Notices

cheapest way to reach 330whp?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2011, 06:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
I doubt either DC or UR make a 4" exhaust for the X or RA, you're thinking 3" I think.

I had a UR 3" (the supposed "quiet" 3 mini-muffler aka cheap resonator version) on my X for a short time and really disliked it due to an awful drone. I was much happier with my Magnaflow and now my Cobb.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 03:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Kracka
I doubt either DC or UR make a 4" exhaust for the X or RA, you're thinking 3" I think.
The UR one is 3", DC is 2.75", but both have 4" tips.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 03:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so UR would be better?
Old Feb 4, 2011, 03:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by KeDoSH
so UR would be better?
Once again, you keep using the term "better". It depends what "better" means to YOU. For me, it's a no-brainer, I would go with the DC Sports exhaust because the UR exhaust is going to be very loud and have lots of drone. However, if you enjoy that sort of thing, then go ahead and order the UR exhaust, but be prepared to start wearing earplugs while driving
Old Feb 4, 2011, 04:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Slee256
Once again, you keep using the term "better". It depends what "better" means to YOU. For me, it's a no-brainer, I would go with the DC Sports exhaust because the UR exhaust is going to be very loud and have lots of drone. However, if you enjoy that sort of thing, then go ahead and order the UR exhaust, but be prepared to start wearing earplugs while driving
I dont know which UR exhaust you have but mine doesnt drone at speed. Its louder than I would like at full throttle but part throttle and cruising its fine. I have the full TBE with metal cat and extra muffler.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 06:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DaJackson
I dont know which UR exhaust you have but mine doesnt drone at speed. Its louder than I would like at full throttle but part throttle and cruising its fine. I have the full TBE with metal cat and extra muffler.
I'm sure that the extra muffler you have is the reason that you don't have the droning problem.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 08:04 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by velocityhead
The UR one is 3", DC is 2.75", but both have 4" tips.
I have seen it stated before that DC Sports has 2.75" pipes, but I wonder where that misinformation first got started. Were you by chance the original source?

Just kidding, I have read that a few times myself...

I can tell you I researched this before buying my exhaust just to be certain, as my plans require a full 3" exhaust. While it might be misidentified somehere and DC Sports has not done a good job of marketing the beefy exhaust, it is listed at 3" in print advertisements and many places such as the Super Street project Ralliart.

But IMHO, pictures also clearly tell the story, see below.

By the way, I could tell for certain the exhaust was 3" when I saw it, but just to be certain I measured my exhaust pipes, and they were 3" OD, no doubt about it.

http://www.lancershop.com/customer/p...cat=176&page=1

http://www.superstreetonline.com/tec...des/index.html

I'm just curious, does this look to be smaller than other 3" exhaust you have seen?

Old Feb 5, 2011, 06:45 AM
Evolved Member

I think maybe someone stated previously that the inside diameter of the piping was 2.75", but the outside diameter was 3", so that's probably what you're remembering. You didn't state whether your measurement was inside or outside diameter, so I guess the question still remains....
Old Feb 5, 2011, 07:49 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Slee256
I think maybe someone stated previously that the inside diameter of the piping was 2.75", but the outside diameter was 3", so that's probably what you're remembering. You didn't state whether your measurement was inside or outside diameter, so I guess the question still remains....

Hey Slee, If the comment was addressed to my post, well, actually, yeah I did...

By the way, I could tell for certain the exhaust was 3" when I saw it, but just to be certain I measured my exhaust pipes, and they were 3" OD, no doubt about it.

Old Feb 5, 2011, 07:50 AM

well im looking for an exhaust with a louder, deeper sound.
Old Feb 5, 2011, 08:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RideSober
Hey Slee, If the comment was addressed to my post, well, actually, yeah I did...

You're right, sorry, I missed the "OD" that you wrote on your originally post....my bad. Whoever stated that the DC exhaust was 2.75" must have been measuring the inner diameter then.

Last edited by Slee256; Feb 5, 2011 at 08:39 AM.
Old Feb 5, 2011, 08:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My mistake...I think I recalled the 2.75" figure from a past post I've seen.

On that note...DC Sports sure has an informative website
Old Feb 5, 2011, 08:50 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by KeDoSH
well im looking for an exhaust with a louder, deeper sound.
Here check this out:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09...und-clips.html
Old Feb 5, 2011, 09:39 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by velocityhead
My mistake...I think I recalled the 2.75" figure from a past post I've seen.

On that note...DC Sports sure has an informative website
LOL...

You are absolutely right about that, the DC Sports marketing department seems to believe in the "less is more" approach. Personally I got all my information about the exhaust from other sources since just slightly more than nothing is available on the DC Sports website.

Slee, I'm sure you are right about the previous post regarding inside diameter and while I'm not sure why one would have thought that dimension then classified the exhaust as being "2.75", I can vouch for the fact that the inside diameter actually is right at 2.75".

But frankly for discussions such as these that point is probably really irrelevant, since it has been my observation that virtually all exhaust tube measurements consistently address the outside diameter. I don't recall seeing any exhaust for our cars ever advertised as having a 3" inside diameter. But hey, maybe it is out there I just never saw it in all my research on this topic...

Now I think I'll go out for a short drive!
Old Feb 5, 2011, 02:39 PM
Evolving Member

So with the DC Sports exhaust having an OD of 3", all the other 3" exhausts are also 2.75 ID? I ask because I want to change my buschur exhaust which is advertised as 3" but I wasn't sure if switching to the DC would have a large impact since I am tuned for the flow of the buschur.