Notices

Waistgate and BOV

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2012, 06:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Waistgate and BOV

I believe the 09 and up rally art lancer has an external waistgate whats the best size waistegate to upgrade to or would it be best to keep the stock one since im keeping the stock turbo and to just get a bost controller for it? And whats the best BOV to purchase and size?
Old Jan 7, 2012, 02:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by My Rally Art
I believe the 09 and up rally art lancer has an external waistgate whats the best size waistegate to upgrade to or would it be best to keep the stock one since im keeping the stock turbo and to just get a bost controller for it? And whats the best BOV to purchase and size?

Ralliart
boost
wastegate
Old Jan 7, 2012, 03:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Why would you upgrade the wastegate while keeping the stock turbo? What do you want to upgrade the BPV for? You don't make power "upgrading" either. They're done out of necessity like upgrading injectors. You get a different wastegate because you have a different turbo, typically, and you change the BPV when you're running enough boost that the stocker can't keep up, or you want the sound.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 04:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jechttt
Ralliart
boost
wastegate
Lmao
Old Jan 7, 2012, 04:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jechttt
Ralliart
boost
wastegate
I'm suprised how many people misspell Ralliart, I mean its right there on the car, the window sticker, the owner's manual, and the service booklet.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 05:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jkennedy293
I'm suprised how many people misspell Ralliart, I mean its right there on the car, the window sticker, the owner's manual, and the service booklet.
Lol first time I saw it I called it a ralli rat
Old Jan 7, 2012, 07:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by adog
Lol first time I saw it I called it a ralli rat
Lol. I used to own a Dodge Stratus coupe. Dodge put "STRATUS" along the back in cromish block letters. The font was so blocky and shiny that the R and A looked almost the same. After two years of owning the car I would still look at the back and think it said "STARTUS." What a horrible badging job by Dodge.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 03:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ambystom01
Why would you upgrade the wastegate while keeping the stock turbo? What do you want to upgrade the BPV for? You don't make power "upgrading" either. They're done out of necessity like upgrading injectors. You get a different wastegate because you have a different turbo, typically, and you change the BPV when you're running enough boost that the stocker can't keep up, or you want the sound.

Stock, plastic, RA bpv leaks, even after a conservative tune using the stock turbo; upgrade to an EvoX or IX metal OEM bpv is the best choice for mild applications.

Wastegate is not external, as was suggested in op, but the actuator is what most people swap out (which is probably what is being asked) to try and hold boost slightly longer, or spool a hair quicker. Not necessarily useful for the majority of people running the stock turbo since the improvement is minimal, at best.