Notices

Omegis RA to Evo X swap progress

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2011 | 10:04 PM

Is there any reason you didn't go with the CBRD Rad Lite?
Old Apr 7, 2011 | 04:02 AM
Evolving Member

Initial Cost:
Quick and easy route to max the car out, clutches being the limiting factor, @ low cost.

+ Goals:
With the X, when I want more power, I have the option to ship the turbo in for a FP green upgrade. Of course this will end with up leading to upgraded clutch packs, therefor increasing cost, but this is not realistic any time soon.

I like the RAD Lite from what I've read so far (quick spool + good power), just wasn't the direction I was heading.

Last edited by omegis; Apr 7, 2011 at 04:08 AM.
Old Apr 7, 2011 | 04:35 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by omegis
A lot of these parts are used and were purchased from the For Sale section of these forums. Only new part ordered was the UR short downpipe. Had I went with the stock X DP, I would've saved another $140 b/c the person that sold me the o2 housing also had a stock X DP for $50.

Part of the reason I started this thread was to add to the research already performed by Eric@AMS along with others and assist the community with the overall process and cost of performing the X swap. Everyone's cost and experience is bound to be different but this thread adds to the information available to the RA family.

It begs to answer the question, "How much would it cost to perform an X swap?"

In my case it was $894......so far.

cool bro, less than 1,000 for 100+hp
Old Apr 14, 2011 | 07:18 PM
Evolving Member

Pics coming soon of parts along with a few web links. (Pics make me happy!)

Planning to purchase the Cobb turbo inlet hose since X inlet hose is different than the RA. Also picked up a stock Evo X intake since looks like the stock RA intake could be a hindrance over time.

Noticing everyone is relocating their BOV to stock X style as well which wasn't in the initial "Complete X turbo swap list". Just looking for some more info from people that have done the swap, is this "necessary" or simply a "luxury" to complementing the swap? And if this is necessary, are there any part numbers/nomenclature to complete this BOV relocation?

Last edited by omegis; Apr 14, 2011 at 07:23 PM.
Old Apr 15, 2011 | 07:57 AM
Evolving Member

Pics added!
Old Apr 17, 2011 | 01:40 PM
Evolving Member

Slapped everything together to check fitment. Think I'll order all new bolts and gaskets though to be on the safe side.
Old Apr 17, 2011 | 02:10 PM
Evolved Member

Slapped everything together to check fitment. Think I'll order all new bolts and gaskets though to be on the safe side.
Did you have the manifold and hotside ceramic coated or just spray them with high temp paint?
Old Apr 17, 2011 | 02:20 PM
Evolving Member

Ceramic
Old Apr 23, 2011 | 01:48 AM

Dang, turbo looks awesome put together, cant wait to do my turbo swap in the summer too.
Old Apr 23, 2011 | 05:23 AM
Evolving Member

i've decided i want a swap aswell!! lmao! if i can get it done 4 less than 1.5k ! it would be awsome..so now im on the look for X turbo.
one question tho.. I have stock downpipe. (if i swap turbos) since its an X turbo am i required to buy the aftermarket downpipe for the X or the Ralliart? plz let me know.
thank u
Old Apr 23, 2011 | 07:54 AM
Evolving Member

looks good
Old Apr 24, 2011 | 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by Cesarn2928
i've decided i want a swap aswell!! lmao! if i can get it done 4 less than 1.5k ! it would be awsome..so now im on the look for X turbo.
one question tho.. I have stock downpipe. (if i swap turbos) since its an X turbo am i required to buy the aftermarket downpipe for the X or the Ralliart? plz let me know.
thank u
I looked up the part and i guess it's the Evo X down pipe is the same as the RALLIART. But you do have to buy the O2 housing.
Old Apr 24, 2011 | 06:31 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by VLopeZ
I looked up the part and i guess it's the Evo X down pipe is the same as the RALLIART. But you do have to buy the O2 housing.
UR sells the same DP for both the X and RA.
Old May 11, 2011 | 02:28 PM
Evolving Member

Well after waiting on my swap due to the military budget Congress took forever to approve, I'm starting to research other turbo options. I'm glad I kept costs under $1k initially, but now I'm thinking of going either with a BBX lite upgrade or FP Green. Figured since my X turbo is just collecting dust at the moment, now would be the time to maximize it's capabilities rather than pull it off later to have it upgraded.
Old May 11, 2011 | 03:15 PM
Evolving Member

I will be on this train when I get back from my first tour... being a nuke sucks when you want to feel like a sailor.. in the navy for over 1.5 yrs and still have over 6 months of training to go. And thats only if I dont get picked up for ELT, which is what I want and thats another 3 months....

Ill be halfway through my contract before I see water...

Quick Reply: Omegis RA to Evo X swap progress