Notices

Build plans for my RA/x conversion.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2012, 10:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sstevojr
+1
I have ~350wtq; WOT is WOT shifting wise, but partial throttle/partial boost shifting can be a bit 'grabby', something you have to get used to.
grabby? Still okay for the clutches?
Old Jan 28, 2012, 10:01 AM
Evolved Member

Also I believe there is one person with an evo x swap that broke into 11s? Anyone know what or who im talking about?
Old Jan 28, 2012, 10:22 AM
Evolving Member

Can't run E85.. Just too inconvenient to find the station around here. Clutch packs if I have too. Still got to get the FP upgrade witch raises a question. Has anyone bought the internal parts from FP and built thier own "FP green" .. Because I've rebuilt a turbo before for a 3126 cat engine and it's pretty much the same. And what's the turn around for sending it in?

And thanks for all the info, I can't wait to star getting all the parts and get this build going!!
Old Jan 28, 2012, 12:05 PM
Evolved Member

Good luck! I plan on doing the evo x swap this spring
Old Jan 28, 2012, 03:01 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AWDralliart09
Can't run E85.. Just too inconvenient to find the station around here. Clutch packs if I have too. Still got to get the FP upgrade witch raises a question. Has anyone bought the internal parts from FP and built thier own "FP green" .. Because I've rebuilt a turbo before for a 3126 cat engine and it's pretty much the same. And what's the turn around for sending it in?

And thanks for all the info, I can't wait to star getting all the parts and get this build going!!
How about this.. I think you should get an ef2 from my personal past customer service experience I will never be buying a turbo from them again. MAP has astounding customer service and will be there for you the whole way through your build.

Sorry to say you can't build your own turbo there is actually allot of machining involved
Old Jan 28, 2012, 03:09 PM
Evolved Member

There are 'some' wheels available on ebay, but nothing worth while. All the FP, EF, etc require machining of the housing (more airflow).
Old Jan 28, 2012, 03:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
how about a widemouth downpipe
Old Jan 28, 2012, 03:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sstevojr
+1
but partial throttle/partial boost shifting can be a bit 'grabby', something you have to get used to.
Mine does this. Just a more aggressive shift.

Originally Posted by pbassist12
Also I believe there is one person with an evo x swap that broke into 11s? Anyone know what or who im talking about?
hotshot1
Old Jan 28, 2012, 08:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by hotshot1
How about this.. I think you should get an ef2 from my personal past customer service experience I will never be buying a turbo from them again. MAP has astounding customer service and will be there for you the whole way through your build.

Sorry to say you can't build your own turbo there is actually allot of machining involved

I was just considering building myself because they sell the machined compressor housing they use in the green, red and black turbos. That's the only machined part on the turbo, and if u can buy the bigger compressor wheels it just MIT be a little cheaper to do myself. But I just looked at the MAP turbo and those look very interesting. Thanks for the heads up! Appreciate the help!
Old Jan 28, 2012, 10:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey what did you use for the battery relocation?? anything specific, kit wise? also what tranny cooler do you recomend,, ams makes one?? as far as the EBC do you think I'll be messing with boost alot?? do you turn yours down for daily driving and back up for that corvette getting brave in the highway?? never used one before.
Battery relocation, I just did myself. There are some kits out there that are decent. As for the tranny cooler id say either the AMS one or the new dual Mitismoto one thats spose to be coming out. I like the EBC because it controls the boost a lot better and i do not ever change my boost. I just dont drive full throttle all the time so i dont worry about changing it... lol
Old Jan 29, 2012, 09:52 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by badreligi0n
Battery relocation, I just did myself. There are some kits out there that are decent. As for the tranny cooler id say either the AMS one or the new dual Mitismoto one thats spose to be coming out. I like the EBC because it controls the boost a lot better and i do not ever change my boost. I just dont drive full throttle all the time so i dont worry about changing it... lol
I was thinking of doing that soon but I don't know where to start, do you have any pics of where u put the battery and ran the cables? EBC, are you running the grimmspeed solenoid and a gauge style controller?
Old Jan 29, 2012, 10:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by omegis
Mine does this. Just a more aggressive shift.

hotshot1
yeah hotshot1 and i think it was ralliart26
Old Jan 30, 2012, 09:49 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by hotshot1

Hotshot1, your totally right about FP.. I just spoke with both and the guys at FP were like "yah we can get you your turbo back in about..... hold on a sec............. um 3 to 4 weeks.... YOU KIDDING ME... SO then I called MAP and they were really friendly, answered all my questions and said I'd get my turbo back in 1 1/2 weeks!!! SWEET definitely going with ef2.. Thanks Hotshot1..
Old Feb 29, 2012, 04:59 PM
Evolving Member

All done

Well the build was not without it's complications!! Biggest set backs were fact that after the turbo was on my stock ra intake would not fit at all, but happened to pick a intake from ETS on my way to English racing.

So at the Dino we were able to pull 385whp.. Very very satisfied!!
Old Feb 29, 2012, 05:47 PM
Evolving Member

Well the build was not without it's complications!! Biggest set backs were fact that after the turbo was on my stock ra intake would not fit at all, but happened to pick a intake from ETS on my way to English racing.

So at the Dino we were able to pull 385whp.. Very very satisfied!!
Awesome thanks for the update. What turbo did you go with? Any reason for the big gap in hp/tq?

Quick Reply: Build plans for my RA/x conversion.