Notices

Build plans for my RA/x conversion.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2012, 10:26 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Build plans for my RA/x conversion.

So I have an 09 Ralliart and PROUD of it!! And no one told me or even warned me when I bought this car that the chances of catching the "mod bug" was forthcoming. Now fully infected and at the peak stages of this contagious money soaking virus I am ordering parts like its the last one on the shelf, with no stop in sight. What I want is 350 awhp with reliabilty, and performance being to most important underlying factors of this build. So here is what I plan to do.. so far.. any ideas are greatly appreciated. Keep in mind that after the engine upgrades then I want suspension and styling.

1. Stock evo x turbo / send out for FP Green upgread.
2. ETS fmic and upper/ lower piping /
3. Stock x BOV
4. ETS down pipe and high flow cat (probibly buy used)
5. Short ram intake (build myself)
6. High feed oil hose (from FP )
7. Stock x exhaust manifold (ported)
8. manual boost control ( need suggestions)
9. A pillar gauge pod,
10. AEM guages boost, AFR, oil temp/pressur,
may go with zeitronix DashDAQ
11. wide band afr
12. Custom tune by English racing, or drift office in auburn washington.

Do all the install myself with the help of some very informative threads in this forum, thanks to all of those who have shared thier experiences. And I plan on posting a new thread with pics, while I do my install.

So this is pretty much what I have planned. I could use some suggestions from your experiences and expertise. Let me know what you think of the list and anything I need to add. Thanks
Old Jan 27, 2012, 10:30 AM
Evolving Member

most likely need injectors, fuel pump as well. probobly nothing serious, some 800cc's on pump will be more then enough. and 255 pump will work.

scratch the cat and just do a test pipe. if you can fab your self, buy some 2 bolt flanges and make one your self.

as far as mbc, hallman works.

this setup should defineitly make over 350whp. im not sure about transmition/clutch pack upgrades though. im not really familiar with the sst
Old Jan 27, 2012, 11:48 AM
Evolved Member

The SST is hitting its limit around 350 torques so be careful, or aad in a clutch upgrade from SSP.ASP
Old Jan 27, 2012, 12:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yea, look at my signature for what I have done to my car to get to 340/340 (Im also on E85 and not fully tuned for power because of the tranny). If you go with the FP Green id say get a tranny cooler, make sure to change your tranny fluid, also atleast an 18psi wastegate and go with 800cc injectors walbro 255 and get a gas tune. Id also suggest a Grimmspeed Electronic boost controller, but that's down to your preference i guess.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 02:46 PM
Evolving Member

keep the evo x turbo no sense getting a green if your only shooting for 350. run e85 on the stock evo turbo and you should see about 350/350 with great reliability

and you would be better off with a 3port bcs than a manual boost controller
Old Jan 27, 2012, 03:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Snake bite
most likely need injectors, fuel pump as well. probobly nothing serious, some 800cc's on pump will be more then enough. and 255 pump will work.

scratch the cat and just do a test pipe. if you can fab your self, buy some 2 bolt flanges and make one your self.

as far as mbc, hallman works.

this setup should defineitly make over 350whp. im not sure about transmition/clutch pack upgrades though. im not really familiar with the sst

Why scratch the cats though.. I was just thinking of emissions is all. Besides those high flow cats are spendy.. scatch them if possible.. good idea on the injectors and pump!! thanks
Old Jan 27, 2012, 03:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jkennedy293
The SST is hitting its limit around 350 torques so be careful, or aad in a clutch upgrade from SSP.ASP

I have no problem getting the clutch pacs but when I went to ssp website I couldnt find them for sale.. I'll check again maybe i was missing it....
Old Jan 27, 2012, 03:15 PM
Evolving Member

The reason for the FP green is because I spoke with the guy from english racing and he said that to obtain 350 at the wheels I need to upgrade from stock because the SST soaks up 15% power.. So the best I can do with stock is around 300... he suggested the FP green...
Old Jan 27, 2012, 03:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by badreligi0n
Yea, look at my signature for what I have done to my car to get to 340/340 (Im also on E85 and not fully tuned for power because of the tranny). If you go with the FP Green id say get a tranny cooler, make sure to change your tranny fluid, also atleast an 18psi wastegate and go with 800cc injectors walbro 255 and get a gas tune. Id also suggest a Grimmspeed Electronic boost controller, but that's down to your preference i guess.

Hey what did you use for the battery relocation?? anything specific, kit wise? also what tranny cooler do you recomend,, ams makes one?? as far as the EBC do you think I'll be messing with boost alot?? do you turn yours down for daily driving and back up for that corvette getting brave in the highway?? never used one before.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 03:38 PM
Evolving Member

Summit racing makes an all-in-one battery relocation kit.

Cost-effective trans cooler:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09...ml#post9266816

Go ebcs to hold boost a little better to redline. Outside of that, the ecbs is transparent since the ECU does most of the work fine. I chose Grimmspeed based on reviews but there are others available.

On a Dynojet, you can get very close to 350 but it's lower on a heartbreaker Mustang. Base it more off of, "Do I want an 11 second or 12 second car?" (my subjective opinion) Hotshot found 11s with a Green, many stock X turbo swapped RAs have no trouble sitting in the 12s.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 04:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by omegis
Summit racing makes an all-in-one battery relocation kit.

Cost-effective trans cooler:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09...ml#post9266816

Go ebcs to hold boost a little better to redline. Outside of that, the ecbs is transparent since the ECU does most of the work fine. I chose Grimmspeed based on reviews but there are others available.

On a Dynojet, you can get very close to 350 but it's lower on a heartbreaker Mustang. Base it more off of, "Do I want an 11 second or 12 second car?" (my subjective opinion) Hotshot found 11s with a Green, many stock X turbo swapped RAs have no trouble sitting in the 12s.

SWEET thanks you!! and to answer your question. 11 for sure. I havent heard of anyone in my area having 11 second RA, (could be wronge) I sure would like to be the first, if not.. than at least among them. Will check out that Grimmspeed soon, and the injectors, any suggestions on brand. hearing mixed reviews on the DW.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 04:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AWDralliart09
And the injectors, any suggestions on brand. hearing mixed reviews on the DW.
Injector Dynamics
Old Jan 28, 2012, 04:13 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by omegis
injector dynamics
+1
Old Jan 28, 2012, 04:24 AM
Evolving Member

You definitely do not need to upgrade your clutch packs, I am still on the stock ones and they work just fine. Are they slipping? yes but they were made to slip. One thing I can say is stay away from 360tq unless you don't mind a little bit different transmission shifting attitude.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 09:42 AM
Evolved Member

One thing I can say is stay away from 360tq unless you don't mind a little bit different transmission shifting attitude.
+1
I have ~350wtq; WOT is WOT shifting wise, but partial throttle/partial boost shifting can be a bit 'grabby', something you have to get used to.

Quick Reply: Build plans for my RA/x conversion.