Notices

RA´s S-sport and launch. DONE

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2012, 02:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AWDralliart09
rather not talk about it.. very very depressing.

Good luck with getting the reflash done.
Did it have to do with the reflash?
Old Jul 30, 2012, 06:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EyeDreamt
Did it have to do with the reflash?
My guess is no, if it did he would have cautioned others not to try it yet. Most likely unrelated..
Old Jul 30, 2012, 08:26 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mad_SB
My guess is no, if it did he would have cautioned others not to try it yet. Most likely unrelated..
That's correct. I wanted most to complete this and help out the community. But unfortunately accidents do happen and I was the unlucky sole to be on the receiving end of a very bad night. Nothing to do with the flash.

Has anyone successfully completed the flash yet? Kyle??
Old Jul 30, 2012, 08:30 PM
Evolving Member

Oh and I did find another rotor glow RA just like mine with like 11k miles.
But I think I will kick scratch fight and beg the insurance co. To sell me my wrecked car, nothing horribly damaged ( pushed in radiator and hood) and turn it into a BEAST of a drag car. I know
Old Jul 30, 2012, 09:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm still trying to get ahold of a M.U.T., but time has not been on my side. Super busy at work and trying to paint a car at home leaves me with no free time. I'll see if I can give it a shot this week, hopefully, if things slow down at work.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 07:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 03chi-town0z
i'm still trying to get ahold of a m.u.t.
I found one!
-mutt.jpg
Old Aug 8, 2012, 07:51 AM
Evolved Member

I'm disappointed such a big possibility has kind of fallen by the way-side. I've been scouring St. Louis looking for someone with a MUT and asking dealers to let me use it on their premises, but alas, no one will let me.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 11:03 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I actually contacted RRE about getting into this.

I'm not sure if they have a MUT but Mike W. knows about it now.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 10:59 AM
Evolved Member

Soooo.... anyone have any updates?
Old Aug 27, 2012, 02:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
so, everything worked, he just couldn't find the .cff file?
Old Aug 27, 2012, 02:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by crak
so, everything worked, he just couldn't find the .cff file?
You should be able to put that CFF file on a flash drive, and then explicitly select it in a select file dialog I'd figure. I'm going to work on setting up a Windows XP machine tonight to get my MUT-III software working on to confirm.... I still won't have the cable but... ah well.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 10:48 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do it!
Old Aug 29, 2012, 03:51 AM
Evolving Member

Nice! Looking forward to it man! Maybe my evox swap will finally come to life!
Old Aug 30, 2012, 01:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Update: So, good news. Went to check out the MUT2 my buddy has and guess what. the MUT2 or 3 doesnt matter. You need the medic 3 software which has MUT3 built in.

So, I got good news and bad news. The good news is, I think I can get it to work. The bad news is that when I tried to transfer over the .cff file, The OS was locked as the unit is strictly a interface that uses XP as a piggy back OS to run the MEDIC 3 software which has MUT3 built in.so, i cant access the OS to xfer over the .cff file to the SST folder on the computer. The ****ty part is that the computer is so old it only had 1 USB port and it was used to connect to the car. So, I am going to burn the file to a cd (because the unit has a CD ROM drive) and we will connect the MEDIC 3 via the car have the disk in the drive and try the reprogramming.

Also, make sure that the removeable disk or cd has nothing else on it.

Notes: the MEDIC 3 version was 3.2 with update 142.

I am so excited, im getting so bloody close to finishing this and getting a detailed report for you folks.

Here is the weird thing I want to ask the community, if the MUT3 my friend had already had .cff files for other vehicles, why is the one we are supposed to upload different. Is it modified EVOX code for a ralliart? Because shouldn't his software already come with evox SST codes?
Old Aug 30, 2012, 01:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by crak
Update: So, good news. Went to check out the MUT2 my buddy has and guess what. the MUT2 or 3 doesnt matter. You need the medic 3 software which has MUT3 built in.

So, I got good news and bad news. The good news is, I think I can get it to work. The bad news is that when I tried to transfer over the .cff file, The OS was locked as the unit is strictly a interface that uses XP as a piggy back OS to run the MEDIC 3 software which has MUT3 built in.so, i cant access the OS to xfer over the .cff file to the SST folder on the computer. The ****ty part is that the computer is so old it only had 1 USB port and it was used to connect to the car. So, I am going to burn the file to a cd (because the unit has a CD ROM drive) and we will connect the MEDIC 3 via the car have the disk in the drive and try the reprogramming.

Also, make sure that the removeable disk or cd has nothing else on it.

Notes: the MEDIC 3 version was 3.2 with update 142.

I am so excited, im getting so bloody close to finishing this and getting a detailed report for you folks.

Here is the weird thing I want to ask the community, if the MUT3 my friend had already had .cff files for other vehicles, why is the one we are supposed to upload different. Is it modified EVOX code for a ralliart? Because shouldn't his software already come with evox SST codes?
Don't quote me, but I think the file we are flashing to the car is a Evo X MR or RA file that was released to other markets, not the US.... but I'm not sure. It actually comes as part of some update with new cffs included, or at least that's what i can tell based on the location from which I obtained it....

BTW, thanks for putting forth the effort to do this. If this does work, I envision a group-buy for a "community" MUT-III... maybe we can get the money from the "TCU Donation" thread on the other forums to fund something like that.......

Quick Reply: RA´s S-sport and launch. DONE