Notices

DC Sports Single Exit Catback

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2011, 02:34 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DC Sports Single Exit Catback

I just installed the DC sport single exit catback exhaust on my Ralliart. Just thought i would share what i think about it. The fitment it pretty good, everything lined up and bolted up fine. A couple things though, you need to move one of the rubber hanger grommets to a new location. There is already a spot with a hanger where it needs to go, you just need to move the rubber hanger/grommet to it. Also, the bolts that came with the kit were grade 5, 3/8 x 1 3/4", and both the nut and bolt had washers flanged onto them. You need to get some 3/8 bolts and nuts that are not flanged, and 2" long(Make sure you use lock washers on the nut side). I couldnt even start the nut on 2 of the 3 bolts. Before installing the mid pipe section to the cat, line the axle back section up to it, the holes connecting the midpipe and axle back are oblong from eachother and the mid pipe can be installed upside down. Other than that everything went great. Its a nice and deep tone, but not deafening.

One concern some people might have is how low the dip in the axle back section is right before it curves up to the tip. Im lowered on RRM springs and that piece of exhaust is only 3" from the ground. If the roads are terrible where you live (like they are here in Edmonton), then you might want to keep that in mind.

I will be posting pictures and sounds clips as soon as i get a chance. Thanks.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 07:06 AM
Evolving Member

As far as the hangar relocation, the dual exit exhaust is the same in that respect. Thanks for the write-up. I look forward to seeing pictures and hearing how it sounds.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 03:29 PM

Now that you've had it for a while how do yo like it? I was about to order mine but thought id check here first. Im lowered as well so any problems bottoming out? Thanks.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 06:42 PM
Evolving Member

Now that you've had it for a while how do yo like it? I was about to order mine but thought id check here first. Im lowered as well so any problems bottoming out? Thanks.
Hey man! I am still loving it. I have since added a test pipe and down pipe and it sounds amazzzzzzing. I actually thought i would be bottoming out all the time, but i havent had any problems yet! I would definitely recommend it
Old Aug 24, 2011, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by zebra4
Hey man! I am still loving it. I have since added a test pipe and down pipe and it sounds amazzzzzzing. I actually thought i would be bottoming out all the time, but i havent had any problems yet! I would definitely recommend it
Did you get a tune or still factory? Either way id love to hear abou your numbers after all the plumbing.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 10:40 PM
Evolving Member

Did you get a tune or still factory? Either way id love to hear abou your numbers after all the plumbing.
I am currently running Bryan's GST basemap v2.5 with boost pill. I do not know my numbers unfortunately as i have not been to a dyno.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 09:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
any perceived perfomance (butt-dyno ) ?
Old Aug 25, 2011, 05:11 PM
Evolving Member

any perceived perfomance (butt-dyno ) ?
With the tune and pill there is a HUGE difference from stock, especially in the top end, the exhaust i really dont know..
Old Aug 26, 2011, 12:43 PM

Pics?