Notices

My top 3 turboback choices - I need your input!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2011, 04:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My top 3 turboback choices - I need your input!

I've narrowed my top 3 turbo-back choices down to CP-E, UR, and TurboXS.
Would the cost savings of buying the TurboXS be worth it?
How loud is the UR turbo-back in its quietest form? (cat-back with resonated midpipe and mini-muffler and ceramic high flow cat for best noise reduction)
Is ground clearance an issue with the CP-E exhaust? It seems to hang significantly lower than the aforementioned exhausts.
I need your input! Thanks.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 04:22 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 191 Likes on 135 Posts
Why restrict your exhaust? I wouldnt go with any of them, but thats just me. If your gonna drive a turbo car get an exhaust that has absolutely no restrictions and as little bends as possible. I mean Idk what your laws are in NY but resonated this and mini that just sounds like a bunch of restrictions. I know in MI I don't have emissions, so I have no need for a cat or anything else. If your looking for a quieter exhaust I know Buschur makes one with 2 mulfflers or something like that and its very very quiet for what I remember. I like the Jun Bl myself which was my first choice, but car came with a Buschur exhaust so why pay for another one ya know.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 04:24 PM
Evolving Member

My DC Sports catback is extremely quiet, just a touch louder than stock unless you really get on it.

I wouldnt suggest it though, my fitment is BRUTAL. The resonator hits the drivesahft creating a tinging noise. Brought the car to an exhaust shop and they adjust all the hangers, still rubs the drivesahft from time to time. The Exhaust is also 2.75" not full 3".

Hopefully when I add my test pipe I can work a little magic and create .5" away from the driveshaft. Otherwise i'm going to be forced to heat up the exhaust and bend it

Last edited by p1llar; Aug 29, 2011 at 04:27 PM.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 06:09 PM
Evolving Member

I have my car lowered on Swift springs with the CP-e catback (didn't install the downpipe or hi flo yet) and I don't have any issues with the exhaust scraping the ground. The only issue I have with it is adjusting the left-side exhaust to get it even with the right side. If you have someone helping you, this shouldn't be an issue.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 06:45 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The UR exhaust is LOUD, even in it's quietest form, as it currently stands.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 07:31 AM
Evolved Member

NFS, aren't you working on an exhaust for your product line
Old Aug 30, 2011, 07:33 AM
Evolving Member

CP-E is pretty damn loud too with the test pipe. It definitely has quieted down after initially installing it, but it can rattle against the drive shaft if you don't adjust the hangers. CP-E or UR has to be the only choices of the 3, I wouldn't consider any TurboXS parts.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 10:08 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
UR isnt quiet but i love the sound of my car with it on so i would suggest UR
Old Aug 30, 2011, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by p1llar
My DC Sports catback is extremely quiet, just a touch louder than stock unless you really get on it.

I wouldnt suggest it though, my fitment is BRUTAL. The resonator hits the drivesahft creating a tinging noise. Brought the car to an exhaust shop and they adjust all the hangers, still rubs the drivesahft from time to time. The Exhaust is also 2.75" not full 3".

Hopefully when I add my test pipe I can work a little magic and create .5" away from the driveshaft. Otherwise i'm going to be forced to heat up the exhaust and bend it
i know this is off topic but i love my DC sports exhaust..but i was running into the same problem as you just removed one of the rubber hanger dropped the exahust just enough so it doesnt rub anymore and is still be held inplace. Have had it like this for about 4 months now and have had zero problems
Old Aug 30, 2011, 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

I have UR and people say that it sounds good. If you want message me and i can make you a video or something
Old Aug 30, 2011, 11:46 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jasoob
NFS, aren't you working on an exhaust for your product line
...he could straight pipe it to a Vibrant muffler, sell it for $50 less than AMS and call it a day

My jaw hit the floor when I found out that the AMS exhausts are fabricated out of Vibrant parts (obviously they've done the welding and bending themselves, but that's something I could get done at a good muffler shop for a fraction of the price).
Old Aug 30, 2011, 05:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
UR is the loudest, but CP-E runs smoother with less rasp. Skip the TurboXS
Old Sep 3, 2011, 04:09 PM
Evolving Member

I LOVE my UR exhaust and its only a catback right now. i have the midpipe with the mini muffler and its not too loud, but not too quiet. It has a nice growl at the low end and sounds pretty sweet at WOT. Can't wait to finish it up.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 03:22 PM

The DC Sport sounds pretty nice with my UR Downpipe and HFC. Its a bit quiet stock but people will hear you coming with the DP and HFC.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 04:27 AM

Not sure why there's so much hate for the TurboXS. I guess nobody can accept that somebody can make as good of a product for less $? Oh well... I've had no issues and wouldn't pay a penny more for anybody else's product.

Quick Reply: My top 3 turboback choices - I need your input!