Notices

evo scan locking up computer. HELP!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2011, 03:40 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
evo scan locking up computer. HELP!

I have a windows 7 computer that locks up with evo scan when I try to log or scan something. I downloaded the new 2.8 update and still the same thing. Any clue? It use to work without a problem, hadnt used the program in a while and now trying to use it and locks up so I have to hard turn off my laptop when this happens. Trying here because I think I would have a faster informative response here.
Old Feb 10, 2011, 05:55 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Tiresomejunk
I have a windows 7 computer that locks up with evo scan when I try to log or scan something. I downloaded the new 2.8 update and still the same thing. Any clue? It use to work without a problem, hadnt used the program in a while and now trying to use it and locks up so I have to hard turn off my laptop when this happens. Trying here because I think I would have a faster informative response here.
First, try uninstalling and reinstalling the software. Maybe it got corrupted over time or is infected by a virus.

If it doesn't work, fix your computer, you might want to make sure your USB drivers are up to date and your tactrix drivers are up to date too...

If this doesn't fix it, you might either consider reformating your computer or try EvoScan inside a VM. Reformating should ideally be done by a professionnal unless you want to lose all your personnal files.

And, honestly, the Turbo/Drivetrain section of a car forum is not the best place for that question. Check for a Evoscan forum or a Evoscan section in that forum...
Old Feb 10, 2011, 08:26 AM
Evolved Member

Well, I have no real idea if this is the issue, but are you running 64-bit on your Windows 7? You should go to EvoScan's website and check the compatibility.