Notices

GFB Respons bov Installed in 2012 Ralliart

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2012, 03:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GFB Respons bov Installed in 2012 Ralliart

Hey Guys,

I know this has been covered a bit before, but most of the posts are quite old.

Today I received my Go Fast Bits Blow Off Valve T9033. Installed it in about 10min. Extremely easy install and the instructions in the box are very well written.

I adjusted the bov for 90/10 as I want to maintain as much of the performance as possible while still getting the satisfaction of getting the "pshhh".

I picked up the GFB bov from www.maperformance.com for $250 +shipping. It was a bit expensive but a great solution to our normally full recirc turbo.

1st Vid is the sound with windows down while parked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EPr...I&feature=plcp

2nd video is the sound while driving in 3rd gear, just kinda hammering on/off the gas with the windows up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIbl...w&feature=plcp

Note: the only time that the bov will make the "pshhh" sound is when you let off the gas.

Picture is right after the install which may help those that don't know much about the location of the bov.

GFB Respons bov Installed in 2012 Ralliart-gfb_respons_bov.jpg

Cheers.

Ryan
Old Jul 24, 2012, 06:49 PM

I did this back in February I was lucky to pick it up for only 210.00 sounds great. what did u set the springs tension at.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 09:48 PM
Evolving Member

U guys run into any issues with this or any recommendations on how much to adjust the bov to? thanks in advance for the input
Old Jan 23, 2014, 04:35 AM

I've been using mine for about 2 years now in Canada... I've driven the car ranging from full open to about 50/50 setup. I noticed very little difference between the 2 settings other then full open being quite a bit louder.

As the car is not normally NA i close it fully during the winter.

Myself I found 50/50 setup to be my ideal. It can be extremly loud for people outside at full open.

Hope that helps.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 09:24 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the quick reply. Have you experienced any fluttering/surge or any bucking from the car on certain gears? I am stuck between buying the GFB or TS, are you happy with your choice?

Originally Posted by rgaumond
I've been using mine for about 2 years now in Canada... I've driven the car ranging from full open to about 50/50 setup. I noticed very little difference between the 2 settings other then full open being quite a bit louder.

As the car is not normally NA i close it fully during the winter.

Myself I found 50/50 setup to be my ideal. It can be extremly loud for people outside at full open.

Hope that helps.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 11:16 AM

I love my purchase. The only thing to keep in mind is that we are driving an automatic. So the only way to hear the pssshh sound is to let off the gas peddle.

You can purposely make it do the sound in manual mode by letting off the gas just prior to shifting up a gear. When you do this you will notice a lag in turbo response as it will need to spool up again.
If you drive the car hard not letting off the gas you will not notice any dif at all in he car.

I have not experienced any fluttering or other unexpected issues.