Notices

Is this the correct output of power that I should be getting??

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2010, 12:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by razorlab
The tranny can handle it fine, my personal RA is producing twice the factory power and runs 27psi straight across. You need proper tuning.
So the tune is causing it to slip?, cause its noticeable when I press the pedal down 50% and hold it in 3rd gear then go in to 4th u hear the trans blow and all power shuts down.. that's when it goes into limp mode.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 01:56 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,056 Likes on 764 Posts
Originally Posted by 2010 Rallihead
Twice the factory power??? That's like 193x2 meaning 386HP and more than 400trq **** 0_0
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/8891525-post10.html

So the tune is causing it to slip?, cause its noticeable when I press the pedal down 50% and hold it in 3rd gear then go in to 4th u hear the trans blow and all power shuts down.. that's when it goes into limp mode.
Yes.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 04:13 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is not a true statement.
Apologies. I stand corrected. I always turn the traction control off before going to the dyno in any car. However, I was not aware that you could get away with not doing this.

Last edited by NFSLancerRA; Dec 12, 2010 at 04:19 PM.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 04:47 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by NFSLancerRA
Apologies. I stand corrected. I always turn the traction control off before going to the dyno in any car. However, I was not aware that you could get away with not doing this.
Depends on the dyno as well. The ones that replicate actual street loads probably don't have an issue, while the ones that do not probably could have issues
Old Dec 12, 2010, 04:59 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Depends on the dyno as well. The ones that replicate actual street loads probably don't have an issue, while the ones that do not probably could have issues
My RA had serious issues with the Mustang locally. We accidentally ran it with the ASC on, and it made the weirdest looking torque curve you have ever seen in your life. It could have been the car. It could have been the dyno. I know now to turn it off prior to strapping down. Other than that, these things behave pretty nicely on the rolling road. It took a run or two, but the curves smoothed out very nicely.

Either way, I understand your frustration at bad information being posted. I didn't mean to stir the ****, so to speak. I didn't realize that you could leave it on, depending on the dyno.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 12:53 PM
Evolving Member

what would say if i were to turn off the ASC before driving hard, would this help?, or should I just do trial and error on the highway, but of course stay either the left or right lane, just in cause it does go into limp mode...
Old Dec 13, 2010, 12:54 PM
Evolving Member

nice numbers, I would love to be that high, and this was with a stock turbo too right?
Old Dec 13, 2010, 05:05 PM
EvoM Guru

what would say if i were to turn off the ASC before driving hard, would this help?, or should I just do trial and error on the highway, but of course stay either the left or right lane, just in cause it does go into limp mode...
If limp mode is being triggered, turning ASC off/on won't help.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 09:51 PM
Evolving Member

If limp mode is being triggered, turning ASC off/on won't help.
Thanks for yoit helps guys I'm going too another rep turner garage who works specifically with mitsus and evos, and letting him check out the tune and see what's wrong with it.... I should of gone to him in the first place, but didn't know about him till now... not too many import tunes here in Houston.Tx