Notices

Traction control problems

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2012, 06:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Traction control problems

So, I have an 09 RalliArt and I found out a few weeks after I bought it that I needed to replace 2 tie rod ends and a bearing. I work at a shop, did the work there, threw it on the alignment rack, and set toe to Lancer specs (Because we don't have RalliArt specs on our Hunter machine yet). I have put about 800 miles on the car since I did that and all of the sudden, starting yesterday, I have been having traction control problems and ABS problems. My ABS light has been coming on and shutting off my ASC and sometimes when I am moving from a dead stop, my traction control will kick on (when the ABS light isn't lit), and it will completely stop my car from accelerating.

I put Motus on it at work and it kicked an ABS code of C1035, which is a code about the right rear wheel. That is the bearing I replaced. I searched on Mitchell and it informed me that I have to re-calibrate the car when I replace a bearing (or at least that's what I gathered from what I read). My question is, does anyone know if the traction control problem would be the symptoms caused by this and if I had the dealer do a full alignment and calibration after, should this fix my problems I'm having. If not, would that bearing need to be replaced again and is there a parts warranty on it since it's only been about 2 weeks since I bought it.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 07:42 AM
Evolving Member

You bought it used from a dealer? Bring it back and have them fix it.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 11:36 AM
Evolving Member

Not having looked at the bearing in question, is the sensor a separate unit?
Did you torque the axle nut to spec?
Is there debris on the sensor?
How about the ABS ring, is it cracked?
Have you scoped the sensor?
Have you checked the harness?
Did you follow the diagnostic procedure on Mitchell?

This is what Mitchell says about recalibration,
When the hydraulic unit (integrated with ASC-ECU) is replaced, always carry out the calibration of the steering wheel sensor, the G and yaw rate sensor and brake fluid pressure sensor
Also what is a Motus? do you mean the Snap-On Modus?

Last edited by stfuad; Feb 24, 2012 at 11:39 AM.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 09:06 PM

Yeah, sorry. I was typing fast and misspelled it. That is what Mitchell said. I miss read it. It seems the wheel speed sensor in the new one is ****. I bought it used from a dealer that only had a 30 day warranty. Not a problem from me to fix it. Just sucks going to the dealer cause the closest one is almost 40 miles (I live in the country lol).