Notices

CBRD Rad Lite Install Questions

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2013, 04:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CBRD Rad Lite Install Questions

I'm looking to upgrade to the RAD Lite turbo and was wondering if anyone has any experience with them, or knowledge of what complementary mods are required. I'm seeing a lot of posts claiming that you needed upgraded injectors, fuel pump, an EBC, head gasket, studs, etc. What is actually required? And what can be add ons over the next couple of months? Thanks for any input.
Old May 28, 2013, 04:27 PM

It's a direct swap.

The RAD Lite is essentially the same turbo as the one that comes with the stock Ralliart except it is modified internally to process more gas. You don't need to have any of the other parts you mentioned. However, you do need to get the car tuned after installation. The volume of gasses processed by the RAD Lite is different from the stock turbo.

Having all the other stuff you mentioned isn't technically necessary just that they really really help to bring out the RAD Lite's maximum potential is all. Otherwise you are kind of just wasting the RAD Lite along with your money.

Here is a good thread that really helped me out:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09...g-your-ra.html
Old May 28, 2013, 06:21 PM

If definitely getting a tune. That's being scheduled in the next few days. And I've already upgrade the exhaust, IC, ICPs, BOV, and also did the AMS boost pill. Now I'm trying to make sure I don't do anything to compromise the reliability of the car a ton.
Old May 28, 2013, 07:01 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Just use normal bolt ons-

FMIC is a must on a Ralliart-

some people use the evo X fmic- but a higher quality core will definetly work best-

Also the piping on the RA leaves alot to be desired-

If we can help please let us know- as we have an entire charge pipe system with fmic for the RA that was developed with the RAD lite.

Cheers

CB
Old May 28, 2013, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by CBRD
Just use normal bolt ons-

FMIC is a must on a Ralliart-

some people use the evo X fmic- but a higher quality core will definetly work best-

Also the piping on the RA leaves alot to be desired-

If we can help please let us know- as we have an entire charge pipe system with fmic for the RA that was developed with the RAD lite.

Cheers

CB
All the normal bolt ons have been done. Perhaps I'll upgrade the FMIC in the future, but the EVO FMIC was at my disposal, so I went with it.
Old May 28, 2013, 08:50 PM

Cool man, Chad himself is here!

Yeah, you really can't go wrong with the RAD Lite and CBRD. I had it for 2 years and it was extremely awesome. Reliability is my number one concern as well and they delivered.

Check out my review of CBRD plus a dyno chart of what you can expect from a RAD Lite plus some bolt ons:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ve...-ralliart.html
Old Jun 8, 2013, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by ApeIron2012
Cool man, Chad himself is here!

Yeah, you really can't go wrong with the RAD Lite and CBRD. I had it for 2 years and it was extremely awesome. Reliability is my number one concern as well and they delivered.

Check out my review of CBRD plus a dyno chart of what you can expect from a RAD Lite plus some bolt ons:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ve...-ralliart.html

Thanks for the responses guys. I wish I could take the car to CBRD for the install, but PA is a bit too far a drive.