Notices

Looking To Buy More Complete Basemap

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2011, 10:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking To Buy More Complete Basemap

Hello everyone!

New here!! Been checking the forums out for awhile but decided to join.

I'm looking to buy someone's basemap/map for my 2011 Ralliart (US/Canada) that's a bit more complete than the GST basemap offered. I currently have the GST V2.6 93 oct + boost pill on. Really great but I want to amp it up.

I've bought a bunch of piecesover the last few months but haven't installed them yet. Looking for a better starting point. Here's what I have so far:

UR Long Downpipe
UR High Flow Ceramic Cat
High Flow Panel filter
UR Boost pill (already installed with v2.6 flash)
EvoX FMIC
UR Intercooler piping (upper and lower 2 pipe)
EvoX BPV

If anyone has something that's along these lines, I'd be happy to work something out.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 11:01 AM
Evolved Member

Yo! I'm from Montreal too Go check out clubmitsubishiquebec.com and check out the meets. I think there's a couple in the next few weeks...you should come by.

As for tuning, COBB is supposed to be releasing new maps but not sure what....they're kind of unclear. I more or less am looking to do the same thing as you. You could maybe contact Bryan directly (guy who made the GST maps). Maybe he has something close to what you're looking for or can work something out.

Good luck! Take it easy.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 11:05 AM

Thanks! I have heard of this site...I'll check it out.

I'm acutally to look to tune myself a bit. I think I want to try it and have read/watched enough stuff to have a good idea of what to do.

I just wanted to see if someone had something a little more complete or close to the mods I have above listed to start from since it's my first time.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 11:10 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jasoob
Yo! I'm from Montreal too Go check out clubmitsubishiquebec.com and check out the meets. I think there's a couple in the next few weeks...you should come by.

As for tuning, COBB is supposed to be releasing new maps but not sure what....they're kind of unclear. I more or less am looking to do the same thing as you. You could maybe contact Bryan directly (guy who made the GST maps). Maybe he has something close to what you're looking for or can work something out.

Good luck! Take it easy.

Cobb have been promising new maps for months. I would not count on COBB for anything. They usually tell you that they are working on new maps if you tell them that you are looking to buy AP. Once you buy AP its a different story.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 11:13 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Apparently they're waiting for their dyno to be setup at their SoCal location to test the new tunes.

You can buy the AP, log with it, send the logs to their ETune dept. and they'll tune it like that. It's just a more expensive route than doing the EvoScan/Tactrix/EcuFlash route. I guess the only benefit is having the multiple tunes stored in the AP to switch back and forth (instead of having to use a laptop every time you want to switch it).
Old Aug 24, 2011, 11:14 AM
Evolved Member

Actually, I'm in need of a tune too for almost the identical things Ralliart MTL is doing...I wonder if Bryan has anything. I'm going to send him a PM.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 05:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
I've been bashing away on my RA tune for 9-10 months now, learning as much as possible. I started with GST tune. I have the following installed:
  • Innovate LC-1
  • AMS Boost pill
  • EvoX FMIC
  • EvoX Intercooler piping (upper and lower 2 pipe)
  • EvoX BPV
I've applied a few patch changes to my AUDM/EDM ROM too, after getting into the disassembly side a bit - stuff like PSI-based boost control.

You said you wanted to get into this from a self-tuning point of view, so it seems you're more keen on learning/doing than just paying someone for an etune. I'd be happy to share what I've learned so far. Free, of course.

If, at any point in your tuning, you decide you want to go pro-etuning instead, I'm sure one of the experts in the field will be able to do wonders.

A few things that come to mind regarding taking the tune "further" than GST Base Maps...

Boost control. This area can eat up lots of time! There are a number of different ways of approaching it. I've heard a 3-port gives better results, but I've chosen to stick with factory BCS setup for now. ROM patches for PSI-based boost control make life easier on the boost target front. I can help you with defs, if you want.

Fuel Tuning. With a wideband installed, you can revise the mixtures to suit. You'll need to decide if you're going to retain any kind of lean-spool "progressive enrichment", or disable it. If retaining, you'll need to revise the "Lean Spool Stop RPM" so it doesn't just go full-rich "straight to the map" as you pass 6400rpm. I've got mixtures leaned out from GST, with reduced lean-spool adjustment. I'm still richer than most "pro" tunes, though - 11.1:1 at WOT, once lean-spool has fully unwound. On the street, with lean-spool fully adjusting, that's more like 11.5:1... and it's running very nicely indeed.

Timing. Bryan's timing won't need much revising - his high octane spark work is a brilliant base map to work from. I've generally retarded by a degree or two after revising my fuel mixtures. I'd advise against "only" road-tuning spark via knocksum-watching... a bit of track/skidpan driving is better as a litmus test! Pay particular attention to mid-rpm spool-up areas of the map.

MAP Tables. Smoothing the stock 3xMAP tables is apparently recommended. I've got smoothed tables, and haven't had any trouble as a result... but I think there's more to be done on aligning MAP load and MAF load. I'm always learning more! If you're going to smooth these tables, do it first, and then tune from there. That way, you won't mess up all your prior work by modifying the load calcs...

Is this the kind of thing you're after?

I'd be happy to post up more info about PSI-based boost control extensions to GST Base Map, my fuel curve (for what it's worth), my revised timing, etc. How about I collate this stuff and slap it up in my "Aussie RA - tweaking and tuning" thread? That thread is a good dustbin to keep most of my rubbish in one place!

Rich
Old Aug 25, 2011, 06:27 AM
Evolved Member

Rich,
Awesome post. I read your entire Aussie RA tuning thread. Really great stuff. If I go down that path, I'll definitely be in contact with you. All the advice/help is much appreciated.

As for Cobb tuning story...

I complained on Cobb's Facebook page the other day about their false promises (they said the 2011 RA/EvoX maps would be out in March....they were JUST released with no additional maps). I kind of like like wtf is going here? They actually wrote back with some pretty positive stuff. They asked what are some common mods people are doing so they could work on the additional RA maps.

I basically said, exhaust (at least downpipe/cat), high flow panel filter, boost pill, EvoX FMIC + at least UICP (I plan on putting both UICP and LICP).

I'll see what they say, hopefully we can get something more out of Cobb.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 04:06 PM
Evolved Member

I just wish they would fix the issue with their stage 2 maps for some 09s. I hit 18-19psi with stage 1, only hit 15psi with stage 2. Running full turbo back. Cobb still tells me its a mechanical issue, but my logs look decent. Anyone else have this issue that I havent already spoke with? Cobb was asking what mods people were running for new maps last year, lame.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 07:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SOG RA
I just wish they would fix the issue with their stage 2 maps for some 09s. I hit 18-19psi with stage 1, only hit 15psi with stage 2. Running full turbo back. Cobb still tells me its a mechanical issue, but my logs look decent. Anyone else have this issue that I havent already spoke with? Cobb was asking what mods people were running for new maps last year, lame.
That sucks! No idea. Sounds like a cop-out by them.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 11:54 PM
Evolving Member

PM razorlab and ask him how much $$ to make you some amazing maps.

DONE AND DONE