Notices

Wideband Install Recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2013, 08:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Accursed
Got the Wideband kit, but it came without the plug, so writing to Innovate and asking them to send me one. I have to say, this looks like it's going to be a pain to install...

Gotta get the bung installed first.
Dont worry dude, wideband is one of the easiest installs youll do on this car. Running the wire is the hardest part and that is still easy peazy. Let me know when youre ready!
Old Jul 25, 2013, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by WinstonMonty
Dont worry dude, wideband is one of the easiest installs youll do on this car. Running the wire is the hardest part and that is still easy peazy. Let me know when youre ready!
KK! Hope to get the bung done sometime next week and we'll be ready! I'll PM you after! I appreciate the help!
Old Jul 26, 2013, 06:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey do you know how to run power the the guage?
Old Jul 26, 2013, 08:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
I put some images up in a post a while back... here.

Rich
Old Jul 27, 2013, 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by Steven_Trujillo
I run my power from gauges to the #12 slot in the fuse box. I also use fuse taps so that there is no risk of a short. These are what Im talking about. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000GKEXK2
Old Jul 27, 2013, 08:00 AM
Evolving Member

I run my power from gauges to the #12 slot in the fuse box. I also use fuse taps so that there is no risk of a short. These are what Im talking about. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000GKEXK2
Lol I know. I was just making sure that he knew how to do it. Also he needs to make a power distributer if he plans on running more guages.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 08:42 AM

Lol I know. I was just making sure that he knew how to do it. Also he needs to make a power distributer if he plans on running more guages.
Oh haha. My mistake. In regards to the power distributor, its not needed. I just run both power cables from both gauges to one fuse tap. Then I put in a higher voltage fuse. For my aem gauges im running this set up and Ive had no issues. Also done it this way in my last three cars.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 01:33 PM
Evolving Member

Oh haha. My mistake. In regards to the power distributor, its not needed. I just run both power cables from both gauges to one fuse tap. Then I put in a higher voltage fuse. For my aem gauges im running this set up and Ive had no issues. Also done it this way in my last three cars.
If your planing on running multiple things like 3 guages and a raidar detector a power distributor would make things easier. What do you mean by "higher voltage fuse"? You should never use a higher fuse for anything. That can cause damage to the equipment.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 05:07 PM

If your planing on running multiple things like 3 guages and a raidar detector a power distributor would make things easier. What do you mean by "higher voltage fuse"? You should never use a higher fuse for anything. That can cause damage to the equipment.
Never installed more than two gauges or radar detector so you might be correct in that regard. The fuse tap has two slots for fuses. For one gauge I use the 7.5amp fuse that originally was in fuse slot 12, then use a 3amp fuse for the 2nd slot to run the gauge. For two gauges, instead of using a 3amp fuse, I use s 7.5amp for the first slot and 5amp in the second slot to run both gauges. Been doing this for years. Me and a friend are doing gauges next week, ill post a thorough walk thru.
Old Jul 28, 2013, 03:07 PM

Old Aug 1, 2013, 05:59 AM

mike at RRE is the only guy I trust with my baby. Great guys, great service, fair prices for the expertise with these cars. He owns them himself.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 07:40 AM
Evolved Member

going to RRE tomorrow myself :P
Old Aug 1, 2013, 10:22 AM

When (if?) I do a turbo upgrade, I would think the quality of the work to be important, So RRE would be where I go. But this is welding a bung and wiring in a few cables (power, ground, 2.5 mm to tactrix, and gauge ) I guess the part that makes me nervous is I haven't taken the center console off, and not sure how to run cables or best place to place the LC-1 itself. I have two kids under 3 years old and freetime is at a premium. So before I would research as best I could, now I can't.

I appreciate the help, feedback and pictures. It's making it a lot easier to take the plunge. Look forward to the benefits of the wideband.

$20 at the muffler shop across the street from my favorite burrito spot. Improvised a 18mm bolt for a plug.

Last edited by Accursed; Aug 1, 2013 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Adding pic of bung
Old Aug 1, 2013, 04:15 PM
Evolving Member

It's not hard to tear apart the interior. It took me like 20 mins to take everything out. It's just a pain to put everything back together since they have some crazy clips. Be sure to have a screwdriver when you do it.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 06:41 PM
Evolving Member

hey guys question what about the boost gauge do you have experience that is my problem. i have AEM boost gauge 35 psi but i have a problem that comes with a gold sensor. all the gauge cables goes to that sensor but i dont know where that goes. any help will be apreciated. thanks

Quick Reply: Wideband Install Recommendations?