Notices

Wideband O2 sensor question

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2013, 09:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wideband O2 sensor question

I think I'm going to go with Innovate LC-1 as it will allow me to log directly on my tactrix openport without a PC and sounds easy (ish) to install.

I see that they sell the LC-1 by itself or as kits with O2 sensor and gauge. Not sure I'll be using the Gauge at all if its logging. My question is, does it matter the actual O2 sensor used? Is it worth buying separate to ensure a better quality/performing O2 sensor? or are they all basically the same?

Last edited by Accursed; Jan 7, 2013 at 09:28 AM.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 11:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm going through this process myself.

I'm intending to be able to data log with the tactrix standalone, however I haven't seen too many people do this. There are a couple of other ways to hook it up to the tactrix which I wouldn't consider "easy" unless you are confident in wiring.

You need the oxygen sensor. You will either have to get an exhaust shop to drill a hole and weld in the bung that comes with the kit OR remove the factory o2 sensor, plug the tactrix sensor in it's place and do some ECU stuff to remove the CEL that comes up from doing that.

The Innovate LC-1 kit is more complicated than say AEM or Zeitronix, so for ease of installation maybe you should look at those. In any case I have an LC-1 but since there are various steps and ways to install it I'm taking my time.

I'd do heaps more research and decide what's best for you. Lots of threads on this forum about this.