Notices

From GST Basemap to Dyno-Tune

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2013, 06:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
From GST Basemap to Dyno-Tune

Hey guys, I've been running the 93 octane/Boost Pill/Turbo-Back GST Basemap for a long time now, and I finally have all the mods that I wanted to do completed(see my "signature" for the full list) so I'm going in on Monday to get a dyno-tune on a Mustang type dyno using this basemap as a starting point for the tune. So, I figured I'd post this thread so that once I get the numbers on Monday I can post them and people can see exactly how much hp/tq this particular GST basemap puts out, as well as how much of a power increase you can expect to achieve by getting a dyno-tune vs. staying with the GST basemap. I'm hoping for at least a 15hp/tq increase, but I know the GST basemaps are pretty good, so maybe it won't even be that much. I'll let you know on Monday what the baseline numbers were with the GST Basemap along with the end result numbers we achieve after the tune.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 05:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool!! looking forward to the details and before n after drive opinion!!

Posted from Evolutionm.net App for Android
Old Mar 30, 2013, 07:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 113 Likes on 101 Posts
FWIW:
Baseline:

After with just a boost pill, catback, and GST tune:
Old Mar 30, 2013, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by splattj
FWIW:
Baseline:

After with just a boost pill, catback, and GST tune:
Holy torque batman..
Are you running the boost pill map only on 91 or 93?
Old Mar 30, 2013, 08:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Those numbers seem pretty high. Just saying. Most people are seeing not much more than 270whp on a stock turbo with full bolt ons.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 08:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 113 Likes on 101 Posts
Yeah, the Dyno they use is known to read high, especially when compared to a "heartbreaker" Mustang Dyni.

It's 93 Oct. w/Boost Pill tune. The difference between baseline and after is what's worth noting.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by splattj
Yeah, the Dyno they use is known to read high, especially when compared to a "heartbreaker" Mustang Dyni.

It's 93 Oct. w/Boost Pill tune. The difference between baseline and after is what's worth noting.
Hmm very interesting. I didn't think that we gain 30 whp just from running 93 oct vs the 91 map.

I made 251 whp on the dyno with 300 torque but the problem is that the SST was slipping even in sport mode.

I highly suggest getting the MR TCU reflash.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 08:56 PM
Evolving Member

In for le updates
Old Apr 1, 2013, 05:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
This is all very informative and encouraging
Old Apr 1, 2013, 05:15 PM
Evolved Member

Results

Ok, I've posted a graph of the results from the dyno-tune today. As expected, the PEAK gains were pretty small because the GST Basemaps are very good tunes, but there was some noticable power gained across the power-band which increased the area under the curve a little bit. Keep in mind, this was done on a very stingy Mustang Dyno. The numbers on a Dyno-Jet would have been siginificantly higher.
From GST Basemap to Dyno-Tune-cbrd-tune.jpg
Old Apr 1, 2013, 08:35 PM

Great info to have. Thanks
Old Apr 2, 2013, 04:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
So... if interpret correctly - the gains don't quite justify the expense of the 'finer' tuning. By that i mean another mod at the same cost would have yielded higher gains...

I am not poking at you - i want help making mod decisions. This forum is great for sharing this info.
Old Apr 2, 2013, 08:25 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Veronica
So... if interpret correctly - the gains don't quite justify the expense of the 'finer' tuning. By that i mean another mod at the same cost would have yielded higher gains...

I am not poking at you - i want help making mod decisions. This forum is great for sharing this info.
Exactly. Except the GST tune doesn't cover extensive mods...eventually you would have to re-tune either street or dyno.

Nonetheless, the GST with a few cheap mods on 93 oct is a really good choice.
Old Apr 2, 2013, 03:22 PM
Evolving Member

I found the same thing too, my GST tune and custom tune were pretty much the same power at peak.
However with the custom tune the spool is much quicker so a lot less lag and the whole rev range is much smoother when the right foot is applied.

Oh yeah no knock either.
Old Apr 2, 2013, 07:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Rokpapaziz
I found the same thing too, my GST tune and custom tune were pretty much the same power at peak.
However with the custom tune the spool is much quicker so a lot less lag and the whole rev range is much smoother when the right foot is applied.

Oh yeah no knock either.
^^^This. Since driving that car for the last couple of days after the tune, there IS a noticable difference in the responsiveness of the car. Not like you would experience after upgrading to a bigger turbo or anything that extreme, but I'm glad I got the dyno-tune done and I feel like the car just has more pickup throughout the meat of the powerband. Regarding cost vs. benefit, I only paid $285.00 for the tune since the GST basemap was already installed and thus the tuning didn't take nearly as long as it would have if we had started from scratch with the factory/stock tune.

Last edited by Slee256; Apr 2, 2013 at 07:56 PM.

Quick Reply: From GST Basemap to Dyno-Tune