Notices

Just sent my ACD pump to get rebuilt.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2013, 01:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Joe,

Also from Buffalo, before you started seeing the flashing tarmac light. Did you happen to get the 4WD Service Light come on randomly (shouldn't say randomly. More like above 85 degrees and very humid.)

I notice my goes on and goes away when i turn off the car, only coming back when the condition mention above happens again. Random sometime but for sure that it happen often enough to know its the temperature. Never seem to happen below 80.
Old Aug 9, 2013, 05:40 PM

Hi everyone just wanted to let everyone know the pump works awesome. No more flashing tarmac light. Only problem putting back k together was bleeding the system. Luckily my cousin owns a performance auto repair shop in Buffalo. He came over and had the tool to bleed it and helped finish the work.
Old Aug 9, 2013, 05:43 PM

It drives great now . I have been driving it pretty hard the last 2 hours. no issues whatsoever
Old Aug 9, 2013, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by khami
Joe,

Also from Buffalo, before you started seeing the flashing tarmac light. Did you happen to get the 4WD Service Light come on randomly (shouldn't say randomly. More like above 85 degrees and very humid.)

I notice my goes on and goes away when i turn off the car, only coming back when the condition mention above happens again. Random sometime but for sure that it happen often enough to know its the temperature. Never seem to happen below 80.
I did not get the service light. Mine started acting up in summer when it was hot. But them was happening even on not so hot days.
Old Aug 9, 2013, 10:46 PM

Noticed a rebuild kit on ebay last night aswell
Old Aug 11, 2013, 06:32 PM

so far I've put about 400 miles on the pump so far all seems good. no issues whatsoever and I have been driving it pretty hard. there is definitely an improvement in the way the car handles the corners it's so much better.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 06:21 PM

Need help

Hi
I am in Niagara Falls. Could use some advice on replacing my pump since you just did yours. Anyway we can meet? Lots of questions.

Carlo
Old Aug 28, 2013, 08:06 PM

Mine just went bad too but my extended warrenty covers it or should ill keep this in mind just in case gotta love buffalo winters and the damn salt
Old Aug 29, 2013, 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by Smeghead
Mine just went bad too but my extended warrenty covers it or should ill keep this in mind just in case gotta love buffalo winters and the damn salt
Also from buffalo. How many miles do you have and what dealership? Did the 4wd service light go in and stay on?
Old Aug 29, 2013, 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by khami
Also from buffalo. How many miles do you have and what dealership? Did the 4wd service light go in and stay on?
I have 32k miles on it and went to the only mitsu dealership close transittowne. As for the light it goes on about halfway though the day and then will stay on till the car sits overnight. I think it has something to do with the temp difference in the morning to afternoon. It wasn't on this morning and I drove from downtown to ub but I know it will be on when I go to leave this afternoon. I looked underneath at the pump looks pretty corroded .
Old Aug 29, 2013, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Smeghead
I have 32k miles on it and went to the only mitsu dealership close transittowne. As for the light it goes on about halfway though the day and then will stay on till the car sits overnight. I think it has something to do with the temp difference in the morning to afternoon. It wasn't on this morning and I drove from downtown to ub but I know it will be on when I go to leave this afternoon. I looked underneath at the pump looks pretty corroded .
My lights stays on until I turn the car off and back on. Sometime it appear again right away sometime it doesn't until the next day (when its hot.) Heard a "bad" alignment can cause the issue. I happen to get one done about a month ago when we been getting this heat waves of ours. Can't say if its the alignment or the weather or both. About time for a tire rotation anyways and I have lifetime alignment. I will tell them to check it again and advise them. Isn't the ralliart 3yrs/36k miles warranty? Can't remember.

Just seem funny that a number of our local guys are having the same issue at the same time. Maybe weather related?
Old Aug 29, 2013, 07:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 288 Likes on 219 Posts
The ACD pumps are a real problem on all EVO's and ralliarts.

The fact that most of the problems show up in hot weather is because the corrosion inside the pump makes the tight internal tolerances grow and the pump looses pressure as the oil thins down. It might work again in cold weather but soon enough it will stop working totally.

Now, what is important.. it is better to send it off for refurb sooner rather than later because you really do not want the solenoid to corrode too...

If you have a running pump, spray it with something greasy, and apply heavy grease around the base of the solenoid.. that will stop water from getting in.. That will not stop corrosion totally if you have been driving around for a year or two (esp with salt in the winter), but will save your solenoid... probably..

Also, you can drive around with the pump off for servicing, no problem.. just your diffs will be open all the time.. so drive normally.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 08:38 AM

Yes our cars do have a 3 year 36k but my 3 year ended in July lol that's why I'm using my extended warranty. And heat like kilo turbo says its bc the fluid is more viscous and can't create the pressure the pump needs in the am my light isn't on bc it's cooler and the pump can create the pressure so I recommend you take yours in to get it fixed if u have the warranty otherwise send to acd to get rebuilt
Old Aug 31, 2013, 09:40 PM

hi sorry I've been away so long just wanted to let everyone know the pump rebuild is Ben working amazing. I have well over 1500 on the rebuild and no issues whatsoever it has been pretty hot and humid here in Buffalo the last couple weeks normally that is when it would have failed . I am so glad I Had it repaired. the car handles 100 percent better in the corners. if anybody has any questions or concerns PM me I will be happy to answer Joe
Old Aug 31, 2013, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by kikiturbo
The ACD pumps are a real problem on all EVO's and ralliarts.

The fact that most of the problems show up in hot weather is because the corrosion inside the pump makes the tight internal tolerances grow and the pump looses pressure as the oil thins down. It might work again in cold weather but soon enough it will stop working totally.

Now, what is important.. it is better to send it off for refurb sooner rather than later because you really do not want the solenoid to corrode too...

If you have a running pump, spray it with something greasy, and apply heavy grease around the base of the solenoid.. that will stop water from getting in.. That will not stop corrosion totally if you have been driving around for a year or two (esp with salt in the winter), but will save your solenoid... probably..

Also, you can drive around with the pump off for servicing, no problem.. just your diffs will be open all the time.. so drive normally.
he is correct get it done sooner than later my solenoid was destroyed after 3 years

Quick Reply: Just sent my ACD pump to get rebuilt.