Notices

2011 Candian ecu rom

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2012, 04:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
does it uses some special hardware or only a laptop is necessary? What is the name of the device?

thanx

Mart

Originally Posted by EyeDreamt
It's essentially a very ve

ry stripped down, locked down version of the MUT-III software. For use by repair shops.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 04:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Hey Rich, just curious if you can share that same info with me. I just flashed my car using the Pass Thru CAN stuff from Mitsu and this is my new ROM ID. I know I can go back to my old one, but would kind of like to have the update that Mitsu put out as it has to do with timing chain elongation, etc.
That ROM (56940013) is available in razorlab's stash of factory ROMs.

Rich
Old Sep 18, 2012, 08:04 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Daluv
does it uses some special hardware or only a laptop is necessary? What is the name of the device?

thanx

Mart
The OpenPort 2.0 works with Pass Thru CAN. My XP Laptop is what I installed it on.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 08:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by richardjh
That ROM (56940013) is available in razorlab's stash of factory ROMs.

Rich
You don't happen to have ECU Flash definitions for this ROM ID do you? I know 56940010 is defined off of 56940009, so perhaps 56940013 could be too?

Edit: Answered my own question... some tables are the same, and some are different.

Last edited by EyeDreamt; Sep 18, 2012 at 08:15 AM.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 08:10 AM

You are basically that there is some mitsu software that is working with Pass Thru CAN? What the name of the software and where can it be found?

thanx!

Mart

The OpenPort 2.0 works with Pass Thru CAN. My XP Laptop is what I installed it on.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 08:19 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Love how this thread contains two completely different topics now. Remember people, the CAN in pass-thru can does not mean CANADA......however I am super interested in this idea of the tactrix working with some software that will talk to the TCU.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 10:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Daluv
You are basically that there is some mitsu software that is working with Pass Thru CAN? What the name of the software and where can it be found?

thanx!

Mart

The name of the software is "Pass Thru CAN" and it is on Mitsubishi tech Info. It works with the OpenPort 2.0. I'm assuming it will flash the TCU if it has a need to, but I don't have a car that needs it to confirm.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 10:19 PM
Evolving Member

I downloaded the software and it will read the ECU using a tactrix, however that is all it will do. I think you need the update that tells it to flash your car. We have a TSB for a couple of things, so if anyone out there has access to these files, that would be great, maybe we can trick the program to let us in, then flash the CFF file. Who knows, easiest method is still finding a MUT3.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TurtleRA
I downloaded the software and it will read the ECU using a tactrix, however that is all it will do. I think you need the update that tells it to flash your car. We have a TSB for a couple of things, so if anyone out there has access to these files, that would be great, maybe we can trick the program to let us in, then flash the CFF file. Who knows, easiest method is still finding a MUT3.
Gotta pay the $20 to search for any updates and then install the update to pass thru can... but it will only flash the file you download from their site, no other. I was thinking maybe i could trick it, but I'd need it to flash the transmission (TCM) to be able to sniff that and trick it to do that, not the ECM. And thats where I'm at, need a car with an available update on their site for a TCM flash... maybe a 2008 MR will have one... and there is a dealer up the road with one... may have to take it for a test drive... lol
Old Sep 19, 2012, 11:08 AM
Evolving Member

Gotta pay the $20 to search for any updates and then install the update to pass thru can... but it will only flash the file you download from their site, no other. I was thinking maybe i could trick it, but I'd need it to flash the transmission (TCM) to be able to sniff that and trick it to do that, not the ECM. And thats where I'm at, need a car with an available update on their site for a TCM flash... maybe a 2008 MR will have one... and there is a dealer up the road with one... may have to take it for a test drive... lol
I got to the same point, but would then say not connected to the ecu. Going to try the cbf file from the mut3 software, see if that works. Can't you just search using hardware info. So if you knew that for a 2008 and a VIN then that might work. I did flash my ecu with it, but soon as I re flash Gst map, it reports old software number. Will report back if the other cbf file works.