Notices

Question about exhaust

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2012, 10:50 PM
Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question about exhaust

Hey y'all. I tried to search for an answer or for a thread to post this in to no avail. I hate to post a thread for just a question but here goes nothing.

So recently I had a Ultimate Racing catback installed (I should have done it myself but didn't have the means at the time). It has no resonator or mini-muffler, I know, I'm brave. So I had two vibrant two-bolt 3 inch gaskets. When the guy installed the exhaust, he only used one saying the stock gasket would work fine to bolt the midpipe to the cat. Every now and then I get a gasoline-esque smell in the car. I know she runs rich because the ur is more free flowing and I have no tune, but still I'm concerned.

My questions:

1. Is my car going to explode?
2. Will I probably have an exhaust leak?
3. Am I doing damage to the car by using the stock gasket?
4. Is my car going to explode?

Forgive my noobiness and try not to flame too hard. If there is already a thread I should post this in please let me know

Any and all help appreciated
Old Jul 13, 2012, 01:02 AM
Evolving Member

1. Yes jump out now!!! But No. Your Fine.
2. Possibly, but best way to know is put the car on jackstands and with it COLD, turn it on and feel around the connectors to see if there's a leak.
3. No.
4. Refer to Number 1.

Lastly...

5. Take the Exhaust off, Meet in somewhere near the 91, and trade me for my Custom Twin Vibrant Exhaust and be Worry Free. Find me at MOD2012 This Saturday.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 10:06 AM

AlphpaKenneyBody i am dying to get that exhaust. Did you get the through Tunning Technologies in CA? I currently have the DC sports dual tip and it rusted to sh** a month ago. Id like to know more about your exhaust... Price...sound..etc. PM me if you dont want to put the info on the mian site
Old Jul 13, 2012, 10:12 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jesus, look at how low that thing hangs. No me gusta.