Notices

RA´s S-sport and launch. DONE

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2012, 07:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Yeah, this is a promising sign. Long overdue IMO.

It does reinforce my opinion that most SST owners have bi-polar disorder!

Half the brain is terrified that the dealer might notice their ECU flash counter isn't 0 and it'll cost them $10k if their SST develops a fault.

The other half is ready to jump over the dealer service counter, grab the manager by the neck and beg them to doing an MR software update to their Ralliart SST computer.

"Forget the warranty Mr. Dealer Man, I need it NOW, you know my credit's good, just this one time, things have been tough, my clutch pressure's real low, I'm slipping bad man, I really need it..."

This all comes down to whether people can get together:
(1) suitable hardware (MUT-III)
(2) suitable software (the TCU update... MR)
(3) someone willing to apply to Ralliart (dealer/non-dealer) *

Rich

* BakaUnchi posted on the equivalent EvoX thread that he has a Mut-III. So that's (1) and (3). [edited - got my numbers wrong, lol]

Last edited by richardjh; Jul 7, 2012 at 07:40 PM.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 07:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am more than willing to apply!!!
Old Jul 7, 2012, 11:34 PM
Evolving Member

I'm well aware that there's more to S-Sport and LC. I know this can be a HUGE break through for the industry... But for the norm... its S-Sport and LC that is the most important factor again for the average joe.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 01:24 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Exyia
is Bryan the only other one to realize that this is MUCH bigger than RA's just getting S-Sport and LC?
OF COURSE this mean A LOT more than a just MR´s softare in Ralliart.
This is just first step to something bigger. Now we just to figure out first how we can get you USDM guys have this. Then gurus can go forward with SST world.

This is one small step to a man, but one big step to SST world
Old Jul 8, 2012, 10:48 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,056 Likes on 764 Posts
Really need to get more information then just those videos, which doesn't really help us at all. What was the process? Who did it, how did they do it, etc.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 10:54 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by richardjh
Yeah, this is a promising sign. Long overdue IMO.

It does reinforce my opinion that most SST owners have bi-polar disorder!

Half the brain is terrified that the dealer might notice their ECU flash counter isn't 0 and it'll cost them $10k if their SST develops a fault.

The other half is ready to jump over the dealer service counter, grab the manager by the neck and beg them to doing an MR software update to their Ralliart SST computer.

[I]"Forget the warranty Mr. Dealer Man, I need it NOW, you know my credit's good, just this one time, things have been tough, my clutch pressure's real low, I'm slipping bad man, I really need it..."[/I]

This all comes down to whether people can get together:
(1) suitable hardware (MUT-III)
(2) suitable software (the TCU update... MR)
(3) someone willing to apply to Ralliart (dealer/non-dealer) *

Rich

* BakaUnchi posted on the equivalent EvoX thread that he has a Mut-III. So that's (1) and (3). [edited - got my numbers wrong, lol]

Old Jul 8, 2012, 11:04 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by razorlab
Really need to get more information then just those videos, which doesn't really help us at all. What was the process? Who did it, how did they do it, etc.
Talk with that nickname: "hoblaa".
He did it.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 11:43 AM
Evolved Member

For now, I'll be happy with "JUST" S-Sport

hoblaa.....hoopla.....let's hope it's a coincidence......
Old Jul 8, 2012, 12:15 PM

As much as I'd like this to be real, there's a few things in the videos that bother me... This RA is shifting above factory rev limit IIRC, which can be changed in tuning, so not necessarily proving a hoax. There's nothing in the vids proving this is a RA either, unless I'm missing something... Again, not saying this IS a hoax, but I remain skeptical... I really and truly do hope this does prove possible though...
Old Jul 8, 2012, 12:50 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by ra_guy
As much as I'd like this to be real, there's a few things in the videos that bother me... This RA is shifting above factory rev limit IIRC, which can be changed in tuning, so not necessarily proving a hoax. There's nothing in the vids proving this is a RA either, unless I'm missing something... Again, not saying this IS a hoax, but I remain skeptical... I really and truly do hope this does prove possible though...
It has a RA gauge cluster.

Evo gauge cluster has both zeros at the bottom, "redline" at 7k and 0-300km/h instead of 6.5k and 0-270km/h

Last edited by razorlab; Jul 8, 2012 at 12:53 PM.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 01:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So just wondering... is the S-Sport text on all LCDs or is this something that is changed as well with the MR software. Like can the LCD show anything it wants depending on which car its put into?
Old Jul 8, 2012, 04:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by ra_guy
LiveFast.eu has integrity in my book. Earlier this year, he trusted in my integrity when he provided me his own RA's VIN so I could try (unsuccessfully) to chase up factory oil cooler parts. I'm happy to reciprocate.

Rich
Old Jul 8, 2012, 05:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Dbzguy
So just wondering... is the S-Sport text on all LCDs or is this something that is changed as well with the MR software. Like can the LCD show anything it wants depending on which car its put into?
if I understand what you're asking correctly...

the LCD is simply a display - it doesn't store any of that info. An Evo owner swapped in a Ralliart cluster and still got his S-AWC control, confirming that it's not sourced from the LCD display
Old Jul 8, 2012, 05:55 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Exyia
if I understand what you're asking correctly...

the LCD is simply a display - it doesn't store any of that info. An Evo owner swapped in a Ralliart cluster and still got his S-AWC control, confirming that it's not sourced from the LCD display
I believe it's in the separate controller for the cluster itself, so yes, you plug it in and it basically displays whatever it's told to.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 07:16 PM

Ahh, please forgive my ignorance... I stand corrected LOL... Please forgive my skepticism as well livefast.eu. There's been too many times I've seen things that are too good to be true, turn out to be untrue. Thank you for you're information.

Last edited by ra_guy; Jul 8, 2012 at 07:21 PM. Reason: feel bad for doubting

Quick Reply: RA´s S-sport and launch. DONE