to be discovered.
Evo is 7600 rpm from the factory...
Old Nov 27, 2010, 02:35 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
We already have a small laundry list of mods we are going to get to work on right away...

I will be in the loop with Bryan to test anything that we can get into his hands..

the RA will be my personal vehicle (sold my X about 6 months ago) so you can be assured things will progress nicely!

cb
Old Nov 27, 2010, 03:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
We already have a small laundry list of mods we are going to get to work on right away...

I will be in the loop with Bryan to test anything that we can get into his hands..

the RA will be my personal vehicle (sold my X about 6 months ago) so you can be assured things will progress nicely!

cb
What kind of time frame are we looking at for the new turbo? Are we talking about weeks, months, or years until it's been tested and ready to hit the market?
Old Nov 27, 2010, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Slee256
What kind of time frame are we looking at for the new turbo? Are we talking about weeks, months, or years until it's been tested and ready to hit the market?
+1 also any approximation on HP gain? i know you wont know anything for sure until you build and test just thought maybe you had a round about guess
Old Nov 27, 2010, 04:12 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
we have been able to speed up our development process...

there are already some pairings of comp/turbine wheels set aside for testing/evaluation..

we will be contacting members to test/evaluate

cb
Old Nov 27, 2010, 07:31 PM

Taking any volunteers????
Old Nov 27, 2010, 07:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i can't wait to see what happens, i'm looking for a mild turbo for the meantime till i go all out and do a full turbo build...

but if making a new manifold why not make a twinscroll kit and manifold that hooks up to the factory lines etc?

regardless i'm subscribed to this now, can't wait

Quick Reply: CBRD and the Ralliart...