Notices

Borla installed, KN drop in on the way and I need to do the 30000 mile maintenance!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2012, 10:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Borla installed, KN drop in on the way and I need to do the 30000 mile maintenance!

Okay. I'll start off by saying the borla is amazing. Very easy to install.

I have a drop in KN filter on the way, that should be easy to install.

Now for the 30000 mile maintenance.

I need to do the trans fluid, transfer case fluid, and rear diff fluid correct? Anything else?

Also I'd like to use one of the GST basemaps, just to clearify version 2.7 91 Octane will work on my ralliart with the borla catback and the KN drop in filter? All is good if I run 93 on the 91 map correct?

Thanks!
Old Aug 3, 2012, 06:44 AM

You should be safe. I'm running 94 OCT on the 93 OCT Basemap with boost pill. Anything other then a catback will require the TBE.
Old Aug 4, 2012, 10:36 PM

i know this is a total noob question but what is a TBE? totally new to this
Old Aug 5, 2012, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by 09rv52
i know this is a total noob question but what is a TBE? totally new to this
I'm a noob too, but from what I've read around here, I believe it stands for "turbo-back exhaust." I'd rather just direct you to google it than for me try to explain it, possibly incorrectly.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

^^^correct ... TBE = Turbo back exhaust.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 06:43 PM

borla exhaust

i was just wanting to know just how loud is the borla. I'm thinking of buying one also.My 11 RA is a DD and don't want something to loud,something a little neighbor friendly at 5:00am when I leave for work.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by ledft
i was just wanting to know just how loud is the borla. I'm thinking of buying one also.My 11 RA is a DD and don't want something to loud,something a little neighbor friendly at 5:00am when I leave for work.
I'm in the same boat. I wish I could hear the different exhausts in real life. YouTube clips can only tell so much. I definitely want louder than stock, and I want the deepest tone possible, but I don't want something that will be a cop magnet from a mile away. I also don't want drone at highway speeds. Right now I think the top two choices for me are Borla and Magnaflow.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 06:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Napius
Right now I think the top two choices for me are Borla and Magnaflow.
Magnaflow will be quieter than the Borla from what I've read and heard....

Last edited by Slee256; Aug 5, 2012 at 07:19 PM.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by Slee256
Magnaflow will be quieter than the Borla from what I've read and heard....
Yeah, that's what I figured. I really wish I could hear both in real life. I guess the UR CBE with a resonator is also an option, but I was under the impression that it was even louder than the Borla. Is that correct? I do want loud, I just don't want to be that ultra annoying loud that everyone hates and will draw cops' attention from far away. I like that I hear the Borla doesn't really sound like a 4 cylinder because it's deep and grumbly. That's what I want.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 08:15 AM

Magnaflow IS quieter than Borla, less drone while on the highway.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by daonlyillwiz
Magnaflow IS quieter than Borla, less drone while on the highway.
I was pretty positive the Magnaflow was quieter. I heard Borla didn't have drone on the highway. Have there been reports of it? I DO want loud, just not a-hole, cop-magnet loud. The Ultimate Racing CBE is louder than the Borla, right? Any noticeable performance differences between the difference exhausts?
Old Aug 8, 2012, 08:45 AM

I have the Borla system and love it...but...it does have a slight drone on the highway. You can find that sweet spot right around 80mph where it is almost gone. It definitely turns heads, mainly when I step on it, otherwise I haven't raised too much attention from the 5-0. I have been pulled over 2x in it(for other reasons...no tix thankfully) and not one of the officers(Chino pd and Redlands pd) have mentioned the exhaust.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by pheonix75
I have the Borla system and love it...but...it does have a slight drone on the highway. You can find that sweet spot right around 80mph where it is almost gone. It definitely turns heads, mainly when I step on it, otherwise I haven't raised too much attention from the 5-0. I have been pulled over 2x in it(for other reasons...no tix thankfully) and not one of the officers(Chino pd and Redlands pd) have mentioned the exhaust.
Thanks for the info! I could live with minor drone as long as it can be covered up by music. How is it cruising around town at about 45mph in 5th gear? I hate that spot because it's too slow for 6th, but 5th can drone a bit.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 09:28 AM

Also, did you notice any performance differences?
Old Aug 8, 2012, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by Napius
Also, did you notice any performance differences?
It has a tad bit of the 5th drone...I did get it tuned the day after install...so with the tune, it was a whole new car. I get tons of compliments on the sound, although my wife took it to work the first day after the exhaust and tune, she said 3 cars (2 mustangs, and one ricer) tried to race her...she drives so slow in the car, I was cracking up. So, moral of the story is that it does attract a bit of attention with the deep growl and it performs awesome.

Quick Reply: Borla installed, KN drop in on the way and I need to do the 30000 mile maintenance!