Notices

Ralliart x specs n parts

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2012, 06:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ralliart x specs n parts

Well hello there, ive been wanting to make an awd focus for a long time, I havent come across a simple swap keeping the stock engine, so ive been thinking about using the engine, trans, differentials etc from another car. Ive been thibking about using subaru parts, but they are very very rare here in mexico. So i think the best option is using lancer parts. the thing is I have never seen a ralliart here, only regular lancers and older evos, (I think the only awd ralliart is the x gen, correct me if im wrong) so I think importing the neccesary parts from usa is best. I dont know nothing abou the ralliart´s specs and parts so if someone here could point me in the right direction would be excellent.
If someone is willing to help it will be much appreciated.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 06:23 PM
Evolved Member

The drivetrain on the RA is pretty much the same on the Evo X. The tranny is a DCT, and they are pretty expensive, so I would just look for a donor Evo ith a 5-speed for your project.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 06:38 PM

the only evos are like 8 n 9 gen ones, and they are incredibly expensive here since they were like imported everytime u paid for one, they werent in stock :/, I could also search for a crasehd 78or 9th gen evo craiglist n sites like those n just get the drivetrain
about the dual clutch transmission anyone knws if there is like a manual online to see its parts?
thx a lot
Old Apr 2, 2012, 07:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
The Ralliart is a big computer network - with bonus mechanical parts thrown in to make it go down the road.

I'm not sure it's the ideal choice for an AWD donor. Honestly, if you're talking Mitsu, one of the really early Evos would probably be more suited. Or even the non-Evo AWD models.

You'd surely want to keep it as simple and "mechanically oriented" as possible... without all the IT shenanigans!

Rich
Old Apr 3, 2012, 10:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Consider one of the JDM/EDM Mazda Proteges in AWD. Good platform - and should be much cheaper for you (than an EVO )
Old Apr 3, 2012, 02:36 PM
Evolved Member

Well hello there, ive been wanting to make an awd focus for a long time, I havent come across a simple swap keeping the stock engine, so ive been thinking about using the engine, trans, differentials etc from another car.
So you want a Mitsu w/ a Focus shell? Why?
Old Apr 3, 2012, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by Veronica
Consider one of the JDM/EDM Mazda Proteges in AWD. Good platform - and should be much cheaper for you (than an EVO )
The problem with this, is that the mazda protege isnt a car that was imported here, so getting parts if it brokes down would be impossible, i think the lancer ralliart would be teh best donor car because regular lancers are avaliable here and as far as i know ralliart and regular fwd lancers have the same engine

I wouldnt use an older evo as a donor car, It would be awful to destroy such machines

you are right richard, I would preffer mechanical diffs cause less problems,
Are mechanical differentials swap s avliable for the lancer? i mean I change the electric and the ayc systems for just a simple mechanical 1.0 or 1.5 diff. If someone has a clue about this would be excellent

and i want an AWD focus because of reasons
Old Apr 3, 2012, 11:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by dagger.
regular lancers are avaliable here and as far as i know ralliart and regular fwd lancers have the same engine
No, I'm afraid they don't...

I've seen a number of insane/wonderful/inspired AWD conversions, and the ones that worked were:

(a) mechanically very simple
(b) used a reasonably common donor vehicle

A Ralliart Lancer is neither - it's complex, and it's pretty rare. The presence of the TC-SST alone should make you choose something else, as it's all integrated with the networked engine management.

Don't take this the wrong way, dagger, but I'm bailing out of this thread now. Good luck with your AWD Focus project - I hope you find a suitable donor vehicle!

Rich

Last edited by richardjh; Apr 3, 2012 at 11:19 PM.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 07:59 AM

yes, after all i think the awd conversion is indeed very complicated, but thanks a lot for your help here everybody