Notices

Agency Power BOV

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2011, 04:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agency Power BOV

Has any one used Agency Power BOV on their Ralliart (specifically 100% atmph). I can seem to find info on this anywhere. I've seen info and videos on EVO X's.

I ask the question, because I just installed mine and I have to tighten it all the way down in order for it to stay closed at idle. And when in boost after throttle closes, it flutters (or maybe a compressor surge?). I know that EVO X and Ralliart run different amounts of boost and that might be cause some adjustment issues, since according to AP support. The BOV comes with 7 lbs spring.

Thanks.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 08:24 PM
Evolving Member

For sure it should be closed at idle - vacuum alone should not allow it to open. Leave the return pipe off and view the piston in motion. Even a small rev to 3-4000rpm should not cause it to open, since there is no load and no boost. A rev to 6-7000rpm should cause it to open a little.

There should be a sweet spot for most adjustable BoVs. You want it somewhere between
1. a little flutter at very low boost levels
2. a proper blow-off at very low boost levels

try and get it as close to 2 as possible.

Flutter is okay, but the engine has trouble accounting for the missing air, since it went back towards the turbo instead of the intake side. Same problem if you vent to atmosphere.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 04:15 PM

BOV Spring

Thanks,

I def need to get a new spring. I tried adding washers but that doesnt help hole alot. I have a 7lbs spring. I think my problem is that my vacuum is 20-22 inHg at idle and I have to tighten my bov all the way down to keep it closed at idle. I think because my vacuum is so high, it keeps sucking bov piston up and causing it to stay open. I will give AP a call and see if they have stronger spring.