Notices

Ralliart ssp clutches

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2011, 09:14 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This really illustrates the importance of a good tuner when modifying this car. My car has a relatively high power level as well, and I have had zero problems with my transmission. I am so sorry to hear about your experience. It sounds exhausting and painful. I can tell you that the guys up here at Spec-Ops have taken nothing be exceptional care of my car, and it rides like a dream with no problems to speak of. I have supreme confidence in them. I can tell you from experience, take your car to them and it will be taken care of, properly.

I also have supreme confidence in AWDMotorsports down in Miami. Read this thread if you have any doubts as to the character of Mike at AWD. TTP has had nothing but nasty things to say about him, and he still has enough character not to bash the shop.

Again, these transmissions can be volatile. The wealth of information generated by the EvolutionM tuning community has led us to be able to overcome some of the limitations associated with this transmission. However, this comes with a big disclaimer. Those shops who do not heed or believe what has been posted about the SST on this site will ruin cars. This is a fine example. Hours and hours have been invested by tuners on this site to create relatively safe solutions when modifying your Ralliart. Chad at CBRD, Bryan (aka razorlab), Mike at AWD, and others have determined the safest way possible to crank this car up. Pay attention to what they and other members say. Watch out for bad reviews. OP, I believe you. TTP has a bad reputation for a reason. It is totally insane that they are unwilling to help you make this right. It matters not whether or not they actually ruined the car. Their customer service is often terrible. It appears that they are unwilling to delve into this situation, at all, for fear that they may discover that they have made a costly mistake, which they may well have done. That is not the sign of a good shop.

Most shops will help you out to the extreme to make sure that you are satisfied and that your car is safe. That is the key. OP, I would like for you to make a thread in the Vendor Review section, but that is your decision. Others, please do not take this as a sign that this transmission can't take abuse. It can, but only if modified correctly.

Again, OP, I really am sorry for your loss.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 09:16 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
By the way, I neglected to mention Jason at Spec-Ops in that last post. Never take your car to him. He has no clue what he is doing.

Old Mar 17, 2011, 09:20 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 8urSuby
This is the final thing I'm going to say. I haven't responded anymore because I'm exhausted of this issue. I have just spent all this money to just fix the slippage of the clutches there was NOTHING wrong with my car before the upgrades. I don't track my car I'll go to the 1/8 mile track maybe once every 1-2 months. I drive spirited most of all. All the guys thinking that I'm bashing should really pay attention to what I have just gone through. Take the advice or not. Do not dare try to convince me that I have done wrong with my upgrades but my chosing of that shop. Awd I should've gone to you and just been happy with my upgrades. I have serviced my car to the extreme.I just took my car to the dealer and another shop just to get the result of my decision to take it to TTP and they said tranny is gone. I don't have any warranty do to any upgades and the fact that the tranny has been cracked open. So I'm left with no more money to transport it to SSP for Kris to be able to help me. I have a great looking car with no go. I will be parting out this car putting it back to factory and joining the millions in bankruptcy. I'm not trying to have any pitty towards my situation just pay attenntion to the forums and what can happen if your not attentive to Research before its too late. Thank you for your feedback.
From the videos you posted in your 346whp thread it showed youve been running around with lots of power and torque for years. Prolly have 50-60k miles on the ralli and why you surprised that you have transmission problems finally after putting on your third and largest turbo so far?

You posted this video from 2009 with 346whp:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QBrX...mbedded#at=151

It looks like you also were badmouthing Jestr Tuning too in some posts, claiming his tune was slipping your clutch discs below. I don't know if there was a third tuner also but you posted that someone was starting pulls at 5000rpms on the dyno in Miami also. I sounds a lot like you like to point fingers at everyone else and its not just this time.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/7643927-post36.html

Originally Posted by 8ursuby
First thing the initial tune i had a bov, and HKS downpipe, and MBC. I got 260 hp and no limp mobe at first, then after a while i started getting limp mode " WITH NO UPGRADES OR CHANGES" I spoke to Jester and said that i was getting LIMP MODE he said a retune was needed, I found out that i had to "PAY" for a retune, so i said might as well make it worth the money for that, so i put the FMIC and piping with a Harman Motive intake, and QTP cutout. And then after paying to solve that, he did get my car to 300 HP but still had problems and LIMP MODE the same day, plus clutch slippage at high gear. I came back after a drive told him that it was going to LIMP MODE, he said i have to get updates i'll be intouch with you. After multiple times of trying to contact him even emails, I decided to search for another tuner. I went to another tuner found out my timing was threw the roof!
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/7646554-post41.html

Originally Posted by combatvetgsr
Jestr has been down 3 times this past year, 1st time he was unable to tune any X's or RA. 2nd time, I remember your car on the dyno and talking with you. 3rd time down there, I remember he gave you an update and your car was not on the dyno.
Actually the third time he was down was when i paid for a retune with my upgraded mods, and when you saw me is when i came back from the drive after he had finished only to realize i still had issues. I just wish he would've called me to kit, and let me know if he found the fix. Thats when i listened to my friend Jon and went to TTP Engineering.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/7661662-post69.html

Look you stupid A$$!!!!! Don't be a hater, and its always something with you NEWBIES or worse KNOW IT ALLS!!! Stick to your swaping parts at the dealer, leave the performance to the ppl that know what their talking about., like TTP. If I feel like pushing my car to the limit that's my car not yours, you don't believe its pushing those numbers i can give a F--K!!!! Stay behind the computer with your smack talking. By the way when i had 300 WHP my best run was 13.01 @ 103.4 , so do your homework before you post.
You posted you only do 1/8 mile runs but moroso is a quarter mile track and above you are quoting quarter mile times? Your friend says you have meets at moroso with your car club. It does look like you race your car at the track a lot from your posts. Look bro, you took responsibility for pushing your car in the post above, but now its everyone elses fault when an unrelated part fails?

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/7669583-post81.html

Originally Posted by JonRalli09
not a bad idea but izzys car group/club is meeting at morroso. when i get a retune ill hit up the orlando track
Reading through this whole thread I still see no wrongdoing by anyone working on the car or the disc manufacurer. SSP sold discs, discs installed, turbo upgraded, trans ecu or SST finally gave up after years of racing it. Its racing, things break. The poster claims, the tranny was "cracked open". He thinks the clutch is located inside the transmission along with the gears lol. The transmission is never opened when installing a clutch. I've never seen a tcsst out of a ralli in person, but I have an SMG BMW that works the same way. The clutch is not inside the trans with the gears so its retarded to blame the inner workings of the trans on the clutch discs install.

You admit you don't have the money to fix a sst trans that failed from years of racing and mods. The dealer told you the tranmission is the problem and not the clutch, so why are you blaming everyone else. If you double the hp of the car, and beat on it for years, things will break. Its childish to blame everyone else and even more crazy to spend hundreds of dollars shipping the car around the country for SSP to tell you the same thing as the dealer.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 12:21 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks JDMEvon9RS for taking the time to bring up those evidence.

This confirms what I thought. The OP acted irresponsibly and instead of hadling things in a responsible manner and face the consequences of his actions he declares bankrupt.

The backs will have to assume the consequences of his actions.

Let's just assume it's a young guy who hasn't been advised enough by his parents and took bad decision that led to the current situation...

Now that I think about it... He his not responsible that is his parents' fault...
Old Mar 17, 2011, 01:58 PM
Evolved Member

I doubt we will ever know the whole truth about what happened between the OP and his tuner. It is not out of the realm of possibilty that TTP made an error when installing the new clutch discs, but it is also possible that other damage to the SST had already occured PRIOR to the installation, and the new clutch discs some how exacerbated the issue.

If the OP does file for bankruptcy, and the car gets repo'd, I feel sorry for the person who buys this car at auction and then has to fix the issues at their own expense.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 07:45 PM
xi
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Seeing how much abuse the transmission went through before it failed actually gives me MORE faith in the SST.

Also, going into bankruptcy to pay for a car that you don't 100% own but modified anyway is... not financially sound, to put it lightly. Hell my car payment is like 10% of my income and I still won't mod the car because I don't want to end up paying for a new transmission out of pocket when my warranty expires in like 3-4 years.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 03:39 AM

As you all can see from this post of all my hardaches with TTP, not once has Scott posted anything and or commented any reply except for one JDMevo9Rs. Extensive research that Scott has provided, the whole story even the "third party tuner in miami" that only Scott has known because iIve never posted that. Only when I went the first time to get tuned by TTP. Are you all thinking the same? Its very easy to have multiple member names huh. I have only received pm's from this JDM guy and the info posted only known completely by Scott. He has provided info only known by Jestr and Scott. I hope I'm wrong but this points too much to childish games behind a computer Scott. If this is you man up to your MISTAKE, because my mistake was paying you in full with not ever protesting to any extrs cost that I received by being a good customer. 3 months I don't think that was fair to push me to the side and ignore me until I would call you. I was not building a full race car but a street car with a respectable amount of power. Infact go on Youtube and you could see how many times I've raced at the 1/8 mile track. I've only gone to Moroso 4 times since I've had this car. That's not abuse. The car has been with no problems until now. Again thank you all with keeping this up long enough so people are aware of the danger with a unprofessional shop.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 04:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Alright, I'm going to close this one up for now since it's obvious that its not going to get anywhere.

JDMEvo9RS, for you to come into our segment and post as you do, not to mention the extensive research you've put into this thread in a segment of evoM unrelated to a car you even claim to own, it's obvious there is some shop affiliation to anyone with any common sense.

OP, I encourage you to consider fixing the car and if something does come about that changes or adds to the RELEVANT information surrounding this subject, I'll open this back up.

I'd love to see the end-result and find out exactly what fixes this problem, as I'm sure most of the members on here would like to see as well, but I'm not going to wait and sift through a bunch of bickering to find out nothing was ever done conclusively to determine a final outcome. It would greatly benefit the community here, though I doubt that we'll ever know for sure...

Again, if you do end up having the problem fixed, please PM me and I'll reopen the thread so we can all have some closure.