Notices

RA´s S-sport and launch. DONE

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2012, 09:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by richardjh
Yeah, the sample set is rather small right now, lol.

Rich
Not by my choice
Old Sep 4, 2012, 03:19 AM

$600 to have it done here in AU what do you think regard price??
Old Sep 4, 2012, 03:56 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Crak - the 2010 did have a tune on it.
after reflashing the stock rom was on the car - and it worked as it should
i then flashed a tuned rom onto the ecu - still worked as it should. and that rom had modified SST tables on it also (pretty similar to the GST public roms, nothing too crazy)

this might be completely ludicrous - but what if you USA guys flash a euro/aussie rom onto your cars?
ie when you do the SST flash, code it for a euro VIN and it will drop a euro rom on the ecu??
the worst that could happen is the MUT3 errors out on you because of the VIN clash.
just a thought....
Old Sep 4, 2012, 03:58 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by chris42
$600 to have it done here in AU what do you think regard price??
you should probably mention that everything is twice the price down here. Single map tunes at most shops are $700-1000 for instance. and a new RA is about $40k.
but yes I'm keen to see what people think
Old Sep 4, 2012, 07:14 AM
Evolved Member

Bad news:
Auffenberg in O'Fallon IL are a bunch of bastards. First the lied and said they didn't even have the MUT III or Medic, then when I pointed out that they did they said "well we dont work on Mitsubishis anymore" as a Outlander was being driven back from the drop off bay. I offered em $100 just to use the tool and the manager told me to go find a Mitsubishi dealer that was still open. You'd think they'd want to use it while they have it and make some money, guess not.

Good news:
I have an appointment with a dealer in St. Louis to "flash my stock SST programming I have on a disc back to my car cause the aftermarket one is causing me issues."

Hey, it's worth a shot.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 08:09 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Beeble
Crak - the 2010 did have a tune on it.
after reflashing the stock rom was on the car - and it worked as it should
i then flashed a tuned rom onto the ecu - still worked as it should. and that rom had modified SST tables on it also (pretty similar to the GST public roms, nothing too crazy)

this might be completely ludicrous - but what if you USA guys flash a euro/aussie rom onto your cars?
ie when you do the SST flash, code it for a euro VIN and it will drop a euro rom on the ecu??
the worst that could happen is the MUT3 errors out on you because of the VIN clash.
just a thought....
I really really really really really think its a year issue thing and not a tune. IF stock and "GST basemap" both work and LC works for aussie and EU, its gotta be the model year i am 99% sure of it.

good suggestion though!

Last edited by crak; Sep 4, 2012 at 09:44 AM.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 08:12 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EyeDreamt
Bad news:
Auffenberg in O'Fallon IL are a bunch of bastards. First the lied and said they didn't even have the MUT III or Medic, then when I pointed out that they did they said "well we dont work on Mitsubishis anymore" as a Outlander was being driven back from the drop off bay. I offered em $100 just to use the tool and the manager told me to go find a Mitsubishi dealer that was still open. You'd think they'd want to use it while they have it and make some money, guess not.

Good news:
I have an appointment with a dealer in St. Louis to "flash my stock SST programming I have on a disc back to my car cause the aftermarket one is causing me issues."

Hey, it's worth a shot.
nice! good luck with that!!!!

wow that dealership in IL are a bunch of bastards. I bet ya, if you just walked into the garage and didnt even bother with a service manager, went up to a mechanic and said, hey bud, "give me the MUT3 for 15min and ill give you 100$". I bet ya that would have worked right then and there.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 09:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by crak
nice! good luck with that!!!!

wow that dealership in IL are a bunch of bastards. I bet ya, if you just walked into the garage and didnt even bother with a service manager, went up to a mechanic and said, hey bud, "give me the MUT3 for 15min and ill give you 100$". I bet ya that would have worked right then and there.
Tried that, he yelled at me for interrupting his breakfast. I think he was special or something cause he seemed pretty off.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 09:43 AM
Evolving Member

Tried that, he yelled at me for interrupting his breakfast. I think he was special or something cause he seemed pretty off.
Try a different mechanic. lol, i am sure there's more then one!
Old Sep 4, 2012, 10:09 AM
Evolving Member

Think till will help with anything?

http://89.252.58.233/ps/MUT%20-%203/...F_INFO_TBL.mdb

password is: DGPLQ_PPF

master cd: http://89.252.58.233/ps/MUT%20-%203/...COPY%20MASTER/

i looked it over, and theres no info on the CFF_SST files...beats me.

Check out the CFF_SST folder, it has a bunch of other .cff files...IF only there was a way to read them and find out which year they are for.

Last edited by crak; Sep 4, 2012 at 01:52 PM.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 02:24 PM
Evolved Member

Here's another data point for you rich:

2011 USDM Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart - Super Sport AND Launch Control on and working. Though I get a "slow down" and kicked out for gear when I launch I figure it has to do with the fact that my ralliart has aftermarket turbo, e85, its 95 degrees out. And I'm on a custom tune that has never had to account for launch control with all the changes in the SST tables. Gonna put all those to stock and see what happens...
Old Sep 4, 2012, 02:41 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,056 Likes on 764 Posts
Here's another data point for you rich:

2011 USDM Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart - Super Sport AND Launch Control on and working. Though I get a "slow down" and kicked out for gear when I launch I figure it has to do with the fact that my ralliart has aftermarket turbo, e85, its 95 degrees out. And I'm on a custom tune that has never had to account for launch control with all the changes in the SST tables. Gonna put all those to stock and see what happens...

So you got a dealer to do it for you?
Old Sep 4, 2012, 03:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by razorlab
So you got a dealer to do it for you?
I got a dealer to "flash the original european tcm file i had on a disk to my transmission I got from some guy in europe because the US file a friend had flashed to it caused some codes to pop up". Really he was confused about the whole thing so He just let me plug his VCI into my laptop with MUT III on it and flash it myself

Cost me a hour of timr @ $89. but well worth it.

Gonna send you a log of 3rd in s-sport.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 03:08 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,056 Likes on 764 Posts
And how did you get M3 on your laptop?
Old Sep 4, 2012, 03:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by razorlab
And how did you get M3 on your laptop?
I'll send you a e-mail

Quick Reply: RA´s S-sport and launch. DONE