Notices

Ralliart turbo upgrades

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2013, 07:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ralliart turbo upgrades

I am trying to find a way to upgrade my 09 ralliart to have 400-450 horsepower. I have looked in a lot of topics but i cant really find any big turbo upgrades, the main thing i am seeing is just turbo swaps to the evo turbo. Is this the best way to go then upgrade the intercooler, intake and exhaust system?
Old Aug 10, 2013, 08:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If your trying to get 400 you will need to upgrade your transmission or else it will slip like crazy. But if your looking to upgrade the turbo you will need to upgrade the supporting mods first so you can get the maximum power out of the turbo. So uicp, LICP, bigger intercooler (stock x will do just fine), and exhaust. That's just my two cents. That's how I did mine and it's great.

Also have you looked into the evo x build sections? I know there are a lot of guys running more than 400 whp.
Old Aug 10, 2013, 08:38 PM

Supporting mods first like Steven said..
The most power you can get from a Evo X turbo is like 330 whp at most. If you're looking for 400 range. you're going to look for like a fp red plus a tune.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 08:56 AM
Evolving Member

If your determined to get 400 whp I would recommend getting the best parts from the beginning to avoid upgrading upgrades.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 10:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by staticx
I am trying to find a way to upgrade my 09 ralliart to have 400-450 horsepower. I have looked in a lot of topics but i cant really find any big turbo upgrades, the main thing i am seeing is just turbo swaps to the evo turbo. Is this the best way to go then upgrade the intercooler, intake and exhaust system?
uhm no... Intercooler and pipes FIRST... then the turbo. The Ralliart intercooler is nearly insufficient for the stock RA turbo let alone something larger like a X turbo.

There are no bespoke Ralliart big turbos. They're all for the EvoX. So, you'll have to get one of those. You don't have to upgrade to an X turbo first, but you do need to make sure you have all the EvoX turbo mounting hardware to upgrade to something bigger than a X turbo.

Myself, I skipped the OEM X turbo and went straight to the BBX Lite. The parts list is exactly like the EvoX turbo swap parts list, with the turbo being the primary difference.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 05:14 PM

Is there a specific turbo swap parts list i should follow, i think I've seen 3 or 4 different ones. It seems like some of them don't even list the intercooler as one of the things to swap but i know the intercooler on the RA isn't the greatest. So to try to get around 400 horsepower would the stock evo intercooler be sufficient to support it? Also if it is too hard on the transmission the least i want to be able to do with the car without replacing the transmission is be able to beat a stock evo or wrx sti. How much more power does the BBX lite give over a stock evo turbo is another question i have.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 05:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MAP has a pre made X swap parts package fyi
Old Aug 11, 2013, 06:13 PM

So i could buy this MAP kit and according to it ill need to purchase the turbo, inlet pipe and outlet pipe separate. The kit has nothing to deal with intercooler so if i bought this kit and a BBX lite and the turbo inlet and outlet pipe would it be in my best interest to buy a stock evo intercooler, UICP and LICP?
Old Aug 11, 2013, 06:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by staticx
So i could buy this MAP kit and according to it ill need to purchase the turbo, inlet pipe and outlet pipe separate. The kit has nothing to deal with intercooler so if i bought this kit and a BBX lite and the turbo inlet and outlet pipe would it be in my best interest to buy a stock evo intercooler, UICP and LICP?
Yeah the kit is more for miscellaneous parts to do a x swap. But like I said before if your trying to get 400 a aftermarket intercooler would be your best bet. You should look into the AMS intercooler. As for the uicp you should avoid the stock x since its a soft pipe. You should get a hard pipe instead. And the LICP the stock X one is good but your going to need to do some minor modifications to get the bpv to work. Oh and that is another thing to upgrade is the bpv. The plastic one that comes with our cars sucks at holding boost.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 07:08 PM

So if i buy an AMS intercooler, UICP and LICP and BOV then the BBX lite and the MAP kit i should be set on that part of the picture, then upgrade exhaust?
Old Aug 11, 2013, 07:22 PM
Evolving Member

You will need a tune as well. You don't want to blow up your motor lol. A intake and 3 port would be good too. Also you might want to monitor what your engine is doing so a AFR, boost, and oil pressure gauge would be ideal.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 07:34 PM

Ya the tune part was a given, could you suggest a good intake and is there a digital system that shows boost oil pressure and AFR i could install?
Old Aug 11, 2013, 07:45 PM
Evolving Member

Personally I love AMS parts but it's all up to you if you want a open element or one that has a box like the AEM.

What do you mean by "digital system"?
Old Aug 11, 2013, 07:53 PM

I was trying to get a digital display that had all of them combined, but is there something i can buy that will show me all the important stuff to keep an eye on or do i need separate individual gauges?
Old Aug 11, 2013, 07:59 PM
Evolving Member

Oh ok lol yeah I've seen something like that but not sure how accurate or easy it will be to install. I just have all three seperate guages from AEM.

Quick Reply: Ralliart turbo upgrades