turbo upgrade question..

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by bjax4B11T
Lots of people really unhappy with the RAD swap results
Lots of people?

Please point them out. For it to classify as "lots", it would involve references to more than 7 people. For the record, 13 is loads in my book. 21 is heaps. 36 is stacks.

Really unhappy?

For people to fall into the "really" unhappy category, they have to be, at a minimum, disappointed, grumpy, irritable and preferably have knock-on digestive problems too. If they are just a bit "meh" or "whatever", that's only mildly unhappy (and won't count, sorry).

j/k

Rich
Old Dec 14, 2012, 06:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Rad Lite is an awesome turbo for what it is. It's more powerful than a stock X turbo.

I will soon have results of a full bolt-on, stage II cam, built head/valvetrain and obscure SSP Teflon intake manifold gasket on a Rad Lite.

Also, I sent you the pictures of my personal Ralliart turbo which is almost brand new. I bought a used RA turbo of someone. I never had any downtime during my Rad Lite process.

Nonetheless, this kit is freaking amazing. What a time saver!!
http://www.maperformance.com/map-mit...l#.UMszgm80WSo
Old Dec 21, 2012, 06:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would of gone with rad turbo but since I couldn't afford have my car down I ended up gathering parts for the evo x swap. But you can't go wrong with ether one! Both give good power! But the x turbo does open up alot of options.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 09:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by richardjh
Lots of people?

Please point them out. For it to classify as "lots", it would involve references to more than 7 people. For the record, 13 is loads in my book. 21 is heaps. 36 is stacks.

Really unhappy?

For people to fall into the "really" unhappy category, they have to be, at a minimum, disappointed, grumpy, irritable and preferably have knock-on digestive problems too. If they are just a bit "meh" or "whatever", that's only mildly unhappy (and won't count, sorry).

j/k

Rich
Well you know what I mean, the what if'ers who max out the turbo and just wish they would've bought an X turbo. I mean I agree its perfect for upgrading power, but you soon might want more. I'm able to get an X turbo and manifold for 500 used and use the ams downpipe and MAPerformance kit and my power options are a lot more open, likely going to the FP black once I get an SSP trans upgrade. And if you live anywhere around Chicago, Boostin will do the entire swap for $575