Notices

Questions Evo x swapped ralliarts chime in

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2011, 08:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hixlancer
arent there battery relocation kits with a sealed box to put them in? Im just trying to figure out the best way to go about this swap as far as intake is concerned. What are the pros and cons of this adapter for using the RA inlet.
never heard of anyone doing that, idk. small batteries are only about $120 though, can't imagine the sealed box is _that_ much cheaper
Old Jul 17, 2011, 09:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
so with the AMS Small Battery kit....I will have the option of running an SRI correct? This is a big headache...ive been scouring the web for days on end about this...
Old Jul 17, 2011, 09:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Exyia
never heard of anyone doing that, idk. small batteries are only about $120 though, can't imagine the sealed box is _that_ much cheaper
The AMS Small battery looks to be 134.99 but then you have to buy the kit to secure it in place...which looks to be another 50 or so...so about 200 said and done...just to make room for an SRI.........lol. Wish there was a way to retain the stock ralliart intake with the EVO X Inlet...
Old Jul 17, 2011, 11:06 PM
Evolved Member

The AMS Small battery looks to be 134.99 but then you have to buy the kit to secure it in place...which looks to be another 50 or so...so about 200 said and done...just to make room for an SRI.........lol. Wish there was a way to retain the stock ralliart intake with the EVO X Inlet...
there's nothing "AMS" about their small battery, so don't buy into their silly marketing gimmick. if you look at the battery bracket preview thread, you'll see the small battery is just a Genesis 16EP. they don't even put an AMS branded top on it anymore

I've seen some around on the web for as low as $100, but avg seems to be around $120ish

say somebody will fab up a connecting piece to match RA intake to X inlet for around $150 - or you could spend the same on small battery and pick-up a used stock X intake for dirt cheap. option 2 allows for a much better flowing intake, and more options for intake upgrades later

you paid for a 4b11t, treat it like one imo. just because you got the "Ralliart" trim of it doesn't mean you should settle for a wimpy part selection. small battery + evo x turbo swap literally opens up your Ralliart to 90% of the Evo X selection; that's the biggest benefit of an X turbo swap over a CBRD RAD imo
Old Jul 18, 2011, 06:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by spider21
I have started the project of moving my sealed battery back into the hatch of my Sportback. Already have 1/0 gauge wire run and looking to make it look as oem as possible under the hood. I think I found all the parts I will need :-)... As for mounting my small battery I am thinking of using the plastic tray that is already there for storage and making a slight modification to make it secure.
PM me your email address man if you don't mind, I've been thinking of doing the same and have already done some reasearch and amp mounting in the space under the rear plastic floor... I'm real interested in what parts you found for the under hood area and where you did your routing.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 08:57 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Exyia
there's nothing "AMS" about their small battery, so don't buy into their silly marketing gimmick. if you look at the battery bracket preview thread, you'll see the small battery is just a Genesis 16EP. they don't even put an AMS branded top on it anymore

I've seen some around on the web for as low as $100, but avg seems to be around $120ish

say somebody will fab up a connecting piece to match RA intake to X inlet for around $150 - or you could spend the same on small battery and pick-up a used stock X intake for dirt cheap. option 2 allows for a much better flowing intake, and more options for intake upgrades later

you paid for a 4b11t, treat it like one imo. just because you got the "Ralliart" trim of it doesn't mean you should settle for a wimpy part selection. small battery + evo x turbo swap literally opens up your Ralliart to 90% of the Evo X selection; that's the biggest benefit of an X turbo swap over a CBRD RAD imo
So basically...if I get a small battery....i will put that where the ra intake box was abd use stock x intake box where the battery used to be? I already have the x intake box etc...this might workout better...if that's what I could do

Last edited by hixlancer; Jul 18, 2011 at 09:08 AM.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 09:10 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Mad_SB
Only real option on the intake with stock battery is the CBRD intake. Chad will have to build one for you. I am waiting on mine, he had it built but had to ship to a vendor or something like that... Mine should be here next week.. I hope.

CBRD I think the maf housing is a little larger than the stock X housing, which is a little larger than the RA housing... It's a good idea to go up in housing size with the larger turbo... especially the DOM.... the RA housing would kill your power on the DOM2.
yours is shipping today

along with that hotside

cb
Old Jul 18, 2011, 09:24 AM
Evolved Member

.... What are the pros and cons of this adapter for using the RA inlet.
The dinky little maf housing... especially if you are going to be running a Dom2 which is a good bit "bigger" than an X turbo.. the RA maf housing is even smaller than a stock X housing. In other words trying to suck a marble through a drinking straw
Old Jul 18, 2011, 09:37 AM
Evolving Member

Sounds like some women I know lol. Anyways...i think I'm going to get a small batterry abd put it where the ra intake box was...and use the stock evo x intake box where the battery was...sound do-able?
Old Jul 18, 2011, 09:44 AM
Evolved Member

So basically...if I get a small battery....i will put that where the ra intake box was abd use stock x intake box where the battery used to be? I already have the x intake box etc...this might workout better...if that's what I could do
with the upcoming bracket, yes that's the goal. Sorry to everyone that it's taking so long. only other option if you really can't wait is relocating to the trunk

I wonder if I started to compile a list of interested and ready buyers, I might be able to rush production on a few - our hand-made prototype is done, just needs to be drafted in a CAD drawing and have a prototype made from that. Maybe if I got an interested list, I could skip that step and produce a _few_ units asap for those that need it?

I don't like to skip steps, but our hand-made prototype fits perfect already, and I'm seeing that some people, understandingly, can't wait anymore

I shall talk to my partners with this project and see if this is something we should/might/can do. If the risk of producing a bad batch of brackets is too high, I wouldn't want to risk people's money/time just because we wanted to rush them out
Old Jul 18, 2011, 09:48 AM
Evolving Member

I would def be interested...i might jimmy it down by the ecu until they are produced...it looks like it will have to be at an angle for the x intake box to fit
Old Jul 19, 2011, 08:15 PM
Evolving Member

Ok so my tune date is August 8th at 6pm at Modified by KC. With the intake/battery setup I have decided to go with a small battery and the stock evo x intake...I think that should workout. Putting the small battery where the ralliart intake is...and the intake where the battery goes on a ralliart. I am thinking about doing a write up and taking pics while doing this. Maybe give people a little more insight on the whole procedure. Ill be swapping it out the weekend before the tune starting on Friday night with PB Blaster. Wish me luck. With a Dom 2, 3" exhaust with no cat, 800cc injectors and X intake...do you think 350 whp is attainable? Thats my goal for this car...to be a 350whp DD. Do you think this intake/battery setup will work? all opinions/suggestions are appreciated!
Old Jul 20, 2011, 09:14 PM
Evolving Member

can you point me in the right direction on finding this genesis small battery? I have been looking for one for days without any luck..thats all I need to get to have everything I need. Hopefully I can jimmy it around the ECU area so i can fit the stock x intake where the ralliart battery used to be. when do you think this bracket will be available? I think ill just have to strap it down until this bracket is released
Old Jul 21, 2011, 04:08 AM
Evolving Member

Think they are getting the Genesis from local battery dealers, otherwise you could check eBay. I personally went with the Braille B2015.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 08:46 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Here are a few reasons we built that intake:

smoother inlet with the bell mouth
no battery relocation (expensive if done RIGHT)
I hate small batteries (they always give you problems in our climate)

and easy peasy

the only drawback is slightly elevated inlet temps- but we saw an increase of 12whp on our car! with the same style intake but on our RA turbo (not the stock X turbo)

cb

Quick Reply: Questions Evo x swapped ralliarts chime in