Notices

Upgraded my UICP today.....

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2012, 07:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Upgraded my UICP today.....

so today after work I installed my EVO X FMIC that I've been sitting on for weeks now along with an Agency Power UICP. I ordered a 2.5" diameter pipe (to match the stock EVO dimensions) but was sent a 3" accidentally. When i finally got it in place and bolted down I noticed that the hood didn't close all the way. After applying some careful pressure I was able to shut it but the question I have is....

has anyone fitted a 3' pipe to their RA and had this problem? I was thinking about grinding some of the metal off the inside of the hood (there's a part that protrudes toward the bottom quite a ways conveniently located over my UICP) but wanted some input before i tried anything

Last edited by NFHrally; Oct 12, 2012 at 08:41 PM.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 05:37 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Make sure everything is lined up correctly. There should be no resion why it shouldn't close since it was designed for the evo and the RA has most of the same specs as the evo.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 11:31 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When I did mine, the black cover was pushed up a bit because of these little black tabs on the backside of it, near where the uicp bends. I just cut this out with a knife and it fit better, the black cover still sticks up a bit, but hood closes with no issue at all. If all fails, check, dbl check and triple check, there is always some wiggle room.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 03:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Steven_Trujillo
Make sure everything is lined up correctly. There should be no resion why it shouldn't close since it was designed for the evo and the RA has most of the same specs as the evo.
It lines up perfectly it just needs about 1/8" more clearance I can try bending the 12mm mounting bracket a little more but ther than that I'm gonna have to take some metal off the inside of the hood :/