Notices

Big upgrades, some questions.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2011, 04:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Exyia
first prototype was test-fitted, many notes and adjustments were marked and noted (pics in the thread). definitely being very thorough since JTran Studios and I think this is a very critical and potentially dangerous piece if done poorly.
Indeed! And any battery secured with it will have to pass umpteen scrutineers swinging off it before comp events!

Not passing scrotuneering makes you cry.

Rich
Old Jun 5, 2011, 06:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Exyia
AEM Intake: when you install the AMS small battery in it's intended location (from AMS's instructions), the BOX enclosure for the intake won't fit. the intake tube and cone filter will. Bryan@GST has a clear example, as he runs his AEM intake without the box for now

Not to promote myself or my product, but I'm currently working on a small battery bracket to solve this very issue with boxed-intakes (either stock Evo X or aftermarket). Keep an eye on my preview thread if you can wait, otherwise install the AEM intake without the box like Bryan did and wait for my bracket, or move it to the trunk like others have done.
I'm pretty sure AEM just came out with a Ralliart specific intake, so I think you can go that route instead of getting the AEM Evo intake.
Old Jun 5, 2011, 08:42 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^ Yeah they did, but I bought my Evo X version 6 months ago
Plus, I'm going down the Evo X style turbo upgrade so the RA specific intake won't be compatible.
Old Jun 5, 2011, 04:17 PM
Evolving Member

Griffin, for the power you're chasing, you WILL NOT need to replace the injectors. The RA has the same injectors as the Evo X and you can get them well above the power you're chasing with the stock fuel system (See TMR 300 tune for example).
A mate of mines X is pushing out 202kw ATW with the stock injectors no where near their limits.
Only time you're going to need to look at replacing them is if you go for an E85/E-Flex tune.
Old Jun 5, 2011, 06:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Slee256
I'm pretty sure AEM just came out with a Ralliart specific intake, so I think you can go that route instead of getting the AEM Evo intake.
except the OP already has the Evo X intake?

and the OP is swapping to the Evo X turbo so he would need an X-fitting intake anyway?
Old Jun 5, 2011, 06:46 PM
Evolving Member

^ Hi jcm308, that's what I was thinking too. The RA/Evo X injectors are high impedance and 580cc (from memory) and I doubt I'll be pushing them to the limits. I will monitor this at the tune a if I need to go down that path, then so be it

Your mates Evo X is exactly in line with the TMR 270 tune (if the 270 refers to HP at the wheels). My goal is 320 to 340 HP at the wheels (or 253kw atw) so it might be pushing the stock injectors a little more, hopefully still within its limits.

Last edited by Griffin5; Jun 5, 2011 at 09:51 PM.
Old Jun 5, 2011, 06:54 PM
Evolving Member

After all the money you are spending, you might as well upgrade to 800cc or 1000cc injectors for head room.
Old Jun 5, 2011, 07:25 PM

He Griff,

Like many people have said, the stock inectors will be fine with that power, umless you have plans on running e85 you will need to upgrade them, then again you can always use better injectors if your looking for future power.

You should achieve that power easy mate. Who will be the install for you?

i know Creatd motorsports in melbourne will be doing a similar setup to a RA very soon. You should maybe get in contact with them if you need someone who knows that RA very well to tune it for you mate.

Looking forward to your progress.
Old Jun 5, 2011, 09:50 PM
Evolving Member

Hi Nick, thanks mate. Yeah no plans to be running E85 any time soon. This should keep me pretty happy for a while

In regards to the install, happy to discuss through PM. Shoot me a message if you like.

Cheers!
Old Jun 5, 2011, 10:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by npham455
After all the money you are spending, you might as well upgrade to 800cc or 1000cc injectors for head room.
I'm not saying any of this has been cheap but I'd prefer not to spend $450+ on something 'just in case'. If I'm pushing duty cycles above 80 to 85% then I'll strongly consider it.
Old Jun 5, 2011, 10:05 PM

PM'ed you mate
Old Jun 5, 2011, 10:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Griffin5
^ Hi jcm308, that's what I was thinking too. The RA/Evo X injectors are high impedance and 580cc (from memory) and I doubt I'll be pushing them to the limits. I will monitor this at the tune a if I need to go down that path, then so be it

Your mates Evo X is exactly in line with the TMR 270 tune (if the 270 refers to HP at the wheels). My goal is 320 to 340 HP at the wheels (or 253kw atw) so it might be pushing the stock injectors a little more, hopefully still within its limits.
Hi mate,

With the TMR Evo X tunes, the number after the TMR is KW at the flywheel.
TMR 270 = 270kw at the fly, TMR 300 = 300kw at the fly.

Do your sums, and your RA is going to be well within these limits. To give you a little insight to the ATW power from these tunes, my mates Bathurst Edition X with a TMR247 tune is pushing out 201kw atw.
Old Jun 5, 2011, 11:15 PM
Evolving Member

^ That's great to know jcm. Hopefully I'll be just as happy as your mate is
There's a white Bathurst edition that lives just down the road from me, I should take a closer look some time. Great cars!
Old Jun 5, 2011, 11:39 PM
Evolving Member

^^ If you're a member on EvoOz you could come to the next Cronulla meet (when I pull my finger out and organize it lol) and you can probably talk my mate into taking you for a spin in his BE
Old Jun 5, 2011, 11:58 PM
Evolving Member

Ahh very nice Please do let me know if/when you organise it. And yes, I am a member there.

Cheers!

Quick Reply: Big upgrades, some questions.