Notices

Ralliart ssp clutches

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2011, 11:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ralliart ssp clutches

Do me a favor fellow ralliart owners. If your doing the clutches on your ralliart, I just learned the hardway that if they're not installed or tuned right it will *uck up your transmission and just not work right. Talk to SSP before and ask which shop would be the most qualified or knowledgeable to work on this *ucking car.........! Excuse my language but I just picked up my carand have spent all this money for nothing; and have no choice but to *uck up my credit and voluntary repo my ralliart. Thank you for my 2011 Mustang 5.0 for the raw power right out from the factory.
Old Mar 12, 2011, 12:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
that sux bro, atleast u were able to get a new car. did u try to install the clutch urself or did u just have some local shop attempt it?i plan on buying the clutches but i figured i would have ssp install them for me.
Old Mar 12, 2011, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 8urSuby
I just learned the hardway that if they're not installed or tuned right it will *uck up your transmission and just not work right.

You just learned that if you don't install parts correctly they wont work?

Sucks your car got messed up but it sounds like you didnt do enough research. Swapping clutches isn't a "bolt on" part and should be installed by someone who knows what they are doing.
Old Mar 12, 2011, 05:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
that sucks man :/ No good to ding the credit with a repo. but at least you got into a new car and can start the repair on credit. Did the shop who installed the SSP clutch packs turn their heads to this or something? I would drive my ralliart through their shop before voluntarily repoing my car....I would start asking the shop that did it questions and start pointing the finger.
Old Mar 12, 2011, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by DaJackson
You just learned that if you don't install parts correctly they wont work?

Sucks your car got messed up but it sounds like you didnt do enough research. Swapping clutches isn't a "bolt on" part and should be installed by someone who knows what they are doing.
I did get it installed by a "shop" that obviously didn't know what they were doing.
Old Mar 12, 2011, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by hixlancer
that sucks man :/ No good to ding the credit with a repo. but at least you got into a new car and can start the repair on credit. Did the shop who installed the SSP clutch packs turn their heads to this or something? I would drive my ralliart through their shop before voluntarily repoing my car....I would start asking the shop that did it questions and start pointing the finger.
He turned his head and said I don't know what happened. Blaming sh~t on the car that has been working the way it was for almost 2 years now.
Old Mar 12, 2011, 07:21 PM
Evolving Member

Sorry to hear of your misfortune, but must admit I am at a loss.

Mods have risks, we all know that.

So your tranny was damaged becuase the installer you selected did not install the mod properly? But rather than man up and choosing to accept the results of your decisions and just having it repaired (like virtually everyone else would do) you are dumping the car on your finance company?

Am I getting the picture clearly? So somehow that is an acceptable solution that the finance company gets screwed by getting a repo of a damaged car that is apparently worth less than you owe on the car

And somehow you are complaining that your credit will be damaged because you chose to handle this situation in this manner rather than fulfull your obligation to make your car payments?

Now the effing car is the problem, and effing SST is the problem, and the effing finance company is the problem because they get screwed and lose money on your car and then report their loss due to your poor decision on your credit report. It seems everything and everyone but the person who made the decision to have the mod done to the car seems to be at fault.

The message here is that there seems to be no personal responsibility at all for making what turned out to be a bad decision.

Like I said I am sorry for your misfortune, but have absolutely no respect for the irresponsible way you chose to handle this.
Old Mar 12, 2011, 07:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RideSober
Sorry to hear of your misfortune, but must admit I am at a loss.

Mods have risks, we all know that.

So your tranny was damaged becuase the installer you selected did not install the mod properly? But rather than man up and choosing to accept the results of your decisions and just having it repaired (like virtually everyone else would do) you are dumping the car on your finance company?

Am I getting the picture clearly? So somehow that is an acceptable solution that the finance company gets screwed by getting a repo of a damaged car that is apparently worth less than you owe on the car

And somehow you are complaining that your credit will be damaged because you chose to handle this situation in this manner rather than fulfull your obligation to make your car payments?

Now the effing car is the problem, and effing SST is the problem, and the effing finance company is the problem because they get screwed and lose money on your car and then report their loss due to your poor decision on your credit report. It seems everything and everyone but the person who made the decision to have the mod done to the car seems to be at fault.

The message here is that there seems to be no personal responsibility at all for making what turned out to be a bad decision.

Like I said I am sorry for your misfortune, but have absolutely no respect for the irresponsible way you chose to handle this.

I agree on this from what he said especially the highlighted part. Plus, technically, the "SHOP" should be responsible for the damages that they caused. Seems that you just "gave" up the easy route. Also buying the 2011 Mustang is great too!! But if you think that modding the Mustang would be easy without any problems, you will be mistaken!! Don't get me wrong, I love mustangs and I used to own a Saleen fox body. It takes money, time and A LOT of respect and patient towards ANY car if you modify it. It may sound weird but cars aren't "stupid" anymore.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 07:32 AM

Ridesober.
You don't know the whole truth my fault for not listing. This has been 3 months of this shop giving me the run around. When I finally get tuff with him that he needs to finish my car it gets done half a$$ed and when I. Finally get to pick it up, he leaves the car outside his shop and said he had an appointment to go to. I had paid him in full from the begining, yes my fault I know. But what f ing respect I get because of what I don't know. All I meant from this post is because all this money and time isn't worth in this car; to gain a little bit more power.
Notice I still haven't named the shop but they are well known in this business. So this is my frustration on this shop for not owning up to their f up!
Old Mar 13, 2011, 09:11 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 8urSuby
Ridesober.
You don't know the whole truth my fault for not listing. This has been 3 months of this shop giving me the run around. When I finally get tuff with him that he needs to finish my car it gets done half a$$ed and when I. Finally get to pick it up, he leaves the car outside his shop and said he had an appointment to go to. I had paid him in full from the begining, yes my fault I know. But what f ing respect I get because of what I don't know. All I meant from this post is because all this money and time isn't worth in this car; to gain a little bit more power.
Notice I still haven't named the shop but they are well known in this business. So this is my frustration on this shop for not owning up to their f up!
I don't know what your expextations are with the mustang but you might be disappointed if you expect huge gains with low spendings and no problems. The Ralliart is a car that is easy to get a lot of power from especially because it comes sock with a turbo. The mustang is NA; so expect to spends a lot of money to get some power. It's not with a bunch of bolt-ons that you will get considerable power out of that car.

And as other people mentionned it is really irresponsible to have your finance company live with thte consequences of our own choices (read mistakes). I t's guys like you that give a bad names to modders.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 10:08 AM
Evolved Member

On the subject of the 2011 GT 5.0 Stangs, my buddy has one, and bolt-ons yield little to no power gains. All power gains from bolt-ons come from retunes associated with the part, and the gains are extremely small; less than 10% power gains for any given part. The only way to make serious gains with that car is to go with one of the super charger options, which are expensive. However, the only upside is you can get the Ford Racing Super Charger kit (the one that makes the least amount of power and costs the most) installed by a dealership and retain factory warranty.

Why you would want to do that with a car that has problems putting the power to the ground from a dig or in turns in stock form is beyond my my ability to comprehend though.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 12:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think you guys are being way too hard on the OP. The shop that screwed him drew first blood, and now he's left to deal with the consequences of someone else's mistakes. Put yourself in his shoes if you can....
Old Mar 13, 2011, 03:02 PM
Evolved Member

To the OP and others who may end up in this situation:

Before taking drastic measures when a shop screws up an install like this, consider taking the shop owner to small claims court. Its relatively cheap, and pretty simple to do.

Also, I wouldn't worry about the finance company being stuck with anything. As with any reposession, the debtee is still responsible for the full amount of the loan minus whatever they can sell it for at auction. There will probably be atleast $1000 in fees added on by the auction house and the bank. Then there is the HUGE black mark that will be on your credit for the next seven years. Unless the debtee files for chapter 7 bankruptcy, they will have to pay every penny back plus interest. Long story short...repossession, voluntary or otherwise, is the absolute last thing you want to do.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 07:12 PM

I do want to thank you all for your feedback, I really have gone through this as a 3 month depression of stress by this shop.
I do want to thank SSP Kris for his offer to fix my car and help me with this ordeal. As I said before get referals from him and his shop, because he has been extremely helpful in this of tough time. Thank you Kris and SSP!!!
Old Mar 14, 2011, 09:35 AM
Evolving Member

Good job Kris from SSP!

Anyone knows that modding anything has its risks... i personally keep most of my old cars stock (except the EK civic... motors galore for cheappp) because of this reason. With the SST tranny, even more reason to do so

Quick Reply: Ralliart ssp clutches