Notices

Questions Evo x swapped ralliarts chime in

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2011, 09:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Questions Evo x swapped ralliarts chime in

Ok so..the moment has almost arrived. I'm about to swap out the ralliart turbo for the Dom 2. I have a few questions before I do so next weekend.

1. What are the biggest PITAs you faced while swapping out for the evo x turbo?

2. What would you recommend I do in prepping other than PB Blast?

3. Intake is the only issue...I dont want to relocate the battery or get a small battery...winters here get pretty lame. What are my options? I was thinking just a filter after the MAF..im open to any suggestions!

Ive got basically the stock evo x setup..bought all the parts from the list..but I have the Dom 2 instead with DW 800cc injectors, buschur racing dp, and a test pipe im going to order before the weekend, all connected to a UR catback. Hoping to hit 350whp.

I have some know-how with turbos/cars..but was just wondering what the big hangups are you experienced while swapping out the turbos, what would you have done differently etc. etc.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 10:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
done at a shop, sorry no relative information. PITA was my wallet.

grab a few beers and prepare to curse alot

CBRD intake W/ velocity stack. Battery is still in my engine bay, never moved.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 03:16 PM
Evolving Member

Will have plenty of boulevard wheat
Old Jul 15, 2011, 09:24 PM
Evolving Member

Oh cmon! Over 100 views and 1 response!
Old Jul 16, 2011, 09:31 AM
Evolving Member

I would consider moving the battery to the trunk if you had the stoxk evo x intake assembly.

Manifold bolts can be a pain... Try not to round any nuts
Old Jul 16, 2011, 11:43 AM
Evolving Member

I also had a shop installing my X setup. But I got an AMS DP that I installed myself. The bolts were a PITA and there isn't much space to work with. Just take your time and let the PB do it's job.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 01:06 PM
Evolving Member

I do have the stock x intake....but that sounds like a lot more work
Old Jul 16, 2011, 05:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hixlancer
I do have the stock x intake....but that sounds like a lot more work
which is one of the very reasons I thought making a battery bracket was so important for the RA's

it's surprising how much trouble the stock battery size/location causes
Old Jul 17, 2011, 05:42 AM
Evolved Member

Only real option on the intake with stock battery is the CBRD intake. Chad will have to build one for you. I am waiting on mine, he had it built but had to ship to a vendor or something like that... Mine should be here next week.. I hope.

CBRD I think the maf housing is a little larger than the stock X housing, which is a little larger than the RA housing... It's a good idea to go up in housing size with the larger turbo... especially the DOM.... the RA housing would kill your power on the DOM2.
Old Jul 17, 2011, 12:04 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mad_SB
Only real option on the intake with stock battery is the CBRD intake. Chad will have to build one for you. I am waiting on mine, he had it built but had to ship to a vendor or something like that... Mine should be here next week.. I hope.

CBRD I think the maf housing is a little larger than the stock X housing, which is a little larger than the RA housing... It's a good idea to go up in housing size with the larger turbo... especially the DOM.... the RA housing would kill your power on the DOM2.
True.I've got the x maf housing though but this cbrd intake seems to be nice!! Can you tell me how much they charge for it or pm me the price? I might just end up moving battery to trunk abd securing it down....isn't thee a vent in there somewhere for the gas?
Old Jul 17, 2011, 12:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mikesim
I would consider moving the battery to the trunk if you had the stoxk evo x intake assembly.

Manifold bolts can be a pain... Try not to round any nuts
YES, that would work
Old Jul 17, 2011, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hixlancer
True.I've got the x maf housing though but this cbrd intake seems to be nice!! Can you tell me how much they charge for it or pm me the price? I might just end up moving battery to trunk abd securing it down....isn't thee a vent in there somewhere for the gas?
if you're going to put a battery in the trunk, it needs to be sealed. i would not put the regular battery in there
Old Jul 17, 2011, 06:13 PM
Evolving Member

I have started the project of moving my sealed battery back into the hatch of my Sportback. Already have 1/0 gauge wire run and looking to make it look as oem as possible under the hood. I think I found all the parts I will need :-)... As for mounting my small battery I am thinking of using the plastic tray that is already there for storage and making a slight modification to make it secure.
Old Jul 17, 2011, 06:15 PM
Evolving Member

I've seen it mentioned in other X swap threads that RRE makes an adapter for using the stock RA turbo inlet pipe with the X turbo. Seems like the simplest way for those who don't want to relocate the battery or run an open element filter.
Old Jul 17, 2011, 08:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Exyia
if you're going to put a battery in the trunk, it needs to be sealed. i would not put the regular battery in there
arent there battery relocation kits with a sealed box to put them in? Im just trying to figure out the best way to go about this swap as far as intake is concerned. What are the pros and cons of this adapter for using the RA inlet.

Quick Reply: Questions Evo x swapped ralliarts chime in