Notices

ACD fixed...now this?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2011, 01:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ACD fixed...now this?

As some of you may have mentioned about my previous story as stated here....

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09...fo-screen.html

Now that I have received the car as of yesterday. I have noticed that the control icon for the AWC (Tarmac, Gravel, Snow) has blinked like 2 times on separate occasion. But this morning I was on my way to UTI and noticed it blinked like 3 or 4 times on separate occasion again, then it got worse like every 5 to 10 minutes on the way back to home and it has blinked occasionally. I have stopped by the dealer (same place obviously) to discuss this issue. This time I was approaching to a woman, the guy who was there was off today, and it seemed like she had an "b****y" attitude and I can understand how some woman can be like that, so I was cool with it and I asked for the technician to come and explain about the issue.

This is what he is saying..........

"This is normal condition and not showing any malfunctions to any of the programs since the TSB states no repairs are involved, just re-programing and when it blinks, it indicates that the pump is "off". Even if it is normal driving." I have read the paperwork and it states the same story as what the tech was saying. He is a cool guy though.

BUT..for some reason, I feel it is not done right since it continues to blink and it surely annoys the hell out of me seeing it blink while I am driving.

My questions to some of you who already experienced this or even the "better" techs out there that knows our cars better knows that this is normal? Any feedback would greatly be appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Sebastian
Old Jun 24, 2011, 06:27 PM
Evolving Member

Wow...gotten some hits but no response? I guess it is a no big deal then? I was just hoping for some response and I assume no one has had this kind of experience.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 09:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by slyman
Wow...gotten some hits but no response? I guess it is a no big deal then? I was just hoping for some response and I assume no one has had this kind of experience.
I think that you probably could have tried to better summarize your message as it relates to your recent experience which seems to be too much of a cooincidence to not be related, and your message might have had more impact. It also might have generated more interest and replies, and certainly might have been easier to follow.

For the record, in your prior post you could probably have also summarized your experience a little better so it would have been a little easier for readers to follow, and it also might have generated more interest and replies.

I just read through your message and prior post, and just replied. My reply and suggestion might be helpful, but it is your choice. Personally I would be demanding a refund for the prior charges related to a safety recall, and would also be documenting that the stealership apparently just reprogrammed the ECU, and it was not until that reflash that these warning messages began to appear.

Assuming I followed you, if this is a correct sequence of events, then it is just not likley that these warnings suddenly starting after the ECU reflash is simply a cooincidence. I would add that related information to a letter demanding a refund for the charge from the recent safety recall, and of course provide to both Mitsubishi and NHTSA. Good luck.
Old Jun 26, 2011, 12:59 AM

Someone recently posted a link to the tech manual for the tcsst it should have a list of error codes and symbols in it I cant remember the link sorry
Old Jun 26, 2011, 08:00 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RideSober
I think that you probably could have tried to better summarize your message as it relates to your recent experience which seems to be too much of a cooincidence to not be related, and your message might have had more impact. It also might have generated more interest and replies, and certainly might have been easier to follow.

For the record, in your prior post you could probably have also summarized your experience a little better so it would have been a little easier for readers to follow, and it also might have generated more interest and replies.

I just read through your message and prior post, and just replied. My reply and suggestion might be helpful, but it is your choice. Personally I would be demanding a refund for the prior charges related to a safety recall, and would also be documenting that the stealership apparently just reprogrammed the ECU, and it was not until that reflash that these warning messages began to appear.

Assuming I followed you, if this is a correct sequence of events, then it is just not likley that these warnings suddenly starting after the ECU reflash is simply a cooincidence. I would add that related information to a letter demanding a refund for the charge from the recent safety recall, and of course provide to both Mitsubishi and NHTSA. Good luck.
Thanks for your feedback and yes this is the scenario that has happened as stated before the post in another link then this blinking has been annoying me since they did the re-flash and recall stuff. I will be contacting Mitsubishi about this situation. But NHTSA, what this mean? I have not heard of this before, maybe you can explain what this mean. Again thanks for the feedback.
Old Jun 26, 2011, 08:47 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks for your feedback and yes this is the scenario that has happened as stated before the post in another link then this blinking has been annoying me since they did the re-flash and recall stuff. I will be contacting Mitsubishi about this situation. But NHTSA, what this mean? I have not heard of this before, maybe you can explain what this mean. Again thanks for the feedback.
Read the links I gave you in your other thread, the information is very apparent, and is right there for you to follow.
Old Jun 26, 2011, 09:45 AM
Evolving Member

Read the links I gave you in your other thread, the information is very apparent, and is right there for you to follow.

I didn't see this on my other link. Much appreciated!! I will be going to the stealership tomorrow and resolve this issue and have printed it out as well. I kind of knew this was something not right. But once again, thanks for your help and feedback!!
Old Jun 28, 2011, 05:02 PM
Evolving Member

Sorry to tell you, but your ACD pump is most likely dead. Our symptoms seems identical.

Read my story here:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/to...p-failure.html

Last edited by suprPHREAK; Jun 28, 2011 at 05:06 PM.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 01:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by suprPHREAK
Sorry to tell you, but your ACD pump is most likely dead. Our symptoms seems identical.

Read my story here:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/to...p-failure.html

No it is not...if it was, then I would be screwed, well maybe not since I have the aftermarket warranty stuff to protect my car thoroughly anyways. Cuz I know how some stealerships can be.

BTW, sorry if not have gotten back...good news is that I have gotten the loot back for the TSB situation. As far as being re-flashed, the Tarmac, Gravel, and Snow icon for the AWC on the display flashes to indicate that the pump is "off". The reason for this is to distribute fluids at four corners of our wheels. This is the Mitsubishi company says after discussing with them on the phone in Japan with my tech that fixed my car. I bugged the hell out of them until we made the call. That was the final answer. But I am believing that they will re-program once again to remove the annoying flashes but probably not likely going to happen anyways. Hope this helps others. I don't even know if you guys have this flashing. It is normal as long as everything is "red" (2009) and no yellow warning lights on.

Last edited by slyman; Jun 30, 2011 at 01:31 PM.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 01:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The only fluid going to all four wheels is brake fluid. What the heck does that have to do with your center diff?
Old Jun 30, 2011, 01:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Iowa999
The only fluid going to all four wheels is brake fluid. What the heck does that have to do with your center diff?
My bad...I mean to distribute power to the wheels. My mind is off due to crazy time going on at school. Thanks for the correction. Duh me.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 06:08 PM
Evolving Member

BTW, sorry if not have gotten back...good news is that I have gotten the loot back for the TSB situation. .
Cool!

Congratulations and thanks for your posts, but they are still pretty hard to read!
Old Jun 30, 2011, 07:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
thanks for your posts, but they are still pretty hard to read!
Maybe that's why he's going to school.....
Old Jul 1, 2011, 04:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Slee256
Maybe that's why he's going to school.....
If he hasn't figured it out by now, its never going to happen.
Old Sep 10, 2011, 05:22 AM
Evolving Member

No it is not...if it was, then I would be screwed, well maybe not since I have the aftermarket warranty stuff to protect my car thoroughly anyways. Cuz I know how some stealerships can be.

BTW, sorry if not have gotten back...good news is that I have gotten the loot back for the TSB situation. As far as being re-flashed, the Tarmac, Gravel, and Snow icon for the AWC on the display flashes to indicate that the pump is "off". The reason for this is to distribute fluids at four corners of our wheels. This is the Mitsubishi company says after discussing with them on the phone in Japan with my tech that fixed my car. I bugged the hell out of them until we made the call. That was the final answer. But I am believing that they will re-program once again to remove the annoying flashes but probably not likely going to happen anyways. Hope this helps others. I don't even know if you guys have this flashing. It is normal as long as everything is "red" (2009) and no yellow warning lights on.
Thanks for the info man! I am having the same issue, brought the car in a month ago for some recall work as well as getting the S-AWC flash since I was getting the AWC service warning occasionally in some really hot weather. I'm bring her back in this morning to get the rest of the recall work done (they didn't have the fuel line in stock) and wanted to be sure there wasn't something wrong with my drive system.

Man, I know this car is complex, but what kind of crappy programmers does Mitsubishi have working for them? How many ECU re-flashes are out there now? 5-6? Oy, you would never see that w/Honda, just saying...