Notices

turbo upgrade question..

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2012, 09:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
turbo upgrade question..

alright so as the title states im looking to finally upgrade my turbo... ive looked into doing the evo x swap, but i dont think its for me, too many pcs...ive heard about the cbrd rad and couldnt understand, do they upgrade the single scroll turbo off my ralliart?
Old Dec 10, 2012, 10:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Correct
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:22 PM

is there a turbo upgrade that is a bolt on that doesnt require me to send me turbo in? my car is my DD and cant afford to leave it non-operational for that long

Originally Posted by silthos
Correct
Old Dec 11, 2012, 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by HYDMECH90
alright so as the title states im looking to finally upgrade my turbo... ive looked into doing the evo x swap, but i dont think its for me, too many pcs...ive heard about the cbrd rad and couldnt understand, do they upgrade the single scroll turbo off my ralliart?
MAPerformance sells a kit with everything needed besides the manifold, turbo, & downpipe. Lots of people really unhappy with the RAD swap results
Old Dec 11, 2012, 06:17 AM

thanks ill look into it...

Originally Posted by bjax4B11T
Quote:

Originally Posted by HYDMECH90

MAPerformance sells a kit with everything needed besides the manifold, turbo, & downpipe. Lots of people really unhappy with the RAD swap results

Posted from Evolutionm.net App for Android
Old Dec 11, 2012, 06:40 AM
Evolved Member

The only bold on is the Rad Turbo. Except that u have to turn in your turbo. ~ I heard good stuff about it ~ Might find someone selling their Ralliart turbo.

The Evo X turbo is not to bad to do if you can find someone selling the turbo with all the lines. There is a check list to follow and you can always get the MAP kit for it. A lot of people have done it and it's not to hard to get it as u can find most of it in the Evo X classifieds.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 07:39 AM
Evolved Member

Please explain to me how you know about all these people being unhappy with the RAD lite because I have one sitting waiting to be installed and havent heard anything bad but one person compaining about a problem that may or may not pertain to the turbo.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 08:41 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Jay10Ralliart
Please explain to me how you know about all these people being unhappy with the RAD lite because I have one sitting waiting to be installed and havent heard anything bad but one person compaining about a problem that may or may not pertain to the turbo.
I'm curious about this as well-

We have installed quite a few- and had very positive feedback-

again-I want people to understand that by no means is our RAD lite a competitor for something like a bbx lite, fp green etc.... its simply a small upgrade to the stock turbo for anyone that wants to keep a 100% OEM look RA package on the RA- and have evo X stock turbo output-

cb
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:11 AM

see n thats y i like the cbrd but i cant afford to give up my DD for that long so i guess my only option is to look for someone selling there stock RA turbo...

Originally Posted by CBRD
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay10Ralliart

I'm curious about this as well-

We have installed quite a few- and had very positive feedback-

again-I want people to understand that by no means is our RAD lite a competitor for something like a bbx lite, fp green etc.... its simply a small upgrade to the stock turbo for anyone that wants to keep a 100% OEM look RA package on the RA- and have evo X stock turbo output-

cb

Posted from Evolutionm.net App for Android
Old Dec 11, 2012, 04:28 PM
Evolving Member

They will send you a rad turbo to install and give you like 10 days to send back your stock turbo.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 09:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
... Lots of people really unhappy with the RAD swap results
Really? Can you site any sources?

Originally Posted by gaabbee
They will send you a rad turbo to install and give you like 10 days to send back your stock turbo.
This. They offer a core exchange program so there is no downtime and you get your core fee refunded when you send in your stock turbo after the swap.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 09:47 PM
Evolved Member

i love my rad lite - perfect for a streeter... lose nothing down below and gain on the top end
Old Dec 12, 2012, 09:50 AM
Evolved Member

Me and my RAD on e85 setup would tend to disagree. It has preformed just as I hoped, if not a bit better. And Bryan (razorlab) has said he was pretty impressed with it as well in another thread.

Curious who all these unhappy people are? Cause I don't know of a single one.

My only complaint might be that with the E85 it maybe spools TOO quick, but with Supoer Sport mode the transmission has no issues with it.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 12:47 PM
Evolved Member

I've never heard of 1 person who has it saying they don't like it. The only complaints are from "what if" people who compare it to larger ones.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 05:06 PM
Evolved Member

hey eyedreamt - how are you finding the rad with e85?

Quick Reply: turbo upgrade question..