Notices

UR Exhaust FTW!

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2011, 03:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UR Exhaust FTW!

Hey guys just a little mini review of the UR axleback exhaust dual exit...

After a couple weeks of searching and reading reviews I decided on the UR. Was going to buy the catback but decided to get the axleback and purchase the midpipe later for $$$ reasons(or possibly make my own, not sure yet). Ordered it Tuesday night and got it today, super fast.(I'm close to TO though).

Took it out the box, which was packaged very well, and the quality looked excellent. Nice and shiny, nice welds, and no scratches. Put the car up on some rhino ramps and was pretty much smooth sailing from there. The hardest part was taking off the OEM muffler. Somebody suggested using PB Blaster on the rubber hangers(not sure where I saw it but kudos). Another thing I found useful was using some adjustable vise grips to pop the stopper on the exhaust through the rubber and push it through with a bolt. Once that was off took about 10 minutes to put the new one on, and that was it. Fired it up checked for leaks, all good. One side hangs a little lower than the other but will be an easy adjustment by bending the hanging rods a little later. It started to rain on me and I don't have a garage.

All in all I'm very pleased with the purchase. The price was a little high for an axleback at $587 with taxes and shipping. But I've always followed the 'you get what you pay for' rule and I like to support local and Canadian businesses. Was an easy install, looks good and did I forget to mention it sounds awesome. Not as loud as some people had said but even if it was I wouldn't mind at all. Though I didn't take it on the highway so we'll see about that. So for anyone else looking for an exhaust UR has my vote.
Old May 26, 2011, 10:40 PM
Evolved Member

I have the catback right now and i love it, im getting the rest so it should be great!
Old Jun 8, 2011, 04:07 PM

i have the same one, i love it. but it does sit kinda low, espically the right side.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 04:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have the catback..nice sound..going full tb soon
Old Jun 13, 2011, 07:42 AM
Evolving Member

Just upgraded from the axleback to the catback yesterday. Paradigm, if you need something a bit louder than the axleback go with the midpipe with the mini muffler. Sounds almost exactly the same as the axleback except a bit louder/deeper tone.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 09:16 AM

Just wondering, do u need a tune after u install it?
Old Jun 14, 2011, 06:56 AM

Yes you would need a tune for it. If you have plans on going for the full turbo back setup then I would suggest that you save up and do it all at once. For one it is easier to get it all done at once and UR gives you a discount, and two it's cheaper on the tune to do it only once rather than go back for a retune.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 08:32 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by crrowley12
Yes you would need a tune for it. If you have plans on going for the full turbo back setup then I would suggest that you save up and do it all at once. For one it is easier to get it all done at once and UR gives you a discount, and two it's cheaper on the tune to do it only once rather than go back for a retune.

You don't need a tune with a catback...
Old Jun 14, 2011, 08:34 AM
Evolving Member

Wow, why are people so cheap? Why buy axle/catback? Go all out and do turbo back. Might just be my opinion, but you get the best performance
Old Jun 14, 2011, 08:48 AM
Evolving Member

I don't think they're being cheap imo. Some people just don't have/want to spend $1000 to buy a whole set up...

If people are on a budget, you can always look into a magnaflow CBE. Half the price
Old Jun 14, 2011, 08:57 AM
Evolving Member

For me, it wasn't a matter of being cheap it was just that I didn't have enough money to do it all at once. Its the same price to do it piece by piece than all at once. And you do NOT need a tune for an exhaust. It'll get the most power with a tune but its not needed.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 12:04 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah definitely no tune required. I didnt mean to come off sounding like a dbag. I guess if you install it yourself then there is no cost savings other than shipping.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 12:37 PM
Evolving Member

No shipping either. Local pick up. Plus 15% christmas bonus. Slyy is also correct when stateing that any of us UR guys could have gone for a much cheaper exhaust. Some of us are just not fortunate enough to buy everything all at once!
Old Jun 14, 2011, 02:14 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah thats fair enough, not meanin to hate
Old Jun 14, 2011, 02:15 PM

I have the turbo-back resonated on my 09 ralliart. Kind of wish I got the mini-muffler option aswell. Unless you dont mind pissing off your neighbors or setting off car alarms in parking garages I say go all the way and do the turbo-back.